Page 85 of 455 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick

Easton Stick will be the NDSU quarterback until he graduates or is physically unable to walk onto the field.

Gene Taylor told Klieman one of the hardest parts of the Head Coaching job when he took it was managing expectations, including fan expectations. This thread is a good example why.

Week to week are the players and coaches playiers preparing to lose or are ambivalent to the outcome? I'm guessing that's a hard no. After a loss does happen is it important to put in perspective the situation and where the team stands in reaching their season goals? I'd say that's a smart thing to do.

Week to week I'm sure they are preparing to win and have the mindset that they can and should win every game they play. The team and us fans need to be reminded losses will happen however and it's not the end of the world when they do. Conference and National Championships are still obtainable. That's why you can look back at the success of prior years and notice the overall success occurred even with one or two losses still happening each season.

The truth is you can't win em all. Preparing for that reality and being reminded of it after a loss doesn't prohibit the mindset of competing for National Championships each year or expecting to win each week.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Nope you are 100% wrong. Never should a coach be OK with getting beat. Never should a coach reference past success as justification for getting beat. Period.

Prior to Klieman, not one NDSU coach ever talked about the expectations of getting beat. Not one. Klieman inherited a program that was ultra successful and he wants to build up fan/media expectations of getting beat in order to justify it.

Here’s the deal. We ALL know that losses are inevitable. What has there been, 4 NDSU unbeaten seasons? We get it is unrealistic/rare.....but building expectations and saying we will get beat? Fucking not acceptable.
    You hit the nail on the head CAS. 2015 preseason, Klieman was telling media, before the season, “guys we are going to get beat a few games this year”.

WTF?

Why, ever, would a coach say we are going to get beat? Why? You know what breeds success? Teams who have swagger that walk into games not giving who the Fuck you are, what players you have, we are going up beat you.

Klieman has had some very successful and talented teams....but the swagger of the Bohl teams is not here.
    Fire Klieman, save season. Guys for real though, we have a total chump for a coach and our QB sucks. Burn your season tickets- the coach said its POSSIBLE that his team could lose a game or two a season! I've already burned my bison merch. My wife walked into the kitchen the other day after Klieman's press conference and she was wearing a Bison T shirt... a BISON T SHIRT! Needless to say I called an attorney, and have filed for divorce. I cant be married to someone who can listen to pussy Chris Klieman and acknowledge the possibility of a Bison loss, and still have the audacity to WEAR A BISON T SHIRT!
    Then, if you can believe it, I walked into my son's room to wake him up from a nap, and he was snuggling with a Thundar Pillow Pet! Whoopin' time. No son of mine is going to be an accessory to Chris Klieman's defeatism attitude. I'm surrounded by pathetic, sniveling, politically-correct BITCHES who gleeful welcome the Bison's demise.... Disgraceful. #MakeNDSUGreatAgain

NOT PURPLE!
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Lot's of dumb shit on BV especially after a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Gene Taylor told Klieman one of the hardest parts of the Head Coaching job when he took it was managing expectations, including fan expectations. This thread is a good example why.

Week to week are the players and coaches playiers preparing to lose or are ambivalent to the outcome? I'm guessing that's a hard no. After a loss does happen is it important to put in perspective the situation and where the team stands in reaching their season goals? I'd say that's a smart thing to do.

Week to week I'm sure they are preparing to win and have the mindset that they can and should win every game they play. The team and us fans need to be reminded losses will happen however and it's not the end of the world when they do. Conference and National Championships are still obtainable. That's why you can look back at the success of prior years and notice the overall success occurred even with one or two losses still happening each season.

The truth is you can't win em all. Preparing for that reality and being reminded of it after a loss doesn't prohibit the mindset of competing for National Championships each year or expecting to win each week.

I and every other realistic fan knows this.

But you should not have the mindset that you will get beat and expect to lose a game. You shouldn’t go into a season and say you are going to lose a game.

You hit the nail on the head CAS. 2015 preseason, Klieman was telling media, before the season, “guys we are going to get beat a few games this year”.

WTF?

Why, ever, would a coach say we are going to get beat? Why? You know what breeds success? Teams who have swagger that walk into games not giving who the Fuck you are, what players you have, we are going up beat you.

