View Poll Results: Would you support NDSU (and SDSU) moving to the MVC?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

82 82.00%
  • No

18 18.00%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you support NDSU moving to the MVC? (Poll)

Default Re: Would you support NDSU moving to the MVC? (Poll)

I don't think the Dakota schools or Western Illinois would block a Murray State addition. If you guys did you could pretty much say goodbye to MVFC football. The public MVC schools have been pretty generous to you guys by letting USD and UND in, but do you really think we're going to let you spit in our faces and run our league? We would have 6 teams in the MVC if we added Murray State that have football and we would still have YSU. That was where we were at when NDSU and SDSU were invited back in 08. I doubt that Western Illinois would leave either since they have been in the MVFC since it was founded back in 85. That gives us at least 7 or 8 in our conference compared to your 4 or 5 max. You need 6 for an auto bid. Are you really willing to risk MVFC football over the MVC potentially taking Oral Roberts? That sounds pretty foolish to me. I don't think you guys would have much of a choice. You would pretty much have to let Murray State in or else there would end up being problems.

Quote Originally Posted by mvfcfan View Post
    I don't think the Dakota schools or Western Illinois would block a Murray State addition. If you guys did you could pretty much say goodbye to MVFC football. The public MVC schools have been pretty generous to you guys by letting USD and UND in, but do you really think we're going to let you spit in our faces and run our league? We would have 6 teams in the MVC if we added Murray State that have football and we would still have YSU. That was where we were at when NDSU and SDSU were invited back in 08. I doubt that Western Illinois would leave either since they have been in the MVFC since it was founded back in 85. That gives us at least 7 or 8 in our conference compared to your 4 or 5 max. You need 6 for an auto bid. Are you really willing to risk MVFC football over the MVC potentially taking Oral Roberts? That sounds pretty foolish to me. I don't think you guys would have much of a choice. You would pretty much have to let Murray State in or else there would end up being problems.
    There would be bigger problems if the Summit folded, and by generous what exactly do you mean? MVFC needs the Dakota's just as much, and I still guarantee They will NOT allow the MVC to raid a School from the Summit AND allow another FB school in the MVFC especially one that Sucks which will make the conference go to Divisions and the Eastern Division will be loaded with cupcakes and the West a bloodbath...makes no sense
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

What TJBison said, and I'll add that adding USD to the conference a few years back was a defensive move by the MVFC. USD had an offer to the Big Sky along with UND. If both those schools went to the BSC it would only be a matter of time (I mean, look at how the Summit is still teetering from defections even WITH USD and now UND in the conference) before NDSU and SDSU would have followed because of the instability of the Summit.

So don't act like the MVC schools went and did us all some favors, it was just as much an act of self-preservation on their part as it was done to help our schools out. And there you have one of the main issues in this conference, the attitude from the MVC schools towards the Summit schools, that you are all doing us a favor by allowing us into YOUR conference.

It's actually kind of funny, the attitude towards the Dakotas, because we sit here and try to figure out why the public/football playing MVC schools allow the private schools in the MVC to treat them like b*tches and dictate that private/non-football schools be added to the conference. The public/football MVC schools are the ones carrying the basketball side of the MVC much like the Dakotas are at the top of the MVFC (and in the case of USD and UND does anyone doubt that we'll be in the upper half of the conference before long too). I don't understand why you guys haven't dumped those privates already and joined with the Summit public schools who share a similar vision for their athletic departments and school profile.

Quote Originally Posted by mvfcfan View Post

Spit in your faces? NDSU has SUBSIDIZED the MVFC. Period, End of story, NDSU has brought more revenue, exposure in last 6-7 years than it got in last 50 years. Other schools make money off us, including your precious MVC/

Screw the MVC time for something bigger!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I think all of the MVFC schools in one conference for all sports would honestly be the best move too and I have been in support of that for a long time now. The private schools in the MVC do nothing for the league. Their mindset has held the conference back so much. Unfortunately they will be the ones that demand that a private school be added for Murray State to join and ORU is the only private that meets MVC standards.

The chances of a MVFC all sports conference is pretty slim, but we'd all be better off in the long run if we did that, because we would all have common goals and ideas. The MVC doesn't have a common goal or idea as of right now.

It should be noted that there are a lot of fans of the public/MVC schools that support dropping football (or going non scholarship) in favor of spending more on basketball. I hear it all the time by Indiana State fans.

So back to reality. It looks like IPFW and Robert Morris are the top two contenders to join the Horizon League. That brings the Summit League down to 8. If you could get UMKC (which is a very good possibility) that would bring you back to 9. We've had good conversation on here though. I'm kind of curious if the real reason we didn't invite Murray State along with Valparaiso was because we (and the Dakotas) were concerned that Western Illinois might get an invite to the OVC for all sports.

I think the MVFC all sports conference is the best and most stable route, but with all the talks among MVC schools of trying to cut travel costs I just don't see it happening.

Honestly, I just don't see a negative in adding two to four STATE schools. It's not like we are directional schools, there has to be some forward thinking about the growth potentials of our state universities.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Honestly, I just don't see a negative in adding two to four STATE schools. It's not like we are directional schools, there has to be some forward thinking about the growth potentials of our state universities.
    The MVC schools, mostly the privates, don't want to compete against STATE schools. That's the bottom line. The MVC is not a conference I want any part of because of that very issue. Why do you think Wichita State got the hell out? Why do you think UNI and ISUr would bolt in a heartbeat?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    The MVC schools, mostly the privates, don't want to compete against STATE schools. That's the bottom line. The MVC is not a conference I want any part of because of that very issue. Why do you think Wichita State got the hell out? Why do you think UNI and ISUr would bolt in a heartbeat?
    If this is true, the Summit needs to seriously start pitching those schools. If they haven't already of course.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    If this is true, the Summit needs to seriously start pitching those schools. If they haven't already of course.
    They won't come to the Summit. They have these delusions of grander that they are so much better. Kind of like a lot of these people who want into the MVC. They still see it as the conference it was 10 years ago.

It could potentially make NDSU look bad by leaving right as UND joins the summit imo.