Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: DE - Menard

Default Re: DE - Menard

Wrestling at the USOTC. I was too small to play football growing up. I didn't really hit a serious growth spurt until I got to NDSU. Hence why I was 167 LBS one season and HWT the next.
    Hail the BISON!!!

A) so how did Menard actually get hurt?

B) this is bad news, Tanguay/Deluca out last year lost NDSU the title (and O coordinator playcalling vs JMU)
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

ughhhh...seriously this sucks the more I think about it. Greg is such a good player, and seems like a great person off the field. He was probably my favorite player on defense in the last few years.

When you have opposing fans saying it sucks, you know its bad.

Fucccccckkkkkkk!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    They'll get their shots to prove themselves on 9/9 in Cheney. They'll probably look good enough against a team like MVSU but Menard's value will be missed the most against the fast paced passing offense of EWU. Hopefully the rest of the guys can pick up the slack and not let EWU's QB get comfortable like he did last year.
    That's the game that will really test his replacement and where your defense is at without him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember Hunters Safety-Treat Every Hunter as if He Were Loaded

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    ughhhh...seriously this sucks the more I think about it. Greg is such a good player, and seems like a great person off the field. He was probably my favorite player on defense in the last few years.

When you have opposing fans saying it sucks, you know its bad.

Fucccccckkkkkkk!
    Never forget how he terrorized Brookings two years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Never forget how he terrorized Brookings two years ago.
    I just re-watched the first half of the NDSU v Youngstown State game... very fun game until Tanguay got hurt.

Anyway, Menard was absolutely wrecking them.

Wonder if we consider moving him to LB for next year? It will be his NFL position and with our DE depth, might be the way to get the best guys on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by bison_by_blood View Post
    Wonder if we consider moving him to LB for next year? It will be his NFL position and with our DE depth, might be the way to get the best guys on the field.
    Unless they switch to a 3-4, and for the love of God they better not, that would not be smart. You don't take your best pass rusher and put him in coverage the majority of time. NDSU doesn't blitz the outside backers that much on passing downs. It's tough to play 2 deep when you do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Even though I never saw any pics/video (if they exist, don't share them please), but no, my knee injury wasn't life threatening like it was for Bridgewater. The only fortunate part my injury was that my career was pretty much done at that point anyway and didn't have to face a fork in the "life" road. The worse part was getting my friend to get over being responsible for the injury.
    I've got a strategy that has worked very well. Guys seem to get over the guilt pretty fast if you complain about how the injury hurts every time you see them, multiple times. Only problem is that after the 10000th time you complain about the pain from something that happened decades prior, they start hinting about creating matching injury on the other limb/appendage/side.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I've got a strategy that has worked very well. Guys seem to get over the guilt pretty fast if you complain about how the injury hurts every time you see them, multiple times. Only problem is that after the 10000th time you complain about the pain from something that happened decades prior, they start hinting about creating matching injury on the other limb/appendage/side.
    With some of my friends, I'm not sure they would start "hinting," but rather just do it if I tried to complain that much. I might be a fairly big guy, but a lot of my former training partners were bad-arses when provoked. As the saying goes, "don't poke the lion."
    Hail the BISON!!!