Page 76 of 455 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick

Almost everything was misfiring on Saturday, no need to analyze it because it was ugly and SDSU is a good enough team to punish you if you play poorly. But to put so much on No. 12 is unfair. He played bad, he also didn't have a running back who was having an MVP year to help him out. He also had drives stalled by crappy, inconsistent reffing. Kid has only lost 3 games in three years, took us deep in the playoffs his redshirt freshman and sophomore seasons, and has shown every indication that he can do the same thing this season. Game sucked, move on. Go Bison!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Puetz View Post
    What's your choice other than Stick? You think we can win with Cole or Henry? No way. The kid played a shitty game, OC called a shitty game, QB coach hasn't taught Stick to throw the ball away rather than take a sack for a 20 yard loss, number of starters out for the season, etc. Lots of reasons for losing. You go undefeated in the Valley, and you are a lock to win the National Championship. You lose one or two games in the Valley, and you still have a very good chance at winning the National Championship. Quit bitchin and go to Saturday's game and cheer on No. 12 because he is your only QB option who can get them into the playoffs, back to Frisco, and another ring.
    Amen.... played 3 teams ranked in top 10 in a row. it is a tough conference..

Quote Originally Posted by scbison91 View Post
    Welcome to the MVFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    God damn, there's a serious anti-Easton Stick campaign going on. It's like the kid hasn't personally won twice as many games as he's lost or something.
    It is anti-anything, it is reality. He needs to get better and the coaches need to help build him back up. It seems like we have taken some of the easier throws out of the offense, the staff needs to work on getting him some high percentage looks earlier, get him going a bit. That said maybe he has easier passes and he isn't' seeing them. Whatever the case there needs to be some kind of intervention to get him back on track, the status quo isn't working.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Puetz View Post
    Almost everything was misfiring on Saturday, no need to analyze it because it was ugly and SDSU is a good enough team to punish you if you play poorly. But to put so much on No. 12 is unfair. He played bad, he also didn't have a running back who was having an MVP year to help him out. He also had drives stalled by crappy, inconsistent reffing. Kid has only lost 3 games in three years, took us deep in the playoffs his redshirt freshman and sophomore seasons, and has shown every indication that he can do the same thing this season. Game sucked, move on. Go Bison!
    How about we go back to not hoping the refs help decide the game and NDSU dominates in spite of the refs missing calls. Four drives stalled because of bad turnovers (and I am not counting the last one), the refs had nothing to do with those drives ending. I'm not bashing the team, I myself have stated my observation earlier and some others are doing it now. Sure, Stick has been the starting QB in only 3 game in which the Bison have lost, and that sounds impressive. But I wonder, how many of those games did Stick win, or how many of those games did the rest of the team win for him. Or to be more clear, how many games can you look back on and say to yourself that Stick won that game for the Bison. I can look back on Brock Jensen and point out many games where he did it, and Wentz as well in his short career (of starting), but maybe only 2 for Stick. Keep in mind, I am talking about games where you say to yourself that no other QB in college football could have done that. Stick is a fairly good runner with some good speed, but his passing is sub par overall. You have to make others teams respect the fact that even though we are a running team, that the Bison can still burn you with the pass. And right now, no one is afraid of the NDSU passing game, and the run game is slowing down. YSU did it to us and now the lowly SDSU run defense did it as well. Coaching, and play calling have been crap lately and this is the time of year that those things should be gelling, not showing signs of weakness. This is not my attacking the team, it is just simply fact.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by scbison91 View Post
    UNI was not a top ten team, and all though YSU was ranked that high when we played them they will be lucky to make the playoffs and are no longer top ten. As a matter of fact, neither one of those team are even ranked in the top 25 any more, so right now, the only team we have played that is a top ten team ATM, we lost to.

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDees View Post
    So this year currently sitting at 42% and last year at 41.7% are not as good as years past.

3rd down conversion - conference only in previous years

2016 - 41.7
    2015 - 51.8
    2014 - 46.2
    2013 - 48.6
    Yep, last year our 3rd down conversion rate was down and we all know how things ended. This and our TOP are not where it was during our championship seasons. I don't think people are bitching when they bring up stats. The way we are built we need to move the chains and eat up the clock. We haven't been doing that with the consistancy that we had became use to. That's not opinion, it's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Yep, last year our 3rd down conversion rate was down and we all know how things ended. This and our TOP are not where it was during our championship seasons. I don't think people are bitching when they bring up stats. The way we are built we need to move the chains and eat up the clock. We haven't been doing that with the consistancy that we had became use to. That's not opinion, it's a fact.
    fact jack.jpg
    Yes sir it is.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    True and in addition to that we don't have any cornerbacks with any ball skills. Last Saturday and also Schors "toss up a prayer" balls in last year's playoff game don't happen with any two of Marcus, John Pike, or CJ...even one guy like that would be huge.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    True and in addition to that we don't have any cornerbacks with any ball skills. Last Saturday and also Schors "toss up a prayer" balls in last year's playoff game don't happen with any two of Marcus, John Pike, or CJ...even one guy like that would be huge.
    We were talking about Pike the other night. What a surprise he turned out to be. Made some big plays.
    Was he the player who sent the helmet in and got it on tv?
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans