View Poll Results: Would you support NDSU (and SDSU) moving to the MVC?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

82 82.00%
  • No

18 18.00%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you support NDSU moving to the MVC? (Poll)

Question Would you support NDSU moving to the MVC? (Poll)

First and foremost I'll introduce myself. I am a fan of the Indiana State Sycamores and of the MVC.

There's been talk of the MVC going to 12 and I think that NDSU and SDSU would both be great adds to the MVC. You guys are already in the conference (MVFC) for football and have been since 2008. And if you are added you have to be added with South Dakota State, so that you have a travel partner no questions asked. No one from the MVC is going to go play basketball at Fargo in conference play without being able to play another team in the area. NDSU and SDSU are without question the best two schools from the Dakotas. UND and USD might be good adds in the future if they can prove that they can consistently be good.

I really don't think I need to go into too much detail on why I think you guys would be great adds. My biggest question is would the fanbase at NDSU support a move to the MVC. Now that all 4 Dakota schools are in the same conference and that your tournament is in Sioux Falls would you support such a move?

As a side note I would ignore most of the people on the MVCfans board. Most of them are just in favor of adding private or non-football public schools. Most people I have talked to in person about the MVC around where I live think that the XDSU schools are the best options for the MVC. And a lot of these people are primarily fans of the Big Ten, Big 12, ACC, etc. NDSU and SDSU make the most sense to me because we then have 7 members that play all sports (football, basketball, and baseball).

I've started similar threads on the Northern Kentucky and Oral Roberts boards. I am going to start this thread on the SDSU board as well.

My official position on this is that I want NDSU and SDSU; or Murray State and Oral Roberts. I don't particularly have a preference, just as long as it is one or the other.

Default Re: Would you support NDSU moving to the MVC? (Poll)

This is a no brainer.

I know that this poll hasn't been up for an hour yet, but the NDSU and SDSU polls are totally opposite right now.

On here it is 12-0 Yes and on SDSUfans.com it is 7-2 No. I find that kind of odd. SDSU must really like having that tournament in Sioux Falls is the only thing I can think of.

That's a no brainer. Some people have this perception we are on some impossible to get to island and a small TV market which is wrong.

Ndsu is on 2 major interstate highways, has an airport a few miles from campus, is one of the fastest growing medium sized cities in the country, and has the 116th largest TV market and growing which is inbetween Youngstown and Eugene Oregon and 2 spots ahead of Peoria Bloomington

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

The MVC just isn't what it was without WSU and I'd rather not deal with the privates over there.

I'd prefer the MVFC schools in one conference.

NDSU subsidizies the Missouri Valley already via the Football conference, the MVC should be made aware of this by our NDSU ADMIN.... but our admin is too chickenbleep.

the MVC owes NDSU... and it was a slap in the face to everyone here in BisoNation that NDSU wasnt considered for expansion last year.

FBS & Mountain West/MAC is more important for NDSU now.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    The MVC just isn't what it was without WSU and I'd rather not deal with the privates over there.

I'd prefer the MVFC schools in one conference.
    I agree with you 100% on this one. The private schools and their fanbases have no outlook for getting better. They think that if the 5 publics all dropped football and diverted the money to basketball that somehow basketball would get better. Well the privates already do that and none of them are any good.

The local newspaper in Terre Haute had an article talking about the competitive imbalance of the league. The publics had been dominating the league in all sports.

The fanbases of the privates and even some of the publics can get quite annoying. Apparently the only teams we are allowed to look at are privates or non-football playing publics. Murray State is apparently okay though because they know their place and they know that basketball is more important. I guess these privates' fans think getting to the Sweet 16 every 3-4 years is more important than winning national titles in football. I really don't understand their logic to be honest.

The funny thing is that the only two schools that have made the NCAA tournament in the last 10 years from the MVC (not including Wichita State and Creighton; or Valpo) are Indiana State and Northern Iowa, who are both publics.

Especially if it included SDSU

No way. Nor would I motorboat Kate Upton's boobies if given the chance.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by mvfcfan View Post
    I know that this poll hasn't been up for an hour yet, but the NDSU and SDSU polls are totally opposite right now.

On here it is 12-0 Yes and on SDSUfans.com it is 7-2 No. I find that kind of odd. SDSU must really like having that tournament in Sioux Falls is the only thing I can think of.
    And NDSU really doesn't like the prospect of being in the same conference as UND next year.