Page 73 of 455 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Easton Stick

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Puetz View Post
    Does anyone remember Brock Jensen's performance against Indiana State in the Fargodome when he threw a couple of interceptions, one being a pick-6 and the Bison looked like crap, lost, and won a National Championship? That's just what happened in the Jacks game.
    We also played USD the week after... 54-0

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Puetz View Post
    Does anyone remember Brock Jensen's performance against Indiana State in the Fargodome when he threw a couple of interceptions, one being a pick-6 and the Bison looked like crap, lost, and won a National Championship? That's just what happened in the Jacks game.
    Brock didn't look like crap 4 weeks in a row though. This wasn't just an off day.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Brock didn't look like crap 4 weeks in a row though. This wasn't just an off day.
    God damn, there's a serious anti-Easton Stick campaign going on. It's like the kid hasn't personally won twice as many games as he's lost or something.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

That's the point most people that are being critical of his performance are making. Yet the people that are all in on Stick are taking it a totally different way.
    The fella that watches the CFL

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    God damn, there's a serious anti-Easton Stick campaign going on. It's like the kid hasn't personally won twice as many games as he's lost or something.
    Did I say something that isn't true? Do you really think everything's OK and they should stay on the current course because things will magically work themselves out? I think that's a recipe for another loss this week. Stick needs to play within himself and/or the coaches need to put in him in better position to utilize his strengths. As I already mentioned, he doesn't lack physical talent.

Did I say something that isn't true? Do you really think everything's OK and they should stay on the current course because things will magically work themselves out? I think that's a recipe for another loss this week. Stick needs to play within himself and/or the coaches need to put in him in better position to utilize his strengths. As I already mentioned, he doesn't lack physical talent.
    Look at what he's doing. Is that what has gotten us where we are the last 6 years? bombs on first and second down? No. We recruited a good running quarterback who can pass well when necessary. We're trying to fucking be Eastern Washington.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bison Nation will always have high expectations. Stick is following the #2 NFL draft pick and a QB with the most wins in FCS history. Stick has a chance to beat that record. We are acting like the world ended and we are 1-8. We are 8-1, in control of our own fate. Can he play better yes. Can the team play better yes. Can the coaches coach and prepare better yes. Let Stick be Stick and not chasing the past. Bison make history, they don't chase it.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

He hasn't personally won any games. The team has. I don't think there is any anti-anything going on. Our QB has thrown 7 picks in the last 3 games. Fans are rightfully concerned. Like I said before, it's not all his fault. It is a symptom of our offensive problems. Conference only stats came out. Through 6 games our offense is ranked 5th in the conference in time of possession. Stick is tied for the lead in Int thrown with 7...

Look at what he's doing. Is that what has gotten us where we are the last 6 years? bombs on first and second down? No. We recruited a good running quarterback who can pass well when necessary. We're trying to fucking be Eastern Washington.
    Well, yeah, that doesn't contradict what I've been saying.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This anti Stick campaign is about the same as the anti Jensen campaign during his Junior year (about the same point in the year as well). I actually wanted Jensen benched for Wentz and we still would have won the same championships either way in my opinion.

As far as Stick goes, I don't think we should bench him. He is struggling throwing the ball, but lets get back to running the ball with our backs and him. Plus, lets use some swing passes to the backs to get him in rhythm and give him easy passes.

Saturday could have been much different with momentum for Stick if the refs would have called those 2 pass interference calls on back to back plays. Football is about momentum and those did not help. Now, SDSU took advantage of those poor calls and took it to us, but you never know how those would have helped Stick's confidence.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.