Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Offensive Depth Charts

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2017 Offensive Depth Charts

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    I think you could stretch that to either side. Arguably NDSU's most successful OL in the NFL (despite it only being a year) has been Haeg and he started at RT before the move to LT. Lechler in camp currently. Cornick was successful. We've had some guards with shots as well but I think injuries took away their chances.
    What is so interesting to me is the Bengals have Lechler working at LT. I never imagined he has enough quickness and lateral movement to play there.
    Last edited by BisonNeil; 08-19-2017 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    I think you could stretch that to either side. Arguably NDSU's most successful OL in the NFL (despite it only being a year) has been Haeg and he started at RT before the move to LT. Lechler in camp currently. Cornick was successful. We've had some guards with shots as well but I think injuries took away their chances.
    It maybe even should be: If you start on the OL for NDSU, you are going to get a look. Whether or not it turns into anything is up in the air, but if you can play on our line you are going to be noticed.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    What is so interesting to me is the Bengals have Lechler working at LT. I never imagined he has enough quickness and lateral movement to play there.
    I was thinking that too.

Then again we had Joe Haeg at LT and Connor was training to play on the left while Lechler spent 4 years on the right. Probably didn't make sense to take Lechler out of his position for only 1 year.

It is much easier to transition from left tackle to left guard than flip sides where the mental memory of stepping right vs left is really really hard. It's totally opposite everything

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I predict zero true freshman play. A couple who could help now but in such small doses. Just loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I predict zero true freshman play. A couple who could help now but in such small doses. Just loaded.
    So you're saying redshirting everyone is better than playing half the freshman class because "they are ready"?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Me too. If there are some injuries I could see a DE play but in a perfect world it's only a handful of games to preserve the redshirt

Redshirting every player 2 years in a row will pay dividends in 2020 and 2021

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Me too. If there are some injuries I could see a DE play but in a perfect world it's only a handful of games to preserve the redshirt

Redshirting every player 2 years in a row will pay dividends in 2020 and 2021
    Provided they stay in the program and do not leave
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Provided they stay in the program and do not leave
    That's fine if they do. If they are too short sighted or too impatient to learn, develop physically, and grow mentally by learning how to do it the right way, they won't make it in our program. Last time I checked we don't recruit many players who stack up physically at 18 years old. It's just flat out rare.

If you look at our 2016 class, we've only lost 2 players. One was gone in the first month of fall camp and another in spring ball due to non football related stuff. And we've retained most of the walk ons.

IMG_6830.jpg Maybe someone can attach the link!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    IMG_6830.jpg Maybe someone can attach the link!
    http://www.inforum.com/sports/431465...se-line-puzzle
    Hail the BISON!!!