View Poll Results: Would you support NDSU (and SDSU) moving to the MVC?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

82 82.00%
  • No

18 18.00%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you support NDSU moving to the MVC? (Poll)

Default Re: Would you support NDSU moving to the MVC? (Poll)

Quote Originally Posted by mvfcfan View Post
    I know that this poll hasn't been up for an hour yet, but the NDSU and SDSU polls are totally opposite right now.

On here it is 12-0 Yes and on SDSUfans.com it is 7-2 No. I find that kind of odd. SDSU must really like having that tournament in Sioux Falls is the only thing I can think of.
    I don't find it odd at all. You are talking about their precious meanwhile NDSU fans don't give a single damn about Sioux Falls.

I also find MVCfans very strange....Our RPI would be near the top of the MVC the past 5 or so years and we also won an NCAA tournament game, yet all they can do is babble about football whenever NDSU is brought up.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

MVC is more stable and most teams would prefer it over the Summit. The Summit may not exist 10-15 years from now.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    MVC is more stable and most teams would prefer it over the Summit. The Summit may not exist 10-15 years from now.
    And for that reason, along with some great competition and build in rivalries.. This is a no brainer

Actually I don't think it would be a bad idea to add all 4 Dakota schools. That's 4 crazy awesome rivalries built in in a Great overall conference

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    And for that reason, along with some great competition and build in rivalries.. This is a no brainer

Actually I don't think it would be a bad idea to add all 4 Dakota schools. That's 4 crazy awesome rivalries built in in a Great overall conference
    I would have to agree, even if it includes those crazy f'hawkers up North.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Just NDSU and SDSU I'd be a bit reserved about that. Not really against it but that would cause a lot off turmoil somewhat again with the supposed in state rivals of both schools. Probably get red chiclets for this but think the 4 XDSU/UXD's are stuck together a bit now, but what do I know. We did it before so I guess it could happen again.

Lastly just don't think MVC privates will ever let in XDSU's as we haven't even been an after thought whenever they've added teams.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Just NDSU and SDSU I'd be a bit reserved about that. Not really against it but that would cause a lot off turmoil somewhat again with the supposed in state rivals of both schools. Probably get red chiclets for this but think the 4 XDSU/UXD's are stuck together a bit now, but what do I know. We did it before so I guess it could happen again.

Lastly just don't think MVC privates will ever let in XDSU's as we haven't even been an after thought whenever they've added teams.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.
    First preference is MAC with UNI and ISUr. Second option is MVC with SDSU with option 2b being going to the MVC without SDSU if they can't seem to let go of their "precious." (Sioux Falls tournament)

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post

I agree with this. Personally I think it's probably going to be Murray State and Oral Roberts. That keeps the public/private split even at 6-6 and it gives Missouri State a travel partner. They're also more travel friendly (aka bus league). But what do I know?

Does ORU have a buy out for the Summit after leaving and then coming back and if they do until when is it able to be exercised?

Quote Originally Posted by mvfcfan View Post
    I agree with this. Personally I think it's probably going to be Murray State and Oral Roberts. That keeps the public/private split even at 6-6 and it gives Missouri State a travel partner. They're also more travel friendly (aka bus league). But what do I know?
    no way the Summit teams allow the MVC to add another FB school AND steal a team from the Summit..No way
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    no way the Summit teams allow the MVC to add another FB school AND steal a team from the Summit..No way
    This needs to be repeated. Summit schools will have a say in all of this...unless Murray State wants to go non-scholly like Drake. Morehead State is in the Pioneer for football...and is the only public........
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.