View Poll Results: Would you support NDSU (and SDSU) moving to the MVC?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

82 82.00%
  • No

18 18.00%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Would you support NDSU moving to the MVC? (Poll)

Default Re: Would you support NDSU moving to the MVC? (Poll)

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Does anyone other than local peeps and Summit team fans even remember this any more?

Do our football NCs get us way more national recognition?

I’ll hang up and listen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nope, an NCAA tournament win will always generate more then a FCS NC. Beating Iowa or KSU was bigger than an FCS NC for publicity.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Nope, an NCAA tournament win will always generate more then a FCS NC. Beating Iowa or KSU was bigger than an FCS NC for publicity.
    Disagree. We are a mainstay in sports recognition because of our football dynasty.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Disagree. We are a mainstay in sports recognition because of our football dynasty.

All of it combined, yes but nobody has a clue who beat for any title outside of NDSU people and MVFC/FCS fans. More people probably know us for Gameday, beating FBS teams and of course Carson Wentz playing here.
    Last edited by NDSUstudent; 03-19-2018 at 11:42 PM.

You are right. I live in South Carolina and travel over the South and don't know many people come up to me when I Bison gear and make a comment about NDSU.

With how our basketball teams are showing they would probably take USD and SDSU before us. Basketball is king in the MVC.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    With how our basketball teams are showing they would probably take USD and SDSU before us. Basketball is king in the MVC.
    And our only hope would be that SDSU says, "NDSU hung with us during the transition, so..."
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Not even close. I'll give you Iowa or KSU, but not just some random NCAA tourney win.

So we won one fricken game in the Dance, big deal.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    Not even close. I'll give you Iowa or KSU, but not just some random NCAA tourney win.

I believe they proved student right with impact of interest in ndsu after the ncaa win, enrollment applications went up as did sales of merchandise moreso than any fcs championship

But i may be mistaken

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post

An FCS title isn't exactly an exposure bomb. I'm not saying winning an NCAA tournament game is a bigger accomplishment(winning a national title clearly is) but one involves the biggest sporting event in the country and the other involves a second tier football tournament that practically nobody cares about.

FCS football is what it is.

IndyBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Winning an NCAA basketball game definitely generates more interest than an FCS championship. Winning 6 of 7 FCS championships and 6 straight FBS games will generate more interest than one NCAA basketball win. Also having the #2 pick in the draft and a successful start to his career helps. The longer he plays the less that will matter. Do most people remember where Phil Simms played? Joe Flacco? Jerry Rice? Eventually that will be less of a story. Everyone knows as Mt. Union and UW Whitewater because of long term domination, but who won the championship two years ago (hint: they lost to Mt. Union this year)? What NDSU football has done the past 7 years is incredible and can't really be compared to anything in recent history.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk