Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoff Matchup 2017

Default Re: Playoff Matchup 2017

Quote Originally Posted by siouxfan512 View Post
    That its time to move to the MVFC?!?!
    That is good. Great humor. I think it will slowly happen. UND fans will start to realize how inferior the Big Sky competition is when compared to the week to week grind of the Valley. There are no easy wins in the Missouri Valley. A team like USD can beat you. Will be entertaining every week. I think SDSU is overrated personally right now. THey are loaded on offense, but can they stop anyone? I think they slip up looking at some press clippings.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    Nice try but no, the original post was saying UND didn't beat anyone good. Tough to omit the fact that the best team in the valley lost to the 5th best team from the fluff at home.
    That's because UND didn't beat anyone good, and no, SDSU wasn't the best team in the MVFC last year - the playoffs proved that last season.

To reprove my point about UND not beating anyone good, I'll repost my point that UND couldn't "hypothetically" beat EWU last year from another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    No need to pretend, EWU would have destroyed the F'Hawkers last year. You don't want to compare EWU's results with UND because it doesn't favor UND at all, regardless how "hypothetical."

EWU Results [Final rankings are from Massey Ratings (http://www.masseyratings.com/cf/compare.htm)]:

Game #1: Defeated Washington State 45-42. WSU finished 8-5 and ranked #28 in the FBS.
    Game #2: Lost to NDSU 50-44 O.T. NDSU finished 12-2 and ranked #2 in the FCS.
    Game #3: Defeated UNI 34-30. UNI finished 5-6 and ranked #17 in the FCS.
    Game #4: Defeated Northern Arizona 50-35. NAU finished 5-6 and ranked #40 in the FCS. (+15)
    Game #5: Defeated UC Davis 63-30. UC Davis finished 3-8 and ranked #80 in the FCS.
    Game #6: Defeated Northern Colorado 49-31. UNC finished 6-5 and ranked #49 in the FCS. (+18)
    Game #7: Defeated Montana State 41-17. MSU finished 4-7 and ranked #63 in the FCS. (+24)
    Game #8: Defeated Montana 35-16. UM finished 6-5 and ranked #31 in the FCS.
    Game #9: Defeated Cal Poly 42-21. Cal Poly finished 7-5 and ranked #24 in the FCS. (+21)
    Game #10: Defeated Idaho State 48-17. ISU finished 2-9 and ranked #94 in the FCS. (+31)
    Game #11: Defeated Portland State 35-28. PSU finished 3-8 and ranked #66 in the FCS.

Playoff R16: Defeated Central Arkansas 48-17. UCA finished 10-3 and ranked #11 in the FCS.
    Playoff QF: Defeated Richmond 38-0. Richmond finished 10-4 and ranked #13 in the FCS. (+38)
    Playoff SF: Lost to Youngstown State 40-38. YSU finished 12-4 and ranked #4 in the FCS.

UND Results:
    Game #1: Lost to Stony Brook 13-9. SB finished 5-6 and ranked #50 in the FCS.
    Game #2: Lost to Bowling Green 27-26. BG finished 4-8 and ranked #108 in the FBS.
    Game #3: Defeated USD 47-44 O.T. USD finished 4-7 and ranked #29 in the FCS.
    Game #4: Defeated Montana State 17-15. MSU finished 4-7 and ranked #63 in the FCS. (+2)
    Game #5: Defeated Cal Poly 31-24. Cal Poly finished 7-5 and ranked #24 in the FCS. (+7)
    Game #6: Defeated Sacramento State 40-7. Sac St finished 2-9 and ranked #101 in the FCS.
    Game #7: Defeated Southern Utah 45-23. SUU finished 6-5 and ranked #27 in the FCS.
    Game #8: Defeated Idaho State 28-21. ISU finished 2-9 and ranked #94 in the FCS. (+7)
    Game #9: Defeated Weber State 27-19. WSU finished 6-5 and ranked #36 in the FCS.
    Game #10: Defeated Northern Colorado 23-13. UNC finished 6-5 and ranked #49 in the FCS. (+10)
    Game #11: Defeated Northern Arizona 38-31. NAU finished 5-6 and ranked #40 in the FCS. (+7)

Playoff R16: Lost to Richmond 27-24. Richmond finished 10-4 and ranked #13 in the FCS. (-3)

Not sure what "data" you can provide that would show that UND could play with EWU, let alone win.
    You f'hawkers can talk all you want about beating the top so and so teams in your conference, but when those so and so teams are still terrible (according to Massey), you're not helping the Big Sky Conference as being a tough conference last year. Maybe that's why the absolute best team in the Big Sky Conference lost to the third best MFVC team at home in the playoffs last year.
    Hail the BISON!!!

The fawkers lost to friggin Stony Brook, Bowling Green and Richmonds backups last year. Think about that, they fricking lost to a bunch of second stringers!

This mythical 2017 PO matchup is never going to happen. Big undies and the rest of you fawkers can go back to the HYB and continue pining away for Grady to come back. I always....

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    Nice try but no, the original post was saying UND didn't beat anyone good. Tough to omit the fact that the best team in the valley lost to the 5th best team from the fluff at home.
    And how does SDSU/CalPoly have anything to do UND not beating anyone good? At least mine referenced the only team UND played that won a playoff game.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Have you done special teams yet? Tailgating? Intangibles?
    He is waiting for additional state funding.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    He is waiting for additional committee reports.
    Fixed it for you.

some how, NDSU loses the same amount in 2016 as they did in 2015 and they're considered a slip...UND goes from 4 wins to 7 wins to 8 wins and theyre taking over position battles vs NDSU?

NDSU is regarded as a top 40 program in the country. Probably would be higher if they had scholarships to play with.

UND is probably about 140. Maybe lower since their Cinderella run last year to a first round bye and losing at home to a shitty Richmond team.

Nobody has ever heard of your DT's. Or is anybody jealous of them and how they plug 2 gaps. Good job, theyre fat.

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mayville Bison View Post
    And how does SDSU/CalPoly have anything to do UND not beating anyone good? At least mine referenced the only team UND played that won a playoff game.
    You see, Cal Poly was a good team, better than the MVFC champs. They just couldn't handle the every week grind of the Big Sky
    Last edited by thebigund; 08-19-2017 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    some how, NDSU loses the same amount in 2016 as they did in 2015 and they're considered a slip...UND goes from 4 wins to 7 wins to 8 wins and theyre taking over position battles vs NDSU?

NDSU is regarded as a top 40 program in the country. Probably would be higher if they had scholarships to play with.

UND is probably about 140. Maybe lower since their Cinderella run last year to a first round bye and losing at home to a shitty Richmond team.

Nobody has ever heard of your DT's. Or is anybody jealous of them and how they plug 2 gaps. Good job, theyre fat.
    I like how you all are using the work slip, preparing yourselves for the season ahead!!!
    Looking forward to Summit & MVFC[SIGPIC]

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I look forward to these yearly installments. Maybe the big und is being funny, or maybe he's being serious. Either way, I like the side by side analysis. And he's right - RJ peaked early on in his college career (I'm thinking his best game was against ISUr in the National Championship game), and UND's backfield does look pretty impressive. I do wish JJ had come to NDSU, if no other reason than to keep that Fargo crowd undivided.

His analysis wouldn't matter except that our defense looked lost against JMU, and we lost the 4th quarter for the first time in 5 years. But still hopefully come December, UND will be matched up with SDSU with the winner playing a Big Sky team.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.