Page 101 of 455 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Easton Stick

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Apparently in Spack's presser he says they'll plan to play both Broadnax and Kolbe. But then he went onto say they'd play 3 QBs if it helped them win. I'm not buying that Kolbe is hurt... there was an ISUr guy on AGS who said towards the end of the SDSU game they caught a shot of Kolbe on the sideline and he looked pissed. I'd think with the weather the way it's supposed to be combined with the Bison defense not handling the QB run all that well this year that Broadnax will play unless it gets out of hand and they need to pass the ball to try to come back (hopefully that's the case ).
    We have struggled to handle QBs that can scramble, but if you think about it they also could throw. Christian and Streveler both can throw it. Broadnax is unproven in the passing game. Yes we have in the past struggled, but I would say it was more against duel threat QBs. The last QB that I can remember that was mainly a runner that hurt us was Bailey for UNI in 2015, the second time in the playoffs he was shut down. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    We have struggled to handle QBs that can scramble, but if you think about it they also could throw. Christian and Streveler both can throw it. Broadnax is unproven in the passing game. Yes we have in the past struggled, but I would say it was more against duel threat QBs. The last QB that I can remember that was mainly a runner that hurt us was Bailey for UNI in 2015, the second time in the playoffs he was shut down. Just my opinion.
    That's true. They also didn't do very well against the QB run in either the YSU or Missouri St games either IMO. However, they did shut down Gubrud at EWU. I'd like to think that against a QB like Broadnax they could rush 4 and still spy him with guys like DeLuca, Cox, and Board without having to worry too much about keeping guys back in coverage. I'd look for big games from Cox and DeLuca if the Bison do win... and we all know they're both capable of monster games.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Sometimes a QB just needs the right situation, place and timing to be a NFL QB.

Just take this guy for example:

I would take Easton Stick over him. Are both NFL Starters? No, but lets not forget Easton is just a Junior. He's still got time to prove himself, while Trevor will be a lifelong back-up QB all over in the league, which isn't bad considering he (Trevor) was surprised he ever got drafted in the first place (https://www.si.com/mmqb/2016/10/12/m...ning-successor).
    Since we are both from Colorado, I feel like I must say something. Stick over Siemian? No way in hell. Siemian will be a career backup, but he is more athletic, has a stronger arm, and the guy is a genius. He is the type of backup that will last in the NFL based on his intelligence alone. Think Kubiak, that is who Siemian is. Stick? Nice guy. Solid FCS QB. NFL. No way. Not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Yes he was a big NDSU fan and yes his family was as well. His sister went to NDSU and he wanted to as well. His family all are from the Havana area. The NDSU game is personal to him.

He wasn’t recruited heavily because he came off as having a bad attitude and being lazy.

Personally I don’t see him having a successful NFL career. He still is a hothead and the athletes at the NFL level see guys like him all the time. Isn’t particularly a good route runner, quick off routes, or a great blocker when asked. He has vertical speed for his size and good hands. Nothing about him screams superstar.
    Which sister went to NDSU? Pretty sure one went to Valley City and the other to Presentation in Aberdeen. Maybe one received post grad degree at NDSU, but neither attended undergrad at NDSU. He has talked about how his older sister was his influence in choosing to walk on at SDSU, because she wished she had chosen NORTHERN STATE to play volleyball. No where in any discussion is it mentioned that the family were big fans of NDSU, it is possible, there is a connection to North Dakota so I guess we have to take your word for it.

We know that Goedert was offered a full ride at Northern, they must not have seen him as lazy, a hot head or having a bad attitude. SDSU came in late, during basketball during his senior season. Stig went up to watch him play BB at which time he asked him to walk on at SDSU. I also found a nice little blurb about him from the Aberdeen American News where he was named Player of the Week in basketball and it discusses how much extra work he put in. He is known for being a beast in the weight room, doesn't seem to fit the, he's lazy and has a bad attitude.

http://articles.aberdeennews.com/201...rk-willow-lake

You seem to be bitter about Goedert's success. I get it, you hate SDSU, but it seems as if you may be making things up.

The NDSU game is personal to a lot of SDSU players. Most are tired of the obnoxious fans and former players for NDSU. It is a rivalry. As for his skills. I think we can let the NFL scouts following him around make that decision, not someone who likely has little or no football experience.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksfan29 View Post
    Since we are both from Colorado, I feel like I must say something. Stick over Siemian? No way in hell. Siemian will be a career backup, but he is more athletic, has a stronger arm, and the guy is a genius. He is the type of backup that will last in the NFL based on his intelligence alone. Think Kubiak, that is who Siemian is. Stick? Nice guy. Solid FCS QB. NFL. No way. Not even close.
    Stronger arm and more athletic? Have you been eating brownies during Broncos games the past few years? I don't know how smart Stick is compared to Siemian, but at least he's way more intelligent to not get hit by a freight train without trying to move out of the way.

The only thing that Siemian has over most QBs is that his passes are pretty. Unfortunately, he can't recognize defensive schemes well and audible out of them despite his "intelligence," which looks amazing compared to the two other QBs on the team whose combined Wonderlic Scores barely beat Carson Wentz's. All three current Broncos' QBs are poster-boys for "Awful White QBs" and have about as much moxey combined as the Cowardly Lion.

Trevor also can't lead nor shows any confidence in himself or the team, even when things are going good. Just watch some of his interviews after the Dallas blowout. Reporters talked him up after the game, and so did Peyton Manning. His response to the praise was to deflect it and remind everyone that they started off pretty good last year too and then fell apart.

Yes, Siemian will be in the NFL for awhile, but as I pointed out earlier, only as a back-up. Keep in mind, holding a clipboard behind the right QB doesn't take too much talent. Trevor, in my opinion, only made it to the NFL because one of Kubiak's staffers saw something in him that he liked while visiting Northwestern. Fortunately, that one person and the lack of real QB competition on the Broncos the past two years gave him a chance to be a starter. Not bad for a guy who I doubt ever starts for the Bison had he attended NDSU instead of Northwestern.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    Spot on! Goedert has been, is, and will always be a douchebag. Did you see his horns down gesture on his last TD reception against us. That's sour grapes. No Natty's for you!
    Hope you feel the same way about Marcus Williams, Craig Dahl, Billy Turner, etc and how they felt about playing the University of Minnesota then.....I am sure you dislike all these guys as much as Goedert, correct?

Sorry I missed all the fun of the conversation! TAB is always so much more elegant than me in making points we agree on.....

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Hope you feel the same way about Marcus Williams, Craig Dahl, Billy Turner, etc and how they felt about playing the University of Minnesota then.....I am sure you dislike all these guys as much as Goedert, correct?

Sorry I missed all the fun of the conversation! TAB is always so much more elegant than me in making points we agree on.....
    Give me examples where any of the above named Bison threw a punch during a game or made a disrespectful gesture. Spoke with a SoDak native at the game last week who's kids played with/against Goedert. He stated, without my asking or leading, that Goedert was not a good kid in high school. And that Goedert himself has admitted that fact. Perhaps he is trying to change, he's obviously not there yet. As has been stated in this thread, our team leaders are quick to correct that type of behavior. It's a culture thing.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    Give me examples where any of the above named Bison threw a punch during a game or made a disrespectful gesture. Spoke with a SoDak native at the game last week who's kids played with/against Goedert. He stated, without my asking or leading, that Goedert was not a good kid in high school. And that Goedert himself has admitted that fact. Perhaps he is trying to change, he's obviously not there yet. As has been stated in this thread, our team leaders are quick to correct that type of behavior. It's a culture thing.
    So he gave a horns down. Who felt disrespected? Certainly not me! The kid was not heavily recruited and he is going to have a chance at playing on sundays. Obviously he is doing something right.

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    So he gave a horns down. Who felt disrespected? Certainly not me! The kid was not heavily recruited and he is going to have a chance at playing on sundays. Obviously he is doing something right.
    Seriously, homerism never ceases to amaze me.....hell, I like him more that he did it. Shows he cares, unlike 99% of SD....

Zzzzingggg

Doesn't take much of a carrot to derail this thread ... over ... and over .... and over ...

Lol

I guess that is what happens when you get a biiggg enough group of people who can't get out of their own way and insists on having the last word .... word .... word ... word.

SMH

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Its not till "death do us part"....unless you make another call like that ...you bum!!
    .........good grief..........