Page 84 of 455 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick

OK, with a nod to some of you who have worn the uniform which I have not, I'm going to throw in $0.02 here. Please keep in mind that when CK appears before the media he is talking not only to you and me but also to his team. They can and will see this commentary too. He needs to maintain a consistent message with those guys who he is going into battle with next week as priority #1. He also needs to feed the fanbase and the supporters to be sure. But I believe he needs to be true to his message with his staff and his players. THEY are family and we are just fans. They do not play for us but rather for each other.

If I am mistaken I apologize but I don't believe you hear this coach say "guys we're going to lose some games" until after the damn fact. Prior to it's more like "anybody can beat anybody". Message - which is most importantly delivered to those who are going to lay it all out on the field of play or practice - is consistent and supportive.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    OK, with a nod to some of you who have worn the uniform which I have not, I'm going to throw in $0.02 here. Please keep in mind that when CK appears before the media he is talking not only to you and me but also to his team. They can and will see this commentary too. He needs to maintain a consistent message with those guys who he is going into battle with next week as priority #1. He also needs to feed the fanbase and the supporters to be sure. But I believe he needs to be true to his message with his staff and his players. THEY are family and we are just fans. They do not play for us but rather for each other.

If I am mistaken I apologize but I don't believe you hear this coach say "guys we're going to lose some games" until after the damn fact. Prior to it's more like "anybody can beat anybody". Message - which is most importantly delivered to those who are going to lay it all out on the field of play or practice - is consistent and supportive.
    Do you really think the team watches his pressers? The message to the players is direct from the coaches. They dont need social media to get the message. The players also understand what sound bites are for. Theyre for the fans not the players.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Do you really think the team watches his pressers? The message to the players is direct from the coaches. They dont need social media to get the message. The players also understand what sound bites are for. Theyre for the fans not the players.
    Well to be completely honest I don't know. And I don't doubt that the players have a strong sense that what is said in practice, meetings, etc is the WORD but if in fact some different message is delivered externally and that is accessible by the team is divergent then I would expect that to introduce doubt or question. I think it is a fine line to walk and one of the many reasons a head coach earns a decent paycheck.

But that is just my assessment from the outside. Unlike you I did not wear the uniform. Unlike these kids today I did not have social media (nor were any of my coaches talking to the media!) when I did play. I'm just speculating about how Chris is handling this messaging to very diverse group of constituents - some of which may be collateral.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Earle Solomson:

Offense: If everyone does their job/assignment every play can go for a TD.

Defense: If everyone does their job/assignment, opponent won’t gain a yard.

Both: Provided everyone plays with a passion to win every play.

I️ LIKED THAT PHILOSOPHY A LOT. Difficult to achieve physically? Yes. Mentally? The results—>showed on field.

Another message was no one can beat you if you play to the above.

Think about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Earle Solomson:

Offense: If everyone does their job/assignment every play can go for a TD.

Defense: If everyone does their job/assignment, opponent won’t gain a yard.

Both: Provided everyone plays with a passion to win every play.

I️ LIKED THAT PHILOSOPHY A LOT. Difficult to achieve physically? Yes. Mentally? The results—>showed on field.

Another message was no one can beat you if you play to the above.

Think about that.

Cant remember where I first heard it-----Coach to his players in regards to the press and the fans---I dont give a shit what your hear out there. Its nothing more than drama.
    The one and only thing you have to give a shit about is what is said here in this locker room by your coaches. Anything else is just noise.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Last time I post on this thread until this post is proven true. Easton is a stud with a ton of talent. He will take this as a learning experience and come back better than ever. We are in great shape and everyone needs to stop losing their damned minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    oh just fuck off with this. Have you not seen the total meltdown at a loss? Bisonville loses it's mind when we lose a game.

It's reality, he's telling you to calm your tits. It's legit.
    Nope you are 100% wrong. Never should a coach be OK with getting beat. Never should a coach reference past success as justification for getting beat. Period.

Prior to Klieman, not one NDSU coach ever talked about the expectations of getting beat. Not one. Klieman inherited a program that was ultra successful and he wants to build up fan/media expectations of getting beat in order to justify it.

Here’s the deal. We ALL know that losses are inevitable. What has there been, 4 NDSU unbeaten seasons? We get it is unrealistic/rare.....but building expectations and saying we will get beat? Fucking not acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    One of, if not, THE Best posts I️ have seen on this precise CK talk. Perfect! I️ wish someone would send it to the AD! I’m serious.

You hit the nail on the head CAS. 2015 preseason, Klieman was telling media, before the season, “guys we are going to get beat a few games this year”.

WTF?

Why, ever, would a coach say we are going to get beat? Why? You know what breeds success? Teams who have swagger that walk into games not giving who the Fuck you are, what players you have, we are going up beat you.

Klieman has had some very successful and talented teams....but the swagger of the Bohl teams is not here.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    You hit the nail on the head CAS. 2015 preseason, Klieman was telling media, before the season, “guys we are going to get beat a few games this year”.

WTF?

Why, ever, would a coach say we are going to get beat? Why? You know what breeds success? Teams who have swagger that walk into games not giving who the Fuck you are, what players you have, we are going up beat you.

Klieman has had some very successful and talented teams....but the swagger of the Bohl teams is not here.
    Agreed, with exception that the D has shown some swagger this season, but not against SDSU. I️ wanted to post after first series that D was playing slow, similar to JMU game, but held of. I️ should have. Usually when that is the case, it means they weren’t prepared for what they were seeing/anticipated.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

I believe ES is still a good QB and will bounce back from last weeks game! Though it might be time to see HVD with some more game reps. I think the Bison should at least show HVD during the game. NDSU needs to start showing the opponent "new wrinkles"; instead of it always being the other team showing NDSU them! ES will still be the No.1 QB, but to show USD some HVD very early in the game would absolutely freak USD out. Then once you have them on their heels (guessing what other wrinkles are coming) take the game to them and run it down their throat!