Page 83 of 455 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    I agree for the most part but I feel like that's his way of simmering the high expectations we have a fan base as a whole. When you don't lose often each loss has more and more scrutiny with it (this week for example). Press conferences are kind of dumb anyway. What is he supposed to say? Admit to the weaknesses we showed in the game? Of course he's going to come up with some canned responses.
    You ever hear Craig Bohl’s once say “we are going to lose a few games”?

I think the appropriate response would be we didn’t execute so we lost, not “well the loss was going to happen”.

Klieman is the only coach I’ve listened to go into the season saying “we are going to lose a few games”. I personally think that is a huge problem not having the mindset that we expect to win any game we play in. Granted that won’t happen, but if you think you are going to get beat, you definitely are going to get beat.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post

I think the appropriate response would be we didn’t execute so we lost, not “well the loss was going to happen”.

Klieman is the only coach I’ve listened to go into the season saying “we are going to lose a few games”. I personally think that is a huge problem not having the mindset that we expect to win any game we play in. Granted that won’t happen, but if you think you are going to get beat, you definitely arw going to get beat.
    oh just fuck off with this. Have you not seen the total meltdown at a loss? Bisonville loses it's mind when we lose a game.

It's reality, he's telling you to calm your tits. It's legit.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    So, what you are saying is, if we have 3 QBs, we should play scared? At what point is the backup situation settled where you can stop worrying about it in your eyes?
    The only time we should worry about it in my eyes is when we have comfortable leads. Then we should get our starter out and get our backups game reps. What I was saying is it appeared to me that our play calling/game planning in 2012 and this year, at times, seem to have been based in part over fear of the starting QB getting hurt. I'm not advocating for it, merely my opinion based on what I'm seeing called during certain games.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Klieman is the only coach I’ve listened to go into the season saying “we are going to lose a few games”. I personally think that is a huge problem not having the mindset that we expect to win any game we play in. Granted that won’t happen, but if you think you are going to get beat, you definitely are going to get beat.
    You're obviously not understanding what he meant. He said the same thing after we lost to UNI and won the whole damn thing. Bohl said after losses "they have good players too and give them credit. " Bohl also never inherited the unrealistic expectations of a six peat or 6 titles in 7 years either. Teams lose games. Bohl went 3-8 one year. Shit we've only gone undefeated once

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Klieman has an issue with it. I personally hate it when he says “we are going to lose some games”. He gets more fired up about tempering fan expectations versus discussing areas that the team needs to get better in. The fact that after the SDSU game he referenced winning 100 games since 2010 as being justification for a loss is worrying. In the next sentence he says “we need to move on”.

A coach , IMO, should never have an expectation they will get beat. Period. We all realize that is unrealistic, but Klieman needs to quit talking about how they will get beat.
    Good post. The message needs to be "We expect to win every game period. We know our fans expect to win every game and we hate to disappoint them and ourselves. Time to get back to work, make adjustments and re-focus." What NDSU fan wouldn't respect that? I would hope the average fan's expectations are not higher than our staff and team? What is the point in reminding us we have won 100 games in the last decade? That was a head scratcher. Is it a shot at fans having too high of expectations? One would hope our players and coaches came here to win knowing any loss will draw criticism. Figure it out and win. That is the NDSU way. Don't push back, embrace it. Hell of a lot better than being part of a program where nobody gives a shit or expects losses.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Stick can and does make big time throws on many occasions. I think his arm talent is among the best in the FCS and he is among the best running QBs.

Some of his recent picks have been from him pressing and trying to make a play when it's better to throw it away and punt. Some others have just been bad luck. He has definitely hit a rough patch but he's still my Quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Good post. The message needs to be "We expect to win every game period. We know our fans expect to win every game and we hate to disappoint them and ourselves. Time to get back to work, make adjustments and re-focus." What NDSU fan wouldn't respect that? I would hope the average fan's expectations are not higher than our staff and team? What is the point in reminding us we have won 100 games in the last decade? That was a head scratcher. Is it a shot at fans having too high of expectations? One would hope our players and coaches came here to win knowing any loss will draw criticism. Figure it out and win. That is the NDSU way. Don't push back, embrace it. Hell of a lot better than being part of a program where nobody gives a shit or expects losses.

Saying we expect to win game is meaningless rah rah bullshit. Klieman says routinely... "we have the ability to beat every team in our conference. If we don't play well, we have the ability to lose every game in the conference. "

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    I don't believe that this team running the style of offense that it has this year would beat all the BCS teams you just listed as beaten over the past few years. I think the talent is there but the style of play isn't the type of play NDSU has used to punish opponents in the past. Start punishing teams for 4 quarters like they have in years past and Ill be a believer. I think the offensive game plan will change moving forward and this loss will turn out to be a good thing starting this Saturday. Yes, with 1-2 turnovers the Bison may have beaten SDSU, but, with the conversion back to power football the Bison will once again find themselves winning in a dominant fashion. There is nothing wrong with the three RB's we played last week, you simply need to keep giving them the ball.
    I agree 100% with what you said, no way NDSU wins all the FBS games playing this style offense. I have been waiting for that smash mouth style to return all season.

I don’t like the schedule this year, still can’t get a good feel for this team

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Puetz View Post
    Everyone on this board should read Kolpack's article in today's Forum about social media and it's impact on players.
    He's probably more interested in it's impact on reporters.

Default Easton Stick

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post

One of, if not, THE Best posts I️ have seen on this precise CK talk. Perfect! I️ wish someone would send it to the AD! I’m serious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.