Page 63 of 69 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU SDSU Football Game official info

Default Re: NDSU SDSU Football Game official info

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Back on topic.
    Making fun of you is on topic.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    Sioux Falls and frankly the whole state should be available for the taking. Success brings unknown potential. People want to associate with winners. Spend the money to become one and suddenly the money shouldn't be a problem. I'd rather invest in a product to make it better than throw money away buying tickets to hope it help brings more demand. That's going backwards at it to me.
    Nebraska football still rules supreme in South Dakota. Iowa, and maybe Iowa State, also take fans from SDSU and USD.

Thankfully for NDSU, the Gophers haven’t been great since the early 60s, right before Mudra created foundation that the Bison program is today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Nebraska football still rules supreme in South Dakota. Iowa, and maybe Iowa State, also take fans from SDSU and USD.

Thankfully for NDSU, the Gophers haven’t been great since the early 60s, right before Mudra created foundation that the Bison program is today.

I don't see it and I live here. Many more Iowa fans than Husker fans with our proximity to Iowa.....maybe down by Yankton, more.

I don't see it and I live here. Many more Iowa fans than Husker fans with our proximity to Iowa.....maybe down by Yankton, more.
    I based my opinion from all the South Dakota people I know who barely ever talk about the Jackrabbits or Coyotes, but love "Big Red." There are also a few that like the Hawkeyes too, but that also goes for Nebraska people I know that grew up near Omaha.
    Hail the BISON!!!

I based my opinion from all the South Dakota people I know who barely ever talk about the Jackrabbits or Coyotes, but love "Big Red." There are also a few that like the Hawkeyes too, but that also goes for Nebraska people I know that grew up near Omaha.
    No sure who you talk to.......I can only think of one person I know here who is a Husker fan.

No sure who you talk to.......I can only think of one person I know here who is a Husker fan.
    Lots of wrestling people.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Maybe it's different on the eastern side of the state but the western side of the state is definitely Husker country. I was in Custer a few years back for a wedding (it was the same day as the NDSU/Iowa St game in 2014) and I saw much more Husker gear being worn that Saturday than SDSU/USD gear.

Of course on the Bunny Board they're taking McFooly's column as truth.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yep - I've lived in Sioux Falls since '09 now and can confirm that it's mostly Hawkeye and Husker country, with a few cyclones thrown in. However, I will say that the Bison presence down here keeps getting more impressive every year. I see a lot more green and yellow around town and I know we actually have organized watch parties through the alumni association which never happened prior to like 2 years ago.

Brookings is like a 45 minute drive from Sioux Falls, how they struggle to get better attendance is beyond me. If I only had 45 minutes to the Fargodome I'd be at every game I could get tickets to.
    If only Bison Days were still an option after graduation...

20 years ago, I would have agreed.

However, most Husker fans in SD 20 years ago were relatively casual fans. The Huskers were good/great every year. They were on TV every week (including huge regional footprint 570 WNAX, SDSU's flagship now). Many of these people have never attended a game in Lincoln.

Iowa fans in SD are much more committed to Iowa football. Most were born and raised in Iowa, and moved to South Dakota as adults.

SDSU has made a ton of progress turning these people into at least casual Jackrabbit fans, go to Scheels and compare how much of each school's apparel is there. Having good basketball teams in addition to football has helped grab their attention throughout the year. Midco broadcasting games has helped. The Summit League tournament being located in Sioux Falls has helped too. There is still a ton of progress to be made, obviously, and as you state we have challenges that NDSU doesn't since your primary competition is a joke and your teams have been ridiculously good.