Page 99 of 455 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    How many championships does Goedert have? He's a hot dog. Sure he's good but for all his talent he can't get his team over the hump.

He lives for that rock.
    He's a tight end...lol
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Stick isn't trying to be an NFL QB. Lets just hope he is a great Bison QB. He is our guy. Couldn't be happier he is.
    I agree with you, He is a Bison QB and I am very happy he is here. The NFL can figure these things out on their own.
    Easton has done a fantastic job for the Bison and we still have him for his best year next year.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Its not till "death do us part"....unless you make another call like that ...you bum!!
    .........good grief..........

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

That's disappointing to find out he was a big NDSU fan and didn't end up here. But thems are the breaks and he has really had a good career down in Brookings so good for him. It's tough when NDSU passes (or doesn't have schollies available) when there are kids that want to come here but end up going somewhere else and having success. There's a player 75 miles north of Fargo that threw a touchdown last Saturday who wanted to be a Bison, but wasn't offered too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonfanatical View Post
    I agree with you, He is a Bison QB and I am very happy he is here. The NFL can figure these things out on their own.
    Easton has done a fantastic job for the Bison and we still have him for his best year next year.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    I do not ever want us to be known as just NDSU NFL QB University.
    We need to continue to be known as NDSU FCS Champions University.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    TSCF is setting some on here up. He gave two players that are on completely different levels...and some here try to play word games? All this does is prove TSCF's point. Goedert is a freaking beast...unbelievable tight end who knows how to get open and has great speed. He is the type of player opposing teams have to game plan around. I don't believe anybody gameplans around a single tight end of ours.

Why doesn't SDSU have any rings? Because they have three great players on offense, and one on defense (Mr Ankle Twister). They have pieces to the puzzle, but pieces are missing. That doesn't take away from the fact that Goedert is the best tight end in the FCS.
    He's also cherry-picking people's answers. I said Goedert is a better TE based on stats only, but then asked if he was a better team player than Illies, which is more important to a team winning National Championships. For that, he called me a homer without answering my question.

Again, it is really difficult to judge these two based on the two different systems they play in. If both players switched teams, who would have the better stats? Would Illies even be a TE or would he be another tall, fast WR for the Jackrabbits? For Goedert, would he have survived one season as a Bison?

So many factors to look at when comparing players. In regards to TEs, NDSU recruits extremely talented kids every year, but none of them will finish their Bison careers with Goedert-like numbers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    He's also cherry-picking people's answers. I said Goedert is a better TE based on stats only, but then asked if he was a better team player than Illies, which is more important to a team winning National Championships. For that, he called me a homer without answering my question.

Again, it is really difficult to judge these two based on the two different systems they play in. If both players switched teams, who would have the better stats? Would Illies even be a TE or would he be another tall, fast WR for the Jackrabbits? For Goedert, would he have survived one season as a Bison?

So many factors to look at when comparing players. In regards to TEs, NDSU recruits extremely talented kids every year, but none of them will finish their Bison careers with Goedert-like numbers.
    The question was who is the better te...and the answer was easy. People have a hard time admitting something so simple. One is considered a pretty good draft prospect...one hasn't been mentioned (that I have heard). Even engaging in the discussion is plain silly. Like I said...anybody discussing otherwise on this one proved TSCF's homer point.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Back to Easton Stick, I think Easton will run for 125 himself Saturday on about 8-10 carries. The rest of the RB will go for 225+ on 35-40 carries. Good old fashion ground and pound attach Saturday in Normal. RUN THE DAMN BALL!!!!!!
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Back to Easton Stick, I think Easton will run for 125 himself Saturday on about 8-10 carries. The rest of the RB will go for 225+ on 35-40 carries. Good old fashion ground and pound attach Saturday in Normal. RUN THE DAMN BALL!!!!!!
    I hope you're right but I don't see the Bison running game going for near that many yards. Illinois St is 10th in the nation allowing 92.5 ypg rushing and 12th in the nation allowing 2.97 ypc. By comparison NDSU's defense is 8th (88.4 ypg rushing) and 10th (2.75 ypc) in those categories. I don't think there's going to be many points scored given the weather conditions leading to challenges passing the ball but I do agree that Stick is going to have to be the difference with his legs like he was in the YSU game. I just don't see the Bison RBs getting much going but, again, I hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I think whoever wrote that is on something. I love Easton. He will continue to excel at NDSU. If I was an NFL GM, I wouldn't even give him a tryout. Jensen was easily a more likely NFL player than Stick. Easton has to be much better in the passing game, and be much earlier on throws for me to change my mind.
    I think I would agree with this. I still think Brock Jensen was underrated by the NFL people who evaluated his potential, and I think he should have, and wish he would have, had a chance to play. He wasn't able to win a starting job with a CFL team, however. Was this because he just wasn't quite good enough, or were there other reasons? I don't know. The 4Q drive he managed against K State to win the game remains a classic.

To give Easton some credit ... he has had some games where he has played really well, even as a passing QB - the USD game for example. But in others, like the prior three games, he has played so-so (SDSU was simply bad, or a bad day).

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    I think I would agree with this. I still think Brock Jensen was underrated by the NFL people who evaluated his potential, and I think he should have, and wish he would have, had a chance to play. He wasn't able to win a starting job with a CFL team, however. Was this because he just wasn't quite good enough, or were there other reasons? I don't know. The 4Q drive he managed against K State to win the game remains a classic.

To give Easton some credit ... he has had some games where he has played really well, even as a passing QB - the USD game for example. But in others, like the prior three games, he has played so-so (SDSU was simply bad, or a bad day).
    I don't consider the good game Easton had against USD as his redemption game. This week against Illinois State is the redemption game for Easton and the rest of the Bison. Just like SDSU this is a big away game that has impact on conference (sole title) and playoff seed.