Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoff Matchup 2017

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Playoff Matchup 2017

Quote Originally Posted by DM05 View Post
    You said earlier: "I know our coaches have talked about how much easier it was to gameplan for opposing offenses in teh valley."

What other games with the valley would you like to look at that proves your statement? Or are you really saying "UND gameplans well for opposing offense in the valley as long as you don't use the result of those games against the valley as evidence"?
    Oh, I don't know, perhaps when they were at SIU for years. Just a hunch.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    I think Utah will be a good indicator of what we're made of this season. We have no reason to start slow like we did last year. Their fans think they are in for a really good season. Tough to tell though since FBS fans always talk big before a game against FCS competition.
    well, all but one school.

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    Nope, all RB's. I had to add in Nevermann's 1 carry for -2 yards for UND and Purifoy and Brooks (who's apparently a RB now?) combined 12 carries for 37 yards for NDSU so I wasn't picking and choosing.
    So all other designed running plays by skill players don't count simply because of what they are listed as on the roster? A player is only a running back if he is listed as one, regardless of how he is used on a given play. Got it...

Oh, I don't know, perhaps when they were at SIU for years. Just a hunch.
    I got it now....it was easier to gameplan using a completely different team of players than those he has now. Also, SIU was 16-16 in conference in Bubbles last 4 years and never made the playoffs...

I got it now....it was easier to gameplan using a completely different team of players than those he has now. Also, SIU was 16-16 in conference in Bubbles last 4 years and never made the playoffs...
    That's right. I forgot you guys like to not use the entire statistical base and pick and choose portions that support your opinion.

That's right. I forgot you guys like to not use the entire statistical base and pick and choose portions that support your opinion.
    I have no problem saying that SIU made the playoffs in his first two years there, using other guys recruits, but if I include that it makes it sounds like UND hired a coach that played a big part in sending a program that was good when he got there into a death spiral.

He's such a damn good coach that I would bet the head coach at SIU that hired him has certainly moved on to bigger and better things by now.

I have no problem saying that SIU made the playoffs in his first two years there, using other guys recruits, but if I include that it makes it sounds like UND hired a coach that played a big part in sending a program that was good when he got there into a death spiral.

He's such a damn good coach that I would bet the head coach at SIU that hired him has certainly moved on to bigger and better things by now.
    Interesting that he has had the exact opposite effect on the program he currently leads. Interesting indeed. Also interesting that literally the post directly before you omitted relevant stats that favor Bubba you called out another poster for omitting stats that favor NDSU. Funny how that works.

I think Utah will be a good indicator of what we're made of this season. We have no reason to start slow like we did last year. Their fans think they are in for a really good season. Tough to tell though since FBS fans always talk big before a game against FCS competition.
    They're probably viewing you guys much in the same way we're viewing MVSU - outside of a freak injury, there's nothing to worry about.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    They're probably viewing you guys much in the same way we're viewing MVSU - outside of a freak injury, there's nothing to worry about.
    I actually don't view them that way at all.

Interesting that he has had the exact opposite effect on the program he currently leads. Interesting indeed. Also interesting that literally the post directly before you omitted relevant stats that favor Bubba you called out another poster for omitting stats that favor NDSU. Funny how that works.
    You are 100% right, and I apologize. Don't really know how omitting the fact that SIU was good when he got there and was not good when he left favors Bubbles, but I'm sure sorry about it.

In all fairness I need to also disclose that he did go 22-21 in 4 years at Minnesota Duluth, 0-1 in the playoffs. Gotta be fair, you know...