Page 97 of 455 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Why are you asking me that since my post had nothing to do with TEs? Since you asked, stats say yes, but can he block and be a team player as good as Illies? You have to remember, NDSU isn't a stat machine school, and hence why "experts" didn't understand the Wentz-hype. This is also one of the reasons why certain WRs start while others don't. It's not always about speed, routes and hands, but also how well they can block for the run-game, which is the core of Bison Football on the offense. Hard to compare NDSU offensive players to those on SDSU's team. If you did, and based everything based on stats, then why do they have zero National Championship Rings?
    It's not just stats that say Goedert is better than Illies. Just watch them both play. Goedert is also bigger, stronger, faster, more athletic, and has better hands. Blocking? That's not exactly Illies' strong suit either but Goedert isn't really asked to do much blocking so I don't know. Illies does have a better attitude than Goedert from what I've seen. Even with that I'd guarantee that NDSU would take a player like Goedert in a heartbeat. He's an exceptional talent for his body type at this level that would be a difference maker for any team running any offense (well, except maybe the triple option).

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    I thought we passed on Goedert. Wasn't he a big NDSU fan in Highschool
    Everyone did really. SDSU only offered him a PWO. He was a better basketball player in high school than football player. I don't think he or his family were big NDSU fans but I'm sure they would've listened to a pitch from NDSU. I don't blame NDSU though because it wasn't very plausible to predict that he'd become anything close to the type of player he's become today. Credit to SDSU's coaches for developing him.

I come to the Easton Stick thread to read about Dallas Goedert.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I come to the Easton Stick thread to read about Dallas Goedert.
    Thread drift on Bisonville? Say it ain't so!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    It's not just stats that say Goedert is better than Illies. Just watch them both play. Goedert is also bigger, stronger, faster, more athletic, and has better hands. Blocking? That's not exactly Illies' strong suit either but Goedert isn't really asked to do much blocking so I don't know. Illies does have a better attitude than Goedert from what I've seen. Even with that I'd guarantee that NDSU would take a player like Goedert in a heartbeat. He's an exceptional talent for his body type at this level that would be a difference maker for any team running any offense (well, except maybe the triple option).

Everyone did really. SDSU only offered him a PWO. He was a better basketball player in high school than football player. I don't think he or his family were big NDSU fans but I'm sure they would've listened to a pitch from NDSU. I don't blame NDSU though because it wasn't very plausible to predict that he'd become anything close to the type of player he's become today. Credit to SDSU's coaches for developing him.
    Yes he was a big NDSU fan and yes his family was as well. His sister went to NDSU and he wanted to as well. His family all are from the Havana area. The NDSU game is personal to him.

He wasn’t recruited heavily because he came off as having a bad attitude and being lazy.

Personally I don’t see him having a successful NFL career. He still is a hothead and the athletes at the NFL level see guys like him all the time. Isn’t particularly a good route runner, quick off routes, or a great blocker when asked. He has vertical speed for his size and good hands. Nothing about him screams superstar.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Yes he was a big NDSU fan and yes his family was as well. His sister went to NDSU and he wanted to as well. His family all are from the Havana area. The NDSU game is personal to him.

He wasn’t recruited heavily because he came off as having a bad attitude and being lazy.

Personally I don’t see him having a successful NFL career. He still is a hothead and the athletes at the NFL level see guys like him all the time. Isn’t particularly a good route runner, quick off routes, or a great blocker when asked. He has vertical speed for his size and good hands. Nothing about him screams superstar.
    this kind of sounds like sour grapes

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    this kind of sounds like sour grapes
    How many championships does Goedert have? He's a hot dog. Sure he's good but for all his talent he can't get his team over the hump.

He lives for that rock.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post

Spot on! Goedert has been, is, and will always be a douchebag. Did you see his horns down gesture on his last TD reception against us. That's sour grapes. No Natty's for you!

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    How many championships does Goedert have? He's a hot dog. Sure he's good but for all his talent he can't get his team over the hump.

He lives for that rock.
    takes more than 1 player to win a championship

TSCF is setting some on here up. He gave two players that are on completely different levels...and some here try to play word games? All this does is prove TSCF's point. Goedert is a freaking beast...unbelievable tight end who knows how to get open and has great speed. He is the type of player opposing teams have to game plan around. I don't believe anybody gameplans around a single tight end of ours.

Why doesn't SDSU have any rings? Because they have three great players on offense, and one on defense (Mr Ankle Twister). They have pieces to the puzzle, but pieces are missing. That doesn't take away from the fact that Goedert is the best tight end in the FCS.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    takes more than 1 player to win a championship
    My post was wordier. You win.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]