Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Defensive Depth Charts

Default Re: 2017 Defensive Depth Charts

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    He's a great athlete but he's normal size for a LB at 6-1 but overall size ane athleticism.. Cox is 6-3 , 227 and runs like a deer
    Board always looks taller than 6-1 to me and is a phenomenal athlete.

If healthy, I bet they both get lots of playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I think everyone wants that next generation 6-2 corner but I still think a 5-11, 6-0 200 pound corner is the norm even in the NFL. Once you get over 6-2 it's rare to find athletes who are fluid enough to play corner. Even the Vikings only have 2 corners over 6 feet
    The reason you would have a 6'2" corner is because he can not catch the ball otherwise he would be a 6'2" WR.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    We have some little CBs...
    Only 3 out of 10 are under 5'11.

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Only 3 out of 10 are under 5'11.
    Good point. Even better is that the returning starters are both 6'.

I'm picking both Dan Marlette and Jabril Cox to shake up the LB depth chart. Marlette might seriously hurt some people if he can comfortable in a certain role and cut loose.

I like Marqueiss Bridges to be a surprise at CB this year; if, he has improved his tackling and understanding of his role in run defense. I think he has potential to be sticky as glue in coverage.

I hope some of the younger CBs get some game experience as I don't want to see a repeat of opening game Montana or EWU 2016. Depth would be tested if our top CBs get injured.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

has Jackson Hankey been practicing? I know his legion team just finished their season today.

Here is yesterday's depth chart for DE

Entz said juniors Stanley Jones and Caleb Butler would be the defensive end starters if the Bison opener against Mississippi Valley State were this week. It’s not until Sept. 2.

Senior Jarrod Tuszka and sophomore Derrek Tuszka are behind them but a trio of linebackers may also get some work at defensive end in juniors Levi Jordheim and Dan Marlette and freshman Jabril Cox. Entz also said true freshman defensive end Spencer Waege from Watertown, S.D., worked with the No. 1 defense on Monday
    Menard is the d-lines' best pass rusher and has the best quickness. Will be interesting to see how the coaches try to compensate for this loss. When I have watched Caleb Butler, he was being utilized as a read-and-react kind
    of DT during passing downs. Perhaps if the coaches play him as the DE that needs to get upfield, he may be capable of applying more pressure on the opponents QB.

If Spencer Waege has pass-rush quickness, then great, play him as a true
    freshman. He would have the entire season then to get enough pt to make it worthwhile not redshirting.

I dream on someone the size of sophomore Derrek Tuszka - listed at 6' 5" 245 - also having pass rush ability. (Waege is listed at 6' 4" 245)

http://www.inforum.com/sports/430858...on-knee-injury
    Last edited by bruinbison; 08-08-2017 at 03:05 PM.

Remember, this is the first year for the new redshirt rules. We can get up to 3-4 games and not lose a players redshirt year. I say this because Spencer Waege is being floated...
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Remember, this is the first year for the new redshirt rules. We can get up to 3-4 games and not lose a players redshirt year. I say this because Spencer Waege is being floated...
    Are you sure that rule is in effect? I thought it was still being looked into and needed a few more approvals before it was approved, though it seems like there is a lot of support for it.