View Poll Results: Would you support NDSU (and SDSU) moving to the MVC?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

82 82.00%
  • No

18 18.00%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you support NDSU moving to the MVC? (Poll)

Default Re: Would you support NDSU moving to the MVC? (Poll)

Quote Originally Posted by TheDynastyContinues View Post
    It could potentially make NDSU look bad by leaving right as UND joins the summit imo.
    So? Who cares. MVC is lit.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by TheDynastyContinues View Post
    It could potentially make NDSU look bad by leaving right as UND joins the summit imo.
    Looks Bad?

I think you mean Bad Ass!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    They won't come to the Summit. They have these delusions of grander that they are so much better. Kind of like a lot of these people who want into the MVC. They still see it as the conference it was 10 years ago.
    Or as a stable conference, but you know.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

If and when the WAC folds I could see the Summit League having the following teams within the next 5 years:

UND
    NDSU
    USD
    SDSU
    UNO
    UMKC (current WAC member)
    Denver
    Utah Valley (current WAC member)
    WIU (assuming they don't get an invite from the OVC or Horizon League)
    ORU (assuming they don't get an invite from the MVC)

I just don't see the WAC lasting. I think NMST will go to the MWC pretty soon. Grand Canyon will probably end up in the WCC if their basketball team ends up as good as most people think it will. The California schools will probably go Big West along with Seattle. The Southland Conference makes the most sense for UTRGV. Chicago State will probably close up shop too. If these are the 10 schools the Summit League ends up with I think that is a pretty decent league.

But ignoring my WAC prediction. I really hope that you guys along with South Dakota State pick up the invite.

Quote Originally Posted by mvfcfan View Post
    If and when the WAC folds I could see the Summit League having the following teams within the next 5 years:

UND
    NDSU
    USD
    SDSU
    UNO
    UMKC (current WAC member)
    Denver
    Utah Valley (current WAC member)
    WIU (assuming they don't get an invite from the OVC or Horizon League)
    ORU (assuming they don't get an invite from the MVC)

I just don't see the WAC lasting. I think NMST will go to the MWC pretty soon. Grand Canyon will probably end up in the WCC if their basketball team ends up as good as most people think it will. The California schools will probably go Big West along with Seattle. The Southland Conference makes the most sense for UTRGV. Chicago State will probably close up shop too. If these are the 10 schools the Summit League ends up with I think that is a pretty decent league.
    New Mexico will not allow NMST, into the MW if they would it already would have happened

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

I could see a day when NMST falls back to FCS and maybe the Summit could then have NDSU, SDSU, USD, WIU, UND, NMST for FB

Not going to happ en but very possible, as I'm guessing the brass in Las Crucas is watching what Idaho is doing, maybe they join the Big Sky and UNC joiins the Summit still tabs another FB school for the Summit. All scenarios will have the serious FB schools in the MVC keeping tabs the Summit falls apart the MVFC is garbage

I should add though the egos in the MVC will never admit the Summit actually has leverage on them albeit very little but they do, lose 4 State schools because you want garbage privates..lol that won't sit well with other state schools

I say take NDSU, SDSU, USD, UND, UNI, Montana, Montana St, Illinois St, and maybe Idaho or NMST and do their own thing, would be a kick ass gig for FB and would build to be a great all sports conference..again won't happen but...

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    I should add though the egos in the MVC will never admit the Summit actually has leverage on them albeit very little but they do, lose 4 State schools because you want garbage privates..lol that won't sit well with other state schools

I say take NDSU, SDSU, USD, UND, UNI, Montana, Montana St, Illinois St, and maybe Idaho or NMST and do their own thing, would be a kick ass gig for FB and would build to be a great all sports conference..again won't happen but...

UNI and ISUr won't leave the MVC and I doubt the Montana's would leave the Big Sky. However, the conference you propose would easily be the best FCS conference, and a very formidable Mid-Major for basketball.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

None of the MVC publics are going to go to the Summit League, so it's not even worth entertaining the idea.

While it might improve football, it does nothing for basketball. Like it or not the MVC publics are not going to join a conference that is a step down in basketball just for better competition in football.

While the privates have struggled recently they do have potential to be better in basketball.
    1) Bradley for example spends over 3 million dollars a year on basketball and has a large fan base. Once they start having success they could really be the top team in the MVC for a long time. The support and the money is there.
    2) Evansville just recently started playing in a new arena. They spend 2 and a half million on basketball per year and have potential as well.
    3) Loyola was initially a bad addition, but they actually have a really good shot of winning the conference this upcoming season. Them and Missouri State are the early favorites.
    4) Valparaiso just made the NIT championship game in 2016. They have had a lot of success and have racked up a lot of wins in the last several seasons. They were a sold add this last time around.
    5) Drake is probably the worst private school in the MVC, but they are the only original founding member left. In 2008 they had a very good season, so they could do it again if they get the right hire and right recruits.

Lastly the MVC publics and privates have something in common with the other MVC publics and that is location and tradition in basketball. While the MVC is currently down, it's not always going to be down. The only way the publics in the MVC are going to join the XDSUs if the XDSUs get invited to the MVC.

It's my opinion that NDSU and SDSU would be the best two adds to the MVC. Murray State and Oral Roberts are probably the next two best adds, but their locations are better. It's tough to say which direction the MVC goes.