View Poll Results: Would you support NDSU (and SDSU) moving to the MVC?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

82 82.00%
  • No

18 18.00%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Would you support NDSU moving to the MVC? (Poll)

Default Re: Would you support NDSU moving to the MVC? (Poll)

Quote Originally Posted by mvfcfan View Post
    The people on MVCfans are so ignorant. They'd all rather see their team in the NCAA tournament than win a FCS National Title. Like what a freaking joke! I'm an Indiana State fan and I'd be much more proud of a national title in football than a run (that would probably never happen) in the NCAA tournament. So count me as "in" for the MVFC all-sports conference idea. Got to get away from the weak "not wanting to compete in anything" mindset the private schools in the MVC have.

I prefer putting money into football more so than basketball because for one, our league gets 4 bids regularly now. And secondly the MVC is a one bid league now. Investing a ton of money into a one bid league is stupid. Competing in a sport not controlled by the big schools is more fun in my opinion. When the ACC is getting 9 teams in the NCAA tournament then there's no reason to invest a ton of money into a sport like that. As an ISU fan I'd much rather be associated with North Dakota State, SDSU, USD, etc; than Bradley, Evansville, Loyola, etc.

Thoughts?

I would agree with you 100%.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

I'd trade an FCS title for a tourney appearance. I'd trade 2 for a win in the tourney. I'd trade all 5 for a Sweet 16 appearance.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I'd trade an FCS title for a tourney appearance. I'd trade 2 for a win in the tourney. I'd trade all 5 for a Sweet 16 appearance.
    No way, I'll take both
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    We did the first two without giving anything up. Oh I forgot you are thinking like a UND fan.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

No way I'd trade a title (or 2) for a win in the basketball tournament. That's just crazy to even think like that.

Quote Originally Posted by mvfcfan View Post
    No way I'd trade a title (or 2) for a win in the basketball tournament. That's just crazy to even think like that.
    Not everyone does, it's proven both can be done
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Why does it have to be football vs basketball, why not have a well rounded athletic dept and be good at a number of sports. Both NDSU and SDSU have had post season success in football (bison obviously way more success than the jacks), both have made the NCAA MBB tournament and placed women's teams in national tournaments on a regular basis, and have won games in the NCAA's. Whenever I read MVC Fans i don't understand the men's basketball vs all other sports mentality. I also don't understand why they constantly belittle FCS football, college football is a fall weekend event not unlike golfing in the spring or camping at the lake in the summer, football and tailgating is the thing to do in the fall on the weekends. Years ago I heard a saying as goes your football team so goes your athletic department, your football team sets the tone for your athletic dept. the rest of the year. At SDSU there is a reason most of are football games are named, football Saturdays are an extension of our alumni association and community and statewide outreach.

NDSU's win as a #12 vs Oklahoma was bigger than all 5 national titles.

hell, NDSU was on every tv station's highlights, every espn hour spot, every fox sports and top of the hour radio news for a full 24 hours after that win. much bigger than a fcs title. sorry.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yes, the MVC is still a great option, still way ahead of the Summit.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    NDSU's win as a #12 vs Oklahoma was bigger than all 5 national titles.

hell, NDSU was on every tv station's highlights, every espn hour spot, every fox sports and top of the hour radio news for a full 24 hours after that win. much bigger than a fcs title. sorry.
    Does anyone other than local peeps and Summit team fans even remember this any more?

Do our football NCs get us way more national recognition?

I’ll hang up and listen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.