Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoff Matchup 2017

Default Re: Playoff Matchup 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    They are all PUDs... What is why....
    my first thought was maybe they are all CHUDs !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    Are you saying they were all suspended for PIDs?
    Without an official release, a lot can be speculated. From my understanding, USADA doesn't test NCAA athletes, the NCAA does their own testing. If USADA did, they would have released the positive test results of JMU, YSU, SDSU and whatever teams that had athletes getting "popped" during the playoffs.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Not sure where I stand on the issue of releasing information on student athletes who fail drug tests, but I do lean one way. Considering my donations go to pay for scholarships for the athletes on the field, part of me thinks I deserve to know why they failed. I think that should go for any suspension.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    Not sure where I stand on the issue of releasing information on student athletes who fail drug tests, but I do lean one way. Considering my donations go to pay for scholarships for the athletes on the field, part of me thinks I deserve to know why they failed. I think that should go for any suspension.
    Being a part of an organization that works under the USOC umbrella, and therefore the strict rules of USADA, it's strange to see other American sports organizations to not have to deal with the "oh crap" moment when an athlete gets "popped" and the ensuing press and social media frenzy.
    Hail the BISON!!!

So is it that FB players are more apt to use banned drugs?
    And therefore maybe more testing than other sports?
    Looking forward to Summit & MVFC[SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by barnwintersportsengelstad View Post
    So is it that FB players are more apt to use banned drugs?
    And therefore maybe more testing than other sports?
    NCAA athletes, regardless of sport, do not get tested nearly as much as Olympic-caliber USA athletes. I doubt any athlete, professional or amateur, has to deal with a tenth of the harassment our Olympic-caliber get from USADA.

For example, if you are an Olympic-caliber athlete and you go on a trip of any kind and forget to tell USADA, you better hope they don't come knocking on your home door for a random test (usually get at least one a month). If your not at home, practice, work or any place you listed you would be available for the test, you now get marked for failing a drug test.

NCAA athletes might get tested early in the season and then randomly in the post season. In regards to the teams that had players get "popped," only a percentage of the players get tested. So when 15-20 players get randomly tested on each playoff team and a playoff team has a high percentage of those players getting "popped," I highly doubt the NCAA only caught the guilty by chance. There is probably a higher chance that the team as a whole is using whatever substance came up positive or was shown to be masked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Christopher Moen; 08-24-2017 at 05:34 PM.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    NCAA athletes, regardless of sport, do not get tested nearly as much as Olympic-caliber USA athletes. I doubt any athlete, professional or amateur, has to deal with a tenth of the harassment our Olympic-caliber get from USADA.

For example, if you are an Olympic-caliber athlete and you go on a trip of any kind and forget to tell USADA, you better hope they don't come knocking on your home door for a random test (usually get at least one a month). If your not at home, practice, work or any place you listed you would be available for the test, you now get marked for failing a drug test.

NCAA athletes might get tested early in the season and then randomly in the post season. In regards to the teams that had players get "popped," only a percentage of the players get tested. So when 15-20 players get randomly tested on each playoff team and a playoff team has a high percentage of those players getting "popped," I highly doubt the NCAA only caught the guilty by chance. There is probably a higher chance that the team as a whole is using whatever substance came up positive or was shown to be masked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thx, JM and Youngstown had to be a disappointment to a lot of FCS fans for making it to the Natty Game and had quite a few players "popped" as you say, by the NCAA. Ya, and then how many didn't they catch?

Maybe I missed something in your answer, but I don't recall hearing about anyone getting popped in basketball, baseball, hockey, etc.? Does the NCAA check in most sports.
    Looking forward to Summit & MVFC[SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by barnwintersportsengelstad View Post
    Thx, JM and Youngstown had to be a disappointment to a lot of FCS fans for making it to the Natty Game and had quite a few players "popped" as you say, by the NCAA. Ya, and then how many didn't they catch?

Maybe I missed something in your answer, but I don't recall hearing about anyone getting popped in basketball, baseball, hockey, etc.? Does the NCAA check in most sports.
    Outside of wrestling and what I've heard about football, I don't know how it works for other sports. In wrestling, we were given a cup to fill unsupervised at the beginning of the season. I don't remember anyone being randomly tested for remainder of the year until the Championships. At the Championships, individuals were randomly chosen to take a test throughout the tournament, and I believe the finalist were both tested (Champion for sure).

From what I've heard about football during the playoffs, a certain number of players are randomly selected from each participating team to test. I don't know if this includes every round.
    Hail the BISON!!!

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    How many offenses in teh valleys are actually good?
    Thought this might be funny considering what happened today...so...Bump!

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Thought this might be funny considering what happened today...so...Bump!
    The number is surely to go up once the F'Hawkers and their horrible D join the valley.