Page 86 of 455 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Easton Stick

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I agree with a lot of this. I just find it comical that on one day on BV, guys want swagger. Then if a guy actually shows how fired up or passionate they are, they are scolded for not acting like they have been there before. Clearly there is a fine line of a personal foul, excessive celebration and showing your pride for doing your job. We get that. I hope we run it up their ass, and our fans can fukking chill out and stop reading into everything. Last week sucked. No shit. How about we cheer on the team/staff that has given us more than anyone could have ever asked for. I also think a lot of guys on here want to be the "I told you so guy." I couldn't be happier to be very honest. If you told me we would lose the best tailback in FCS football, the best edge rusher in FCS football, our freaky left tackle, every RB on the roster, several LB's, I would be like....we are 8-1 and control our own destiny? SWEET! Sign me up. Goals haven't changed. Either has our idea of what Bison football is. The Valley has never been stronger. Sometimes a win is a win. Hopefully the real fans get this and it isn't just a schtick on the internet.
    Have to agree with this!
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Not to mention they probably win despite all this without the 5 TO. Perspective is lacking.....
    Yep. To have a chance to win with a negative 3 turnover ratio, well 4 if you count the empty net pick, we are pretty good

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    He never said "we're going to lose a few games" before the season started and if he did, you are taking it completely out of context.

But assuming he did say that... we won the National F'ing Championship.... so your point is?
    Maybe his point is, that you don't admit that losing a game is ok and that things are going to be just great, even if they are. The coach of any team would be better off just stating that things went wrong and that they have a lot to work on. Why don't you make it seem like one loss is ok, or even two, very simple, because people become complacent and it starts to settle into the minds of players that if one or two are ok then maybe two or three are ok once in a while, and then it snowballs to more over time. Sure, everyone knows a loss (or two) is going to happen no one denies that. And no one is being a team basher either and they are not jumping off the Bison bandwagon. Championship football programs stay champions because they always look for the weakest part of any team and always look to improve it year to year, game by game, and play by play. These fan forums are created so that fans can vent their opinions and ideas. So if fans point out areas that the team is not up to championship level in then so be it. NDSU has had fantastic success, should it just be accepted as an oh well moment if the football team has a nice year but does not win a championship but still goes with only 2-3 losses? As a former college player and now NDSU fan I just want to see the kids try there best and have fun while learning life lessons from their time at NDSU and on the team. But I also don't see a problem with constructive criticism about issues that the team has or how they can do things different. If you were a business owner would you be just as happy if you lost a large account due to employee's not doing their job well. Or if your branch manager had lack of skills in some areas would you not work on them with him to improve? Or would you not listen to your staff(or even entry level employees) if they had ideas of what was wrong and what you needed to work on to improve your company? The company I work for has a suggestion box and we don't have people jumping ship.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This is a slight side track but....I was talking with one of my friends about this....... Wonder what everyone thought on Bisonville

Was Easton Stick the biggest prospect NDSU ever got?

I am talking about purely during high school recruiting battle was Stick the a biggest prospect NDSU has ever gotten. I know Carson Wentz was amazing but he didn't have offers that Stick did coming out of high school (Rutgers, Akron. Miami ) plus every power house in FCS. Is there anyone bigger?

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post
    This is a slight side track but....I was talking with one of my friends about this....... Wonder what everyone thought on Bisonville

I am talking about purely during high school recruiting battle was Stick the a biggest prospect NDSU has ever gotten. I know Carson Wentz was amazing but he didn't have offers that Stick did coming out of high school (Rutgers, Akron. Miami ) plus every power house in FCS. Is there anyone bigger?
    How is it relevant once they get in the program?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post

I remember signing him was huge, but not because of his potential, but because of the coaching change.

Just about every year, we a “huge” get and many times due circumstances out of their control, the “huge” get never gets a chance to suit up in a Bison uniform.

Fortunately, Stick wasn’t one of those. I would put his signing up with guys like Emanuel, DeLuca and now Cox in that we heard they were good coming out of high school and lived up to their potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Fire Klieman, save season. Guys for real though, we have a total chump for a coach and our QB sucks. Burn your season tickets- the coach said its POSSIBLE that his team could lose a game or two a season! I've already burned my bison merch. My wife walked into the kitchen the other day after Klieman's press conference and she was wearing a Bison T shirt... a BISON T SHIRT! Needless to say I called an attorney, and have filed for divorce. I cant be married to someone who can listen to pussy Chris Klieman and acknowledge the possibility of a Bison loss, and still have the audacity to WEAR A BISON T SHIRT!
    Then, if you can believe it, I walked into my son's room to wake him up from a nap, and he was snuggling with a Thundar Pillow Pet! Whoopin' time. No son of mine is going to be an accessory to Chris Klieman's defeatism attitude. I'm surrounded by pathetic, sniveling, politically-correct BITCHES who gleeful welcome the Bison's demise.... Disgraceful. #MakeNDSUGreatAgain
    Late this afternoon, there will be quit a few more believing you.
    Looking forward to Summit & MVFC[SIGPIC]

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by barnwintersportsengelstad View Post
    Your Christmas came last weekend clown shoes.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by barnwintersportsengelstad View Post
    3 first downs.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.