Page 88 of 455 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    Great game for Stick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One of the best performances I've seen.

Stick was ridiculous. Really wanted him to finish with 100% completions though. That last pass took care of that.

LOL, so where are all the haters now? People have to realize that every player can have an off day. Stick is a pretty solid QB. We are in good hands with him at the helm.

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

In the GDT thread when I commented on Easton's performance, I was corrected--it was just the difference in secondary play between last week and this week that made him look good today. Can't believe how quickly people throw shade but won't give credit when it's earned.

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    LOL, so where are all the haters now? People have to realize that every player can have an off day. Stick is a pretty solid QB. We are in good hands with him at the helm.
    I don't think anyone said he was a bad QB..he is just bad at certain things. Throwing an out from one hash to the other sideline...taking a 7 step drop and trying to chuck it downfield...throwing the ball 30 times a game..Those are not his strengths..

Now..throwing crossing patterns..throwing 10-12 yard passes up the sideline...play action and the quick seem pass....12-15 well times passes....those are things he is really good at..the game plan played to that today. The game plan the previous two weeks did not.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBison View Post
    In the GDT thread when I commented on Easton's performance, I was corrected--it was just the difference in secondary play between last week and this week that made him look good today. Can't believe how quickly people throw shade but won't give credit when it's earned.
    Sigh. I hear ya. Crazy, passionate, fan base. I am on board with you. Easton was spot on.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Not sure who deserves more credit, the coaches or Stick, but that was fun to watch today. Great bounce back after 4 poor games.

Straight up baller. All he does is lead his team to wins. Great team win
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    I don't think anyone said that Stick was a bad QB. Some folks, my self included, said that he does not do some things well. My constructive criticism of him is that he is not a great or even very good passer and that our wide receivers can't play a pass orientated game.Stick is a darn good runner. On a scale of 1-10, he is a 9 as a runner, but a 5 as a passer. The offensive playbook for him should not rely on him throwing deep passes or threading the needle while on the run. He does not have the touch for it or the accuracy, and the wide receivers don't get a whole lot of separation to complete those kind of passes. Today's game playcalling was ideal for him. The Bison passing game needs to target the TE's at least 50%-60% of the time and sprinkle in the wide receivers. They did that today and were doing it earlier in the year to a lesser extent(against YSU). Our TE's are fantastic, keep up this kind of play calling and our offense will be just fine and get us to the championship. Defense played much better, they have a few things to clean up, but they played a very solid game and kept the USD QB from going crazy with his running. Which has been an issue in the past with running/mobile QB's. Stick played probably one of if not his best game yet, and a very large part of that is that the coaches called the plays that are successful for his strengths.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    I don't think anyone said he was a bad QB..he is just bad at certain things. Throwing an out from one hash to the other sideline...taking a 7 step drop and trying to chuck it downfield...throwing the ball 30 times a game..Those are not his strengths..

Now..throwing crossing patterns..throwing 10-12 yard passes up the sideline...play action and the quick seem pass....12-15 well times passes....those are things he is really good at..the game plan played to that today. The game plan the previous two weeks did not.
    Yep, played to Easton's strengths today. Playing QB is also a lot easier when your team is gashing the defense with its run game. Great game by our offense and QB!