Page 82 of 455 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Puetz View Post
    Everyone on this board should read Kolpack's article in today's Forum about social media and it's impact on players.
    How about coaches?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Puetz View Post
    Everyone on this board should read Kolpack's article in today's Forum about social media and it's impact on players.
    It's a pretty good article. I relates to something I posted within the past few years about how we, as a whole, react negatively on this board to anything and everything and that the athletes will unfortunately read it (I really wish they wouldn't). I don't think that message got through as many of us, especially the negative Nancy's, still expect and demand perfection while us fans, live very imperfect lives.

It's that type of negativity that caused me to shutdown any of my social media profiles outside of Bisonville. Social media, unfortunately, has giving a big voice among us who were never heard from in the past - the "uninformed." As a species, thanks to social media, we're not looking as smart as I once thought we were. Intelligence comes in many different forms. Social media doesn't show a whole lot of it.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    It's a pretty good article. I relates to something I posted within the past few years about how we, as a whole, react negatively on this board to anything and everything and that the athletes will unfortunately read it (I really wish they wouldn't). I don't think that message got through as many of us, especially the negative Nancy's, still expect and demand perfection while us fans, live very imperfect lives.

It's that type of negativity that caused me to shutdown any of my social media profiles outside of Bisonville. Social media, unfortunately, has giving a big voice among us who were never heard from in the past - the "uninformed." As a species, thanks to social media, we're not looking as smart as I once thought we were. Intelligence comes in many different forms. Social media doesn't show a whole lot of it.
    Yeah, things sure have changed with the advent of social media.

I'm still on the Stick wagon though. He's hit a rough patch but he has shown he can do it in the past. Hopefully we get the running game going against USD (going to be a tall order since their run D is pretty good.)

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Yeah, things sure have changed with the advent of social media.

I'm still on the Stick wagon though. He's hit a rough patch but he has shown he can do it in the past. Hopefully we get the running game going against USD (going to be a tall order since their run D is pretty good.)
    I totally agree. He might have had a some tough games, but which Bison QB in the past didn't, including Carson? I'm worried that he's being forced into situations that don't fit his or the teams strengths and that is affecting his confidence - looking at his body language on sideline didn't look good. The team needs to attack their opponents much like the solution to eating an elephant - one bite at a time. In this situation, one bite would be focusing on gaining at least three, hopefully four yards per play.

The big time plays are nice, but should be reserved when they have the game in decisive control. Right now, the deep ball is not fooling anyone in MVFC and is becoming a waste of a valuable down and killing the clock. I would wait until the team is up by at least two TDs and use the deep ball attempt as a kill shot.

I believe Easton is a pretty good QB, especially when one realizes where he stands statistically in NDSU's record books. I hope the team rallies behind him like they did two years ago when he helped get them to the National Championship Game. The Bison will win if they focus on being a team, but will fail if they expect individuals on the team to carry them.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    How about coaches?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Klieman has an issue with it. I personally hate it when he says “we are going to lose some games”. He gets more fired up about tempering fan expectations versus discussing areas that the team needs to get better in. The fact that after the SDSU game he referenced winning 100 games since 2010 as being justification for a loss is worrying. In the next sentence he says “we need to move on”.

A coach , IMO, should never have an expectation they will get beat. Period. We all realize that is unrealistic, but Klieman needs to quit talking about how they will get beat.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Klieman has an issue with it. I personally hate it when he says “we are going to lose some games”. He gets more tired up about tempering fan expectations versus discussing areas that the team needs to get better in.

A coach , IMO, should never have an expectation they will get beat. Period. We all realize that is unrealistic, but Klieman needs to quit talking about how they will get beat.
    I agree for the most part but I feel like that's his way of simmering the high expectations we have a fan base as a whole. When you don't lose often each loss has more and more scrutiny with it (this week for example). Press conferences are kind of dumb anyway. What is he supposed to say? Admit to the weaknesses we showed in the game? Of course he's going to come up with some canned responses.

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Klieman has an issue with it. I personally hate it when he says “we are going to lose some games”. He gets more fired up about tempering fan expectations versus discussing areas that the team needs to get better in. The fact that after the SDSU game he referenced winning 100 games since 2010 as being justification for a loss is worrying. In the next sentence he says “we need to move on”.

I get the feel he's just protecting his players from us. Fans are great, until you start listening to them. Except for me of course. I've been right every single time I've second guessed a play.

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    Yep, you guys are right. You only need to be concerned with the two deep at any given position. We should hire the two of you to recruit and coach so we'd have a program on par with the Fawkers. My god people are stupid.

Here, let me clearly spell it out for the two of you: backup situation ≠ Carson Wentz
    So, what you are saying is, if we have 3 QBs, we should play scared? At what point is the backup situation settled where you can stop worrying about it in your eyes?
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post

I for one will never harshly criticize a player other than pointing out that they had a tough game. These kids bust their asses off and don't deserve that kind of criticism. There is enough pressure going to school full time, having to do well academically, maintaining a positive image publicly, and not to mention being part of one of the best programs in the nation. These young men work their asses off and care about the program. In Easton's case I'll just say that he's a proven QB and one of the best in the conference who has happened to have a crappy few games. That's OK because even the best QB's have some bad stretches

Coaches on the other hand I will relentlessly rip on because it's their job and they are paid pretty well. I rarely criticize a coach unless it's something I feel strong about (last year the 3 down lineman approach vs EWU or Polasek in the 4th quarter vs JMU) but I'm also the first person to complement them. Klieman, IMO, is one of the best coaches we have ever had. He's not only a great coach but he's a good charter guy who recruits high charter players. I think the rest of our staff is amazing. Messingham has done all the right things up until the last few games. Big deal. Vigen and Polasek both had some dog shit type games as well but big picture they figured it out.

I think he's just saying that just because we lost a game, it doesn't mean we're fucked and we are still capable of winning the whole damn thing. This team isn't going to reinvent the wheel after a loss where we had 5 turnovers. Our formula is proven over the long haul. We've won 5 National Championships with it, beat Iowa, Kansas State, Colorado State, Minnesota twice, etc with it. Now if we keep doing what we did last week I'll be pissed.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I don't believe that this team running the style of offense that it has this year would beat all the BCS teams you just listed as beaten over the past few years. I think the talent is there but the style of play isn't the type of play NDSU has used to punish opponents in the past. Start punishing teams for 4 quarters like they have in years past and Ill be a believer. I think the offensive game plan will change moving forward and this loss will turn out to be a good thing starting this Saturday. Yes, with 1-2 turnovers the Bison may have beaten SDSU, but, with the conversion back to power football the Bison will once again find themselves winning in a dominant fashion. There is nothing wrong with the three RB's we played last week, you simply need to keep giving them the ball.