Klieman has had some very successful and talented teams....but the swagger of the Bohl teams is not here.
    He never said "we're going to lose a few games" before the season started and if he did, you are taking it completely out of context.

But assuming he did say that... we won the National F'ing Championship.... so your point is?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Klieman has an issue with it. I personally hate it when he says “we are going to lose some games”. He gets more fired up about tempering fan expectations versus discussing areas that the team needs to get better in. The fact that after the SDSU game he referenced winning 100 games since 2010 as being justification for a loss is worrying. In the next sentence he says “we need to move on”.

A coach , IMO, should never have an expectation they will get beat. Period. We all realize that is unrealistic, but Klieman needs to quit talking about how they will get beat.
    yea Klieman is getting on my nerves. Bohl's recruits are gone, this is your show, start acting like a god dam winner!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Cool Re: Easton Stick

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Fire Klieman, save season. Guys for real though, we have a total chump for a coach and our QB sucks. Burn your season tickets- the coach said its POSSIBLE that his team could lose a game or two a season! I've already burned my bison merch. My wife walked into the kitchen the other day after Klieman's press conference and she was wearing a Bison T shirt... a BISON T SHIRT! Needless to say I called an attorney, and have filed for divorce. I cant be married to someone who can listen to pussy Chris Klieman and acknowledge the possibility of a Bison loss, and still have the audacity to WEAR A BISON T SHIRT!
    Then, if you can believe it, I walked into my son's room to wake him up from a nap, and he was snuggling with a Thundar Pillow Pet! Whoopin' time. No son of mine is going to be an accessory to Chris Klieman's defeatism attitude. I'm surrounded by pathetic, sniveling, politically-correct BITCHES who gleeful welcome the Bison's demise.... Disgraceful. #MakeNDSUGreatAgain

NOT PURPLE!
    Now this was hilarious, made my day!

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Agreed, with exception that the D has shown some swagger this season, but not against SDSU. I️ wanted to post after first series that D was playing slow, similar to JMU game, but held of. I️ should have. Usually when that is the case, it means they weren’t prepared for what they were seeing/anticipated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree with a lot of this. I just find it comical that on one day on BV, guys want swagger. Then if a guy actually shows how fired up or passionate they are, they are scolded for not acting like they have been there before. Clearly there is a fine line of a personal foul, excessive celebration and showing your pride for doing your job. We get that. I hope we run it up their ass, and our fans can fukking chill out and stop reading into everything. Last week sucked. No shit. How about we cheer on the team/staff that has given us more than anyone could have ever asked for. I also think a lot of guys on here want to be the "I told you so guy." I couldn't be happier to be very honest. If you told me we would lose the best tailback in FCS football, the best edge rusher in FCS football, our freaky left tackle, every RB on the roster, several LB's, I would be like....we are 8-1 and control our own destiny? SWEET! Sign me up. Goals haven't changed. Either has our idea of what Bison football is. The Valley has never been stronger. Sometimes a win is a win. Hopefully the real fans get this and it isn't just a schtick on the internet.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I agree with a lot of this. I just find it comical that on one day on BV, guys want swagger. Then if a guy actually shows how fired up or passionate they are, they are scolded for not acting like they have been there before. Clearly there is a fine line of a personal foul, excessive celebration and showing your pride for doing your job. We get that. I hope we run it up their ass, and our fans can fukking chill out and stop reading into everything. Last week sucked. No shit. How about we cheer on the team/staff that has given us more than anyone could have ever asked for. I also think a lot of guys on here want to be the "I told you so guy." I couldn't be happier to be very honest. If you told me we would lose the best tailback in FCS football, the best edge rusher in FCS football, our freaky left tackle, every RB on the roster, several LB's, I would be like....we are 8-1 and control our own destiny? SWEET! Sign me up. Goals haven't changed. Either has our idea of what Bison football is. The Valley has never been stronger. Sometimes a win is a win. Hopefully the real fans get this and it isn't just a schtick on the internet.
    Not to mention they probably win despite all this without the 5 TO. Perspective is lacking.....