Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoff Matchup 2017

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Playoff Matchup 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
    Have you ever seen Darrel and barnboy in the same room at the same time???

Remember when you morans thought I was teh Darryls? That was hilarious and insulting.

Geaux Sioux doesn't work at target and his wife doesn't love NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    For a guy/gal who loves a Hitler-loving, Nazi sympathizer, your smack is nothing but weak sauce. SDSU was the first "slip?" How is that last second lost any different than the other loses NDSU has had the previous seasons that weren't 2013?

USD and Montana were all lost on pretty much the last second in 2015. In 2014, UNI was a big lost and a game Wentz shouldn't have played after getting hurt late in the game the previous week against they Jackrabbits. In 2012, nobody can forget spotting the mighty Sycamores two pick sixes. In 2011, well, the Penguins got us after the defense had a bad, first-quarter game and the offense couldn't capitalize at all in the fourth. Dropping a head-scratching game at least once a year is a common trend for the Championship-caliber Bison.

So no, losing to SDSU was not a "slip," especially considering NDSU was still the number one seed come playoffs. In other words, it had no negative affect on the team (it gave them a positive one come playoffs though). The only things you can base any type of "slip" on in regards to NDSU are the injuries to our QB and two future NFL defensive players during the season and a stubborn OC. While the injuries are part of the game, the OC issue left town. So no, no slippage.

However, no need to worry about seeing what a "slip" looks like. Your beloved team will be doing that this year as they "slip" back to where they belong - mediocrity.
    As of late, you absolutely had some great teams and lost some close games. You also won some close games in the run.
    Last 2 years, things began to and did change.
    Where was the JM game at? Why? Ratings.
    Were the ratings wrong, and if so, should have the game been at JM?
    Looking forward to Summit & MVFC[SIGPIC]

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by barnwintersportsengelstad View Post
    As of late, you absolutely had some great teams and lost some close games. You also won some close games in the run.
    He must mean TV ratings....something the Siouxucks FB team has never experienced!
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by barnwintersportsengelstad View Post
    The biggest change last year was not having an injury happen to one major, important playmaker, but instead, several major, important playmakers. JMU doesn't win if Tanguay, DeLuca and Easton are healthy. It might be a blow-out if all three were healthy.

Ratings? I'm guessing you meant rankings. During the run, NDSU didn't always get seeded #1, but I believe were always in the top three. No change there. Why were the Bison ranked #1? Easy. They had one lost to team that beat them at the last second. That team would also be a playoff team. Plus, NDSU arguably had the toughest schedule among the teams in the top-five. This included a victory over #2 EWU and also a big-time victory over an undefeated Iowa team that had participated in the previous year's Rose Bowl. Pretty hard to argue a #1 ranking come playoff time.

Why was JMU ranked #4. Probably because the CAA doesn't hold the esteem it once did and the blow-out lost to North Carolina looked pretty bad on their resume when comparing one-lost records to EWU and arguably Jacksonville State. JSU probably got #3 based on them being in the Championship game and JMU getting beat at home by Colgate in the previous playoff.

Therefore, no evidence of a "slip." NDSU is still a super strong contender for the NCAA Division I Championship Trophy.

Your school, on the other hand, is only a Big Sky contender on paper. Reality is about to hit you guys/gals like a Mack truck. Just wait until 2020, when that Mack truck smack happens on a weekly basis. Sorry, Bubba isn't a Bohl and I doubt you guys/gals are going to be able to attract enough horses to Grand Forks, even if they're a Canuck, to absorb the grind of the MVFC schedule.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    He must mean TV ratings....something the Siouxucks FB team has never experienced!
    Contrary to their beliefs, neither does NCAA Hockey.
    Hail the BISON!!!

The biggest change last year was not having an injury happen to one major, important playmaker, but instead, several major, important playmakers. JMU doesn't win if Tanguay, DeLuca and Easton are healthy. It might be a blow-out if all three were healthy.

Ratings? I'm guessing you meant rankings. During the run, NDSU didn't always get seeded #1, but I believe were always in the top three. No change there. Why were the Bison ranked #1? Easy. They had one lost to team that beat them at the last second. That team would also be a playoff team. Plus, NDSU arguably had the toughest schedule among the teams in the top-five. This included a victory over #2 EWU and also a big-time victory over an undefeated Iowa team that had participated in the previous year's Rose Bowl. Pretty hard to argue a #1 ranking come playoff time.

Why was JMU ranked #4. Probably because the CAA doesn't hold the esteem it once did and the blow-out lost to North Carolina looked pretty bad on their resume when comparing one-lost records to EWU and arguably Jacksonville State. JSU probably got #3 based on them being in the Championship game and JMU getting beat at home by Colgate in the previous playoff.

Therefore, no evidence of a "slip." NDSU is still a super strong contender for the NCAA Division I Championship Trophy.

Your school, on the other hand, is only a Big Sky contender on paper. Reality is about to hit you guys/gals like a Mack truck. Just wait until 2020, when that Mack truck smack happens on a weekly basis. Sorry, Bubba isn't a Bohl and I doubt you guys/gals are going to be able to attract enough horses to Grand Forks, even if they're a Canuck, to absorb the grind of the MVFC schedule.
    How do you think the game would've gone if both JMU and NDSU were at full strength. Remember JMU was missing something like 5 good players, one of which was a tackle who was backed up by the guy who had about 5 false starts.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    How do you think the game would've gone if both JMU and NDSU were at full strength. Remember JMU was missing something like 5 good players, one of which was a tackle who was backed up by the guy who had about 5 false starts.
    How many of JMU's injured guys are/were NFL-caliber and how many of those were really "injured?" I take NDSU with both teams at full strength, and that full strength better be all natural.
    Hail the BISON!!!

How many of JMU's injured guys are/were NFL-caliber and how many of those were really "injured?" I take NDSU with both teams at full strength, and that full strength better be all natural.
    Being injured or suspended makes the same amount of difference for the lineup so I don't consider them different for my question.

I mean... the backup left tackle alone messed up a ton. Tough to know what would have happened though. They came into the dome during the playoffs and won... Tough to make excuses.
    College of Business Alumnus