Page 69 of 455 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick

We don't run power very often anymore. All that read option crap isn't getting us anywhere but 3rd and long, hence the low completion percentage. We have lost our identity since Bohl left.

I hate seeing the Bison throw on first down...ever. I don't care if the other team stacks the box on 1st down...run the ball and get some positive yardage. We're the flippin' Bison, a power running team.

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    I hate seeing the Bison throw on first down...ever. I don't care if the other team stacks the box on 1st down...run the ball and get some positive yardage. We're the flippin' Bison, a power running team.

Used to be.

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    His confidence is shot right now. He is hesitating on every throw it's causing bad mechanics and late throws leading to int's. The OC needs to get back to what we do best, run the ball, play action pass, roll Stick out on RPO's. I don't what the hell Mess was thinking today. We were getting good runs early and then he goes completely away from it and we ended up in to many 2nd or 3rd and long situations.
    and the rotation just drives me nuts...you got Brooks...9 yrd run..doesn't see the ball again...12 yrd run..doesn't see the ball again...22yrd run...doesn't see the ball again...Can the guy not run more than 10 yards without needing a break??

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

His accuracy is not good. He has always had problems especially with receivers having to slow down or turn around on long balls because they are Underthrown. His legs will only get his legs will only get us so far.

No MVFC or good team is scared of our pass game. We will struggle in the playoffs over it.

I honestly expected to lose to SDSU over this today. I am usually over positive over NDSU too.
    The fella that watches the CFL

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'll take Easton Stick over any other FCS QB hands down. Yes, he needs to improve but what QB doesn't. Let's wait and see where the Bison are at the end of this year and the end of next year.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Well, these are not good. 4 games is a trend. 52% completion percentage? That will get us through 1st & 2nd round shit playoff teams, maybe a QF, but it needs to be better for a semifinal team. We have not given any reason for our remaining opponents (regular season and playoffs) to respect the pass.
    As a redshirt freshman, Easton Stick QB'd this team to the National Championship game and through the playoffs and he's way better now than he was then. The difference is we actually ran the football them

I wouldn't put Youngstown in a "trends" category. Easton won that game with his legs and was the best player on the field. Anyone remember the game Brock Jensen threw like 2 or 3 Pick Sixes and kind of sucked for a few games?

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    We don't run power very often anymore. All that read option crap isn't getting us anywhere but 3rd and long, hence the low completion percentage. We have lost our identity since Bohl left.
    We ran power today... but it was QB power out of shotgun which seem to be the only thing we run anymore. I think Klieman has done a great job of keeping the core of things that Bohl ran with the program and added his own flavor to it. The Bison Defense was ALL Klieman during the Championship run. Although I really don't like the direction the offense is going. I realize we must improve our passing game but it feels like it's at the cost of the running game. As much as we ragged on Polasek, his stubbornness to run the football is exactly what this team needs right now. Play to our strengths which is not downfield passing. Stick to the short passes and run the football under center play action. Then change it up by running out of shotgun. I remember hearing an interview with Messingham and he said something like "You'll see less play action under center." I remember thinking, you gotta be shitting me but never posted anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    I'll take Easton Stick over any other FCS QB hands down. Yes, he needs to improve but what QB doesn't. Let's wait and see where the Bison are at the end of this year and the end of next year.
    He's a good QB. He's just having a rough stretch and not all of it is on him.
    Last edited by HerdBot; 11-05-2017 at 05:28 AM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Time to see what Stick is made of rest of this season. Team needs him to step up and lead. I still have confidence in him. Still a winner and a Bison. I remember when Kyle Emanuel joined the team for their prep and road game on his bye week his first year in NFL and team responded. I can see Carson doing the same thing for Easton during his upcoming bye week and Stick and the team responding.

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post

I'd take a lot....I mean a lot over him.

Out people that bring up his record as a QB as their reason why are the same people that say the Bison win as a team which makes zero sense as an argument
    The fella that watches the CFL

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by devin45k View Post
    I'd take a lot....I mean a lot over him.

Out people that bring up his record as a QB as their reason why are the same people that say the Bison win as a team which makes zero sense as an argument
    Yep, the best QB we will see this year will be playing in the Fargodome next Saturday and it's not ES.