Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Practice 2017

Default Re: Practice 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    he is entering into his Junior season. Kid is the unquestioned leader of the offense. Everyone leads differently. It feels like he has been around forever. He has improved. Will continue to improve. Great work ethic, with great leaders above him. Plus, he added some weapons.
    Yes. Easton is not ho-hum, he is a competitor. Remember, Brock was not voted a captain.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    It may just be me not seeing it, but I never see him firing up the O.
    I miss the fire Brock had.
    Perhaps that's because you're not in the huddle like the rest of us. Bruce Anderson spoke well about Easton's leadership today on The Insiders: https://soundcloud.com/user-74421198...derson-8-16-17
    Hail the BISON!!!

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Perhaps that's because you're not in the huddle like the rest of us. Bruce Anderson spoke well about Easton's leadership today on The Insiders: https://soundcloud.com/user-74421198...derson-8-16-17
    Whats he supposed to say?
    I sure didn't see much fire when JSU beat NDSU.

Not all players so emotion while playing regards if they are winning or losing. Stick is our guy and I am glad he is one of our leaders and is our quarterback. 20-2 boy that sucks.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Now you're cherrypicking and perhaps looking to blame one individual for the JMU lost. If that's the case, then I suggest you bring up that game up with the guy who left for Iowa of why he didn't go for the jugular when the opportunity presented itself by playing it "safe" with very conservative play-calling. As much as I like Tim Polasek, I felt he outsmarted himself by not sticking with the change of direction of plays JMU had no answers for due to them overselling on the power-run scheme.

In regards to the podcast, Bruce, Easton's teammate by the way, called him "the general." That's not a statement that should be disregarded as fluff talk. Easton's playmaking ability and leadership is one of the main reason's why NDSU has won so many games with him in control of the offense, especially the game against the Hawkeyes.

As for comparing Stick to Jensen, please don't forget Brock had his bad moments too.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Now you're cherrypicking and perhaps looking to blame one individual for the JMU lost. If that's the case, then I suggest you bring up that game up with the guy who left for Iowa of why he didn't go for the jugular when the opportunity presented itself by playing it "safe" with very conservative play-calling. As much as I like Tim Polasek, I felt he outsmarted himself by not sticking with the change of direction of plays JMU had no answers for due to them overselling on the power-run scheme.

In regards to the podcast, Bruce, Easton's teammate by the way, called him "the general." That's not a statement that should be disregarded as fluff talk. Easton's playmaking ability and leadership is one of the main reason's why NDSU has won so many games with him in control of the offense, especially the game against the Hawkeyes.

As for comparing Stick to Jensen, please don't forget Brock had his bad moments too.
    Perfect response.
    Jesus, we have to be the most spoiled fans in the history of football...

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I never want to see that deer in the headlights look that the general had before halftime of the sdsu playoff game ever again. Hopefully they cover clock display location and clock management in fall camp this year.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Not all players so emotion while playing regards if they are winning or losing. Stick is our guy and I am glad he is one of our leaders and is our quarterback. 20-2 boy that sucks.
    Being even keeled is a great trait for a QB. Don't get too high or too low and stay cool, calm, collected, and in control. Too much emotion for a QB can be a bad thing. Look at Wentz, you can never tell by his demeanor if it's the 1st drive or last drive. Easton is similar and even a bit more laid back. The good leaders know when the team needs some fire. It's not effective to be fiery the whole game or it loses its impact

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Being even keeled is a great trait for a QB. Don't get too high or too low and stay cool, calm, collected, and in control. Too much emotion for a QB can be a bad thing. Look at Wentz, you can never tell by his demeanor if it's the 1st drive or last drive. Easton is similar and even a bit more laid back. The good leaders know when the team needs some fire. It's not effective to be fiery the whole game or it loses its impact
    Speak softly... Carry a Big Stick.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I also thought Jensen also played liked this until a TD. A perfect example would be the drive against KSU.

To me, he had the Joe Montana-demeanor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!