Page 17 of 69 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU SDSU Football Game official info

Default Re: NDSU SDSU Football Game official info

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    I fixed your post...It is SDSU afterall.
    ^^^^ Now THIS is funny

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Its not till "death do us part"....unless you make another call like that ...you bum!!
    .........good grief..........

Crap .... it dropped the part about the udders!

Its not till "death do us part"....unless you make another call like that ...you bum!!

?

Last edited by Bisonfanatical; 08-08-2017 at 01:53 PM.

so wait. did it sell out yet?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 76 View Post
    The reasons I've moved to Fargo have zero to do with liking Fargo better than Brookings. Personally I'm not a big city guy. I would rather live in Brookings. Second best would be Sioux Falls. That's just me. It's what I like. Since this has somehow come up semi regularly, I might as well put down why I'm in Fargo. My wife got transferred by the Army and I happened to have a business opportunity that applied to several towns, and since she was transferred it made the most sense to go to Fargo over the other options. The move was good for us for several personal reasons as well, but that didn't have anything to do with Sioux Falls, Brookings, or Fargo. The business opportunity didn't end up panning out, and with the profession I'm going back to school for it isn't likely I will be able to have a job in a town like Brookings unfortunately.

The one thing that Fargo has over Sioux Falls or even Brookings is FCS football related opportunities. Because it's only two hours to Brookings I can go to games pretty easily (I drive to Sioux Falls three to four times a month, Brookings is easy) and when they have an away game and NDSU has a home game I'll just run down and cruise through the tailgate lots as some of you know (much to the dismay of some one sure ). So it's pretty unique that way.

Outside of the NDSU folks who are from the cities, I'm fairly certain most would really enjoy a town like Brookings. Sioux Falls is a super easy trip, Brookings has everything you need, a livelier downtown than Fargo tbh, and you don't need to be in a bigger city.

As far as best city between Fargo and Sioux Falls, having lived in both its Sioux Falls for sure. There's plenty of reasons why but I'm not that bored. And the reason we make fun of bisonvillers and how they talk about Fargo is because you do build it up like it's this super wonderful metropolitan area, when it isn't. Hell its easier in Brookings to find an open drive through after midnight most of the year than it is in Fargo. Fargo is nice, I don't mind it, there's a lot to like, but there's nothing plenty to not like as well.

Oh well, there's my TLR way too serious post for the month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cliff notes?

The reasons I've moved to Fargo have zero to do with liking Fargo better than Brookings. Personally I'm not a big city guy. I would rather live in Brookings. Second best would be Sioux Falls. That's just me. It's what I like. Since this has somehow come up semi regularly, I might as well put down why I'm in Fargo. My wife got transferred by the Army and I happened to have a business opportunity that applied to several towns, and since she was transferred it made the most sense to go to Fargo over the other options. The move was good for us for several personal reasons as well, but that didn't have anything to do with Sioux Falls, Brookings, or Fargo. The business opportunity didn't end up panning out, and with the profession I'm going back to school for it isn't likely I will be able to have a job in a town like Brookings unfortunately.

The one thing that Fargo has over Sioux Falls or even Brookings is FCS football related opportunities. Because it's only two hours to Brookings I can go to games pretty easily (I drive to Sioux Falls three to four times a month, Brookings is easy) and when they have an away game and NDSU has a home game I'll just run down and cruise through the tailgate lots as some of you know (much to the dismay of some one sure ). So it's pretty unique that way.

Outside of the NDSU folks who are from the cities, I'm fairly certain most would really enjoy a town like Brookings. Sioux Falls is a super easy trip, Brookings has everything you need, a livelier downtown than Fargo tbh, and you don't need to be in a bigger city.

As far as best city between Fargo and Sioux Falls, having lived in both its Sioux Falls for sure. There's plenty of reasons why but I'm not that bored. And the reason we make fun of bisonvillers and how they talk about Fargo is because you do build it up like it's this super wonderful metropolitan area, when it isn't. Hell its easier in Brookings to find an open drive through after midnight most of the year than it is in Fargo. Fargo is nice, I don't mind it, there's a lot to like, but there's nothing plenty to not like as well.

Well said, Thumper. Speaking as a Bison fan who has lived in both Fargo and Sioux Falls, and grew up in ND, Sioux Falls is a better place to live. If only NDSU was here, my life may be perfect.
    Last edited by THEsocalledfan; 08-08-2017 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Well said, Thumper. Speaking as a Bison fan who has lived in both Fargo and Sioux Falls, and grew up in ND, Sioux Falls is a better place to live. If only NDSU was here, may life may be perfect.
    Sioux falls better than fargo? No.

Tea? You have an argument

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Cliff notes?
    Army training, sir!

And then something about loving the proximity to UND.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

1. Brookings downtown is not more lively than Fargo, sorry. See also; more places to hang out than downtown or Applebee's.
    2. It's easier to find a drive thru open after midnight? You must be looking in the wrong places...or Fargo has a ton more opportunity so places have to close early when they can't get overnight fast food workers. LOL@"Most of the year"
    3. The worst part about Fargo? The people. There, I said it. North Dakota nice my ass...more like North Dakota/Minnesota CRAZY. Obviously, it's not everyone, but my god sometimes it feels like this place is removed from reality. Now, think about how we feel about Grand Forks. Avoid, avoid, avoid.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    1. Brookings downtown is not more lively than Fargo, sorry. See also; more places to hang out than downtown or Applebee's.
    2. It's easier to find a drive thru open after midnight? You must be looking in the wrong places...or Fargo has a ton more opportunity so places have to close early when they can't get overnight fast food workers. LOL@"Most of the year"
    3. The worst part about Fargo? The people. There, I said it. North Dakota nice my ass...more like North Dakota/Minnesota CRAZY. Obviously, it's not everyone, but my god sometimes it feels like this place is removed from reality. Now, think about how we feel about Grand Forks. Avoid, avoid, avoid.
    North Dakotans kicks ass. Fargoans suck. Least favorite place I've lived by far.

Sioux Falls probably sucks too.
    College of Business Alumnus