Page 20 of 69 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU SDSU Football Game official info

Default Re: NDSU SDSU Football Game official info

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post

What! How is that's a bad thing?

Anyone see Izzy?
    Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    Maybe it's just your shitty personality?
    Maybe. Get along with most people just fine though so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    My bet is Fargo didnt like you either. I will make another bet that you and GF got along just fine.
    I don't think anyone in our friend groups were from Fargo. Mostly smaller towns. No idea if they liked us or not. Grand Forks was great other than the weird hockey stuff.
    College of Business Alumnus

When you get done with work at 12:30-2:30am it's something you notice. - quote from Thumper

You should just hop over and work the next corner. Better yet bounce down to Brookings and do some do some real bar hopping.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 76 View Post
    1) Have you lived in both places? Going to guess no, so maybe your insight isn't that great. I've been stunned at how incredibly dead DT Fargo is a lot of nights I've gone down. Anything before Friday is completely dead a lot of the time.

2) So basically your retort is "I don't really know but I'll take a couple guesses at it". Hey whatever's clever man. I say most of the year since hours for businesses change when college is in session, which is most of the year. I wasn't typing that to be dishonest, that is what it is.

Great. Love downtowns that don't have anyone there for 75% of the nights. What fun. I'll take less bars and more people activity any day.

That's what you took from that eh? Solid work. It's just fairly astonishing to me that an area with at least 10x the people can't manage to have a couple places open past midnight/1am. When you get done with work at 12:30-2:30am it's something you notice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I lived in Watertown and in Fargo so I'm going to go ahead and call myself as qualified as any to comment on this. Brookings is basically Watertown with a university and in no way is that a compliment. Fargo is 1,000 times better than Brookings and probably 100 times better than Sioux Falls (which I also lived in). Best college town in ESD? Vermillion. Great college town. All the bars are on 1 street which is also the only street. I had friends that went to both SDSU and USD. Vermillion was easily a much better time.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

I love all the official NDSU/SDSU game info in the 192 posts (and counting) of this thread.

1) Have you lived in both places? Going to guess no, so maybe your insight isn't that great. I've been stunned at how incredibly dead DT Fargo is a lot of nights I've gone down. Anything before Friday is completely dead a lot of the time.

2) So basically your retort is "I don't really know but I'll take a couple guesses at it". Hey whatever's clever man. I say most of the year since hours for businesses change when college is in session, which is most of the year. I wasn't typing that to be dishonest, that is what it is.
    Most city's downtowns are quite a bit more lively on Friday/Saturday than other days of the week. I guess I'm not sure what your definition of lively is either. I live right outside of downtown and spend most of my money there - and I used to work down there. Restaurants are always busy, sometimes annoyingly so. Foot traffic is constant all day. Bars are definitely hit or miss, but a lot of that has to do with there being a TON of options elsewhere. People chase specials and other activities to do. Have a lot of suburban neighborhoods and cities with their own vibe in Brookings? Downtown Minneapolis or Chicago is pretty stale on a Monday night, too. Not every night needs to be raucous, maybe that's just the old man in me. I like to hit it as hard as anyone I know, but sometimes it's nice to have a couple of options that might not be so packed. Maybe you aren't looking in the right places. Every night there is usually at least one place downtown that is hoppin', live music, DJ, etc.

Who is guessing at it? It's pretty easy to know which ones are open as hours are listed online, and not to mention, if you are as desperate as you seem, you will learn which ones are open. Yes, it's not every single one of them....wait for it, because we have multiple of most fast food joints in town. McDonald's are open 24hrs on 32nd, University, and 8th St in Moorhead. Hardee's is open 24hrs by 29. It's true, Taco Bell just changed their hours to be open until 12 or 1AM because they can't find help. Pizza Patrol and Deek's are both open until at least 3AM. I'm a nightowl, I rarely struggle to find something to eat. Hell even Rhombus is open until 2AM. Diversity? Fine, but you can't tell me that Brookings, SD is better. Save for maybe Jack-in-the-box, Whataburger, and In-N-Out, there really isn't much more elsewhere that is open late.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

damn it now I want a whataburger

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Well said, Thumper. Speaking as a Bison fan who has lived in both Fargo and Sioux Falls, and grew up in ND, Sioux Falls is a better place to live. If only NDSU was here, my life may be perfect.
    LOL Socalled. Both are close but I give edge to Fargo for entertainment and universities. You must be sucking up to someone in Sioux Falls and not interested in being honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have. TBH the only thing good about Brookings DT is the window at George's pizza. Other than that, it's ass.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    I lived in Watertown and in Fargo so I'm going to go ahead and call myself as qualified as any to comment on this. Brookings is basically Watertown with a university and in no way is that a compliment. Fargo is 1,000 times better than Brookings and probably 100 times better than Sioux Falls (which I also lived in). Best college town in ESD? Vermillion. Great college town. All the bars are on 1 street which is also the only street. I had friends that went to both SDSU and USD. Vermillion was easily a much better time.
    LOL, so you haven't lived in Brookings but are qualified to comment on what it is like there... mkay.

I have to question the judgement of anyone who thinks Vermillion is great at anything.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    LOL, so you haven't lived in Brookings but are qualified to comment on what it is like there... mkay.

I have to question the judgement of anyone who thinks Vermillion is great at anything.
    That's your comeback? Sounds like Mike is pretty close on his statements