Page 75 of 455 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Puetz View Post
    Does anyone remember Brock Jensen's performance against Indiana State in the Fargodome when he threw a couple of interceptions, one being a pick-6 and the Bison looked like crap, lost, and won a National Championship? That's just what happened in the Jacks game.
    Or the UNI game in 2014. Not well played either. Wentz threw an interception that lead to a short field and first score of the game. NDSU had about 135 yards passing and scored 3 points. And David Johnson had 138 yards rushing another 37 receiving. And we won the championship that was ear too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    He hasn't personally won any games. The team has. I don't think there is any anti-anything going on. Our QB has thrown 7 picks in the last 3 games. Fans are rightfully concerned. Like I said before, it's not all his fault. It is a symptom of our offensive problems. Conference only stats came out. Through 6 games our offense is ranked 5th in the conference in time of possession. Stick is tied for the lead in Int thrown with 7...
    Exactly what I have been trying to say right here. Our offense has struggled at times, and certainly leading the conference in picks is reason for concern. Time of possession is what we used to kill teams on - long drives and converting 3rd downs. What is our 3rd down conversion rate in the conference games this year? It can't be very good either.

That and as Bison 4 Life stated, it's like we're trying to have a EWU offense throwing home run balls all the time.
    If only Bison Days were still an option after graduation...

42% on 3rd down conversion - which is good enough for 4th on the conference. However that feels like a far cry from past offenses.

So this year currently sitting at 42% and last year at 41.7% are not as good as years past.

3rd down conversion - conference only in previous years

2016 - 41.7
    2015 - 51.8
    2014 - 46.2
    2013 - 48.6

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    The kid has the yips. When Jensen threw the two pick 6s people were yammering about replacing him also. JFC
    Thats kind of funny if you think about it. All good QBs have bad stretches including Bret Favre.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Thats kind of funny if you think about it. All good QBs have bad stretches including Bret Favre.
    Absolutely. He will be just fine with our support!

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDees View Post
    42% on 3rd down conversion - which is good enough for 4th on the conference. However that feels like a far cry from past offenses.
    Yeah that's not the Bison formula for winning. Had Polasek had 3rd down team numbers like that he would have been ran out of town

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

What's your choice other than Stick? You think we can win with Cole or Henry? No way. The kid played a shitty game, OC called a shitty game, QB coach hasn't taught Stick to throw the ball away rather than take a sack for a 20 yard loss, number of starters out for the season, etc. Lots of reasons for losing. You go undefeated in the Valley, and you are a lock to win the National Championship. You lose one or two games in the Valley, and you still have a very good chance at winning the National Championship. Quit bitchin and go to Saturday's game and cheer on No. 12 because he is your only QB option who can get them into the playoffs, back to Frisco, and another ring.

What's your choice other than Stick? You think we can win with Cole or Henry? No way. The kid played a shitty game, OC called a shitty game, QB coach hasn't taught Stick to throw the ball away rather than take a sack for a 20 yard loss, number of starters out for the season, etc. Lots of reasons for losing. You go undefeated in the Valley, and you are a lock to win the National Championship. You lose one or two games in the Valley, and you still have a very good chance at winning the National Championship. Quit bitchin and go to Saturday's game and cheer on No. 12 because he is your only QB option who can get them into the playoffs, back to Frisco, and another ring.
    My thoughts exactly!

I didn't say there was a better choice, nor am I "bitchin". Merely pointing the facts and showing the statistics to back them up. This is still a discussion board as far as I can tell, and this particular thread is dedicated to Easton Stick.

I don't have tickets nor will I be able to make the trip to Fargo, so I'll be getting rowdy in my basement and hopefully watching them blow out the 'yotes.

I still stand by what I've said, that the offense appears to be misfiring with regularity and part of that falls with Stick. Injuries have clearly hurt our run game, and so the coaching seems to be trying to rely on Stick to pass more.