Page 90 of 455 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Last week, it was the gameplanning that killed us. On both sides of the ball.
    Absolutely. When you don't run the ball under center, playaction is not effective. This week we pounded the rock under center and used shotgun as the change of pace. Stick today was brilliant, especially on playaction

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Absolutely. When you don't run the ball under center, playaction is not effective. This week we pounded the rock under center and used shotgun as the change of pace. Stick today was brilliant, especially on playaction
    Let's see:

QB Rating: 334.
    Power game doing nothing and we need a yard? Stick picked it up.
    Almost 30 yards per completion.
    He took zero sacks.
    And when he was forced to scramble, he kept his eyes downfield and made USD pay.

Guy was nearly flawless.

NDSU needs to figure out why we need three tries to pick up 1 yard running our bread and butter offense - and get it fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Let's see:

He took zero sacks.
    And when he was forced to scramble, he kept his eyes downfield and made USD pay.

Guy was nearly flawless.

NDSU needs to figure out why we need three tries to pick up 1 yard running our bread and butter offense - and get it fixed.
    Agree with everything. Up the middle running was what USD was selling out to stop. Their safeties were exposed at the edges because of it plus our TE were free all night.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Let's see:

He took zero sacks.

Guy was nearly flawless.

I'm going to have to agree with the posters who were talking about Bruce's vision at the line. It seems now unless there's a wide open gap, he doesn't get it.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Let's see:

He took zero sacks.

Guy was nearly flawless.

I listened to the post game show on the Bison 1660 app, and there was also a mention that Easton made a few important audibles that put the team in a better situation. I can't remember the exact situations, but I believe one was going back to a power play when USD had the outside covered. Someone might be able to explain it better to me, but the ability to audible to a better situation is proof that Easton does not suffer from low football IQ as someone here stated last week.
    Hail the BISON!!!

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Easton Stick is a class act, good student, and a heck of a football player.

Right now he doesn't look NFL caliber maybe CFL, but regardless I think he would be great at any future career because of this approach to adversity.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post
    Easton Stick is a class act, good student, and a heck of a football player.

Right now he doesn't look NFL caliber maybe CFL, but regardless I think he would be great at any future career because of this approach to adversity.
    I disagree. He could be a late round pick like CJ Bethard if he plays consistently.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    I disagree. He could be a late round pick like CJ Bethard if he plays consistently.
    Holy crap! I agree with you about something.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Holy crap! I agree with you about something.
    I do too! Shocking! Actually I was thinking Late Rounder or UDFA... I could see him developing into a good journeyman QB though

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    If true, this is really sad. Some people really need to get a grip. It is just a game being played by very young men. I repeat, just a game
    Easton had a great response in post game interview. Basically he stated, more important things in life than worrying about wins and losses.