Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Football Roster update. gobison.com

Default 2017 Football Roster update. gobison.com

Default Re: 2017 Football Roster update. gobison.com

No idea what they were at before but seems like Chris Board (230) and Stanley Jones (245) both are listed bigger than I recall them being at previously. It also seems like Schoening (297) and Alo (296) might've dropped a bit of weight. I thought both those guys were north of 3 bills before.

It seems the OL across the board is a bit lighter than in previous years. Incoming freshman Nash Jensen has all his teammates by 35+ lbs.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Seems Purifoy must be allergic to putting on weight. Kid should be in that 207-210 range with a 6'1" frame by now.

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Seems Purifoy must be allergic to putting on weight. Kid should be in that 207-210 range with a 6'1" frame by now.
    Not everybody can put on weight easily, especially when they're training like madmen.

When I wrestled heavyweight, I had to drink a ton of water before weigh-ins just to make the minimum 197.1.

When I won my University National Championship in 2000, I weighed 200 LBS and was easily the lightest guy wrestling 97 KG (about 213 LBS). The guy I beat in the finals was a monster who probably cut at least 15 LBS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Sean Engel is 6-5, 208. Should be strong enough to make an impact now. He was 200 last year.

Dylan Radunz 6-6, 287. Was hoping he would crack 300 but Joe Haeg and Billy Turner were about the same early in their careers. Kids ahead of schedule

Not worried about size at all on this line as we have guys who are more athletic and out best lines ever had athleticism.(Tyler Gimmestad 6-2, 299) Little Zack Johnson is 6-6. 312. Colin Conner is 6-5, 309 and I wouldn't be shocked if he moves inside to put the best guys on the field. Kuhnert is listed as a guard so we know it'll probably be Volson at center

Looks like Cole Karcz held at 262 which means we will probably see him at DE in base downs and DT in nickel. That's just too light to be an every down D Tackle. Love the size of the Tuszka brothers. Derrek is now 6-5 245 and his brother is 6-3, 255

Felix Dixon up to 166. May be big enough to see the field in obvious passing downs.

Robbie Grimsley up 8 lbs to 191 which is a big deal for tackling durability

At a quick glance I don't see anyone missing... Glad to see Desmond Cain's name on the roster.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Sean Engel is 6-5, 208. Should be strong enough to make an impact now. He was 200 last year.

Dylan Radunz 6-6, 287. Was hoping he would crack 300 but Joe Haeg and Billy Turner were about the same early in their careers. Kids ahead of schedule

Not worried about size at all on this line as we have guys who are more athletic and out best lines ever had athleticism.(Tyler Gimmestad 6-2, 299) Little Zack Johnson is 6-6. 312. Colin Conner is 6-5, 309 and I wouldn't be shocked if he moves inside to put the best guys on the field. Kuhnert is listed as a guard so we know it'll probably be Volson at center

Looks like Cole Karcz held at 262 which means we will probably see him at DE in base downs and DT in nickel. That's just too light to be an every down D Tackle. Love the size of the Tuszka brothers. Derrek is now 6-5 245 and his brother is 6-3, 255

Felix Dixon up to 166. May be big enough to see the field in obvious passing downs.

At a quick glance I don't see anyone missing... Glad to see Desmond Cain's name on the roster.
    god are we really playing a 6ft 191 SS?

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    No idea what they were at before but seems like Chris Board (230) and Stanley Jones (245) both are listed bigger than I recall them being at previously. It also seems like Schoening (297) and Alo (296) might've dropped a bit of weight. I thought both those guys were north of 3 bills before.

It seems the OL across the board is a bit lighter than in previous years. Incoming freshman Nash Jensen has all his teammates by 35+ lbs.
    Board 225
    Jones 244
    Alo 288
    Schoening 291

Click the drop down menu for previous years.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    god are we really playing a 6ft 191 SS?
    Colton Heagle was 5-11, 195 his first 2 years starting and topped out at 206 his senior year . And Grimsley is way better in coverage

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post

It appears the Rindy brothers have moved on??

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    It appears the Rindy brothers have moved on??
    Who??????????
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."