Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Football Roster update. gobison.com

Default Re: 2017 Football Roster update. gobison.com

Quote Originally Posted by TateMosersneighbor View Post
    We are missing the Lund kid from Minot, I think.
    He never came in last year, I believe.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Braeden Lund left the program early last year after injuring his knee.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I get where you're coming from. I think Cole is entrenched at #2 on the depth chart but I think in blowouts like the MVSU and RMU games are likely to be it's probably more likely we see Van Dellen get in there during garbage time. The coaches know what they have in Cole and I'm not sure they really need to see him running the offense with the 2s and 3s during garbage time. Cole has hit his ceiling whereas Van Dellen can actually get some quality development in a situation like that.
    I agree with you. I think it is more important to get can dellen some reps in live game action. I think Cole could run the offense but feel bad with him being a senior and taking meaningful reps from a freshman that could take over in a couple years. Should be a good qb battle once stick is done. I really think Cole could have started at most other fcs schools but give him credit for sticking it out.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    I agree with you. I think it is more important to get can dellen some reps in live game action. I think Cole could run the offense but feel bad with him being a senior and taking meaningful reps from a freshman that could take over in a couple years. Should be a good qb battle once stick is done. I really think Cole could have started at most other fcs schools but give him credit for sticking it out.
    Those reps would be minimal at best. I don't think it matters if you put a senior in vs a guy who might take over in a couple years. Cole has earned time in some of the cleanup duty and getting him experience is just as important IMO.

I have a hard time believing that getting a third string QB that "might' start in two years is more important than the direct back-up QB, who really hasn't seen any action over his four years as a Bison, getting his reps in during garbage time. If Stick goes down, the better prepared Davis is, the better the team will be.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Those reps would be minimal at best. I don't think it matters if you put a senior in vs a guy who might take over in a couple years. Cole has earned time in some of the cleanup duty and getting him experience is just as important IMO.
    Cole Davis has EARNED any reps that are left when Easton Stick is not in the game---unless he is outperformed in practice and gets bumped to #3---he should get ANY and ALL reps in blowouts

Whoever wins the number 2 job in training camp will get the snaps as they are 1 play away from being the starter

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    Cole Davis has EARNED any reps that are left when Easton Stick is not in the game---unless he is outperformed in practice and gets bumped to #3---he should get ANY and ALL reps in blowouts
    So if we are up huge at half, CD plays the 3rd quarter, you think he should play the 4th too instead of HVD? There should be plenty of reps for both, at least in the first game.

Quote Originally Posted by bison_by_blood View Post
    So if we are up huge at half, CD plays the 3rd quarter, you think he should play the 4th too instead of HVD? There should be plenty of reps for both, at least in the first game.
    That's a strong assumption to think we would pull Easton to start the third. When has that ever happened?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I get where you're coming from. I think Cole is entrenched at #2 on the depth chart but I think in blowouts like the MVSU and RMU games are likely to be it's probably more likely we see Van Dellen get in there during garbage time. The coaches know what they have in Cole and I'm not sure they really need to see him running the offense with the 2s and 3s during garbage time. Cole has hit his ceiling whereas Van Dellen can actually get some quality development in a situation like that.
    Cole still needs the game reps. Practice just doesnt mirror it. If Stick goes down we need a QB who is game ready.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."