Page 15 of 69 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU SDSU Football Game official info

Default Re: NDSU SDSU Football Game official info

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 76 View Post
    Keep on moving the goalposts for your smack I guess. First it was SDSU can't sell it out, now it's well they won't have anyone there, next it'll be well they weren't that loud, and on and on and on....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I know somebody who called the ticket office and talked to the tix mgr. Was told when the general public tix would be available for sale. Was also told there wouldnt be many available due to increased SDSU fan interest. Doesnt make any difference how many show up. Fact it they are sold and the money is in the bank at that juncture.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

You're one of the ones worried about the lack of a Target correct? Are you between the ages of 18-22, need your Starbucks every morning or O-M-G, wear yoga pants everywhere, and have a vagina? Cause those are the only people I know with an obsession with Target.

to be fair...target is way better than wal mart

Quote Originally Posted by DM05 View Post
    Agreed. 60-80% capacity crowds 11 out of 12 games every two years, IF the team is decent....First home playoff game as a seeded team in program history last year: 6,154 attendance. Three seats for everyone!!!
    How often was the dome full in the first 15 years it was open? Every over year for the UND game? A couple times during the Walker years maybe?

Not sure if SDSU will fill the thing up consistently, but it looks like a nice place to catch a game. Good for them. As for that playoff game, weather didn't look great.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    As for that playoff game, weather didn't look great.
    Neither does Brookings. Should have built a dome would have fixed both problems.

SDSU cheerleaders require a different solution however.

How often was the dome full in the first 15 years it was open? Every over year for the UND game? A couple times during the Walker years maybe?

Not sure if SDSU will fill the thing up consistently, but it looks like a nice place to catch a game. Good for them. As for that playoff game, weather didn't look great.
    We were a Division 2 team then. SDSU can't measure their success compared to our D2 attendance nearly 2 decades ago.

I mean Crookston, Augustana, Mankato, and Moorhead State twice didn't exactly capture the imagination of fans.

Since the end of the 2006 season it's been pretty much packed. That's a decade worth of atrendance with no UND game

And the years before that we were playoff ineligible in a crap conference and played crappy teams like Valpo and Montana Tech

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by DM05 View Post
    No need to move goalposts, we can stop at the fact that SDSU hasn't had 100% capacity at a football game not involving NDSU even once in the last 4 years. Actually only been within 1000 of capacity in 2 of those 20 regular season games...
    This all wildly incorrect, but hell, you do you buddy. SDSU has grown its average attendance in the regular season by 10,000 fans compared to ten years ago. And CAS had a smaller capacity than the average attendance as far as actual seats go before the new side of the DJD was built. The only reason the record numbers for CAS was so high is because they wouldn't ever stop selling tickets and would just keep pushing people into SRO.
    Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I know somebody who called the ticket office and talked to the tix mgr. Was told when the general public tix would be available for sale. Was also told there wouldnt be many available due to increased SDSU fan interest. Doesnt make any difference how many show up. Fact it they are sold and the money is in the bank at that juncture.
    I'll be pretty pissed off if it sells out and is empty. Like really pissed. Not much I can do about it though. As long as the Jacks don't choke against a team they shouldn't before the game I'll expect it to be full. Really whether or not the ticket strategy is Busch league or not is dependent on whether or not the butts make it to the seats.
    Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    to be fair...target is way better than wal mart
    To be honest I have no preference between them. Both of them have types of people in them that irritate the hell out of me. I just have never understood some people's fascination with Brookings lack of one as if Target is the height of civilization. I mean, the "big metropolis" of Fargo has one. And a whopping two if you add Moorhead. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    We were a Division 2 team then. SDSU can't measure their success compared to our D2 attendance nearly 2 decades ago.

I mean Crookston, Augustana, Mankato, and Moorhead State twice didn't exactly capture the imagination of fans.

Since the end of the 2006 season it's been pretty much packed. That's a decade worth of atrendance with no UND game

And the years before that we were playoff ineligible in a crap conference and played crappy teams like Valpo and Montana Tech
    You and I both know the reason that NDSU started to sell out wasn't because of the move to FCS. It was because your program started to really take off. The side by side comparison between SDSU now and NDSU when the Fargodome was built is a pretty solid way to compare whether you want to use faulty logic or not. Will SDSU ever grow to what NDSU has? Maybe. It'll be tougher to do though due to being close to Nebraska instead of the Goofs and with our field being outdoors. But denying that SDSU has been growing it's fanbase at an exponential rate is just being dumb.

Remember Hunters Safety-Treat Every Hunter as if He Were Loaded

This all wildly incorrect, but hell, you do you buddy. SDSU has grown its average attendance in the regular season by 10,000 fans compared to ten years ago. And CAS had a smaller capacity than the average attendance as far as actual seats go before the new side of the DJD was built. The only reason the record numbers for CAS was so high is because they wouldn't ever stop selling tickets and would just keep pushing people into SRO.

Actually, it is wildly accurate; every bit of it was taken off the SDSU stats website and published stadium capacity:

CAS capacity 2013-2014: 15000
    2013 home game attendance: 9729, 13456, 11250, 7912, 5317 (NDSU game: 16498)
    2014 home game attendance: 12219, 13731, 11348, 14480 (YSU), 3204, 10631

CAS capacity 2015: 16700 (half of addition completed)
    2015 home game attendance: 13423, 12153, 9347, 16042 (UNI), 9081 (NDSU game: 17348)

DJD capacity 2016: 19340
    2016 home game attendance: 15171, 16887, 14155, 17730, 10826, 15345, 6154 (playoff game)

Like I said, not once were you at stadium capacity in a game not involving NDSU, and the only 2 games in that stretch where published attendance was within 1,000 of capacity was the 2014 YSU game and the 2015 UNI game. Both games involving NDSU were the only games that reached capacity. If this is so wildly inaccurate, please contact your athletic department and have them fix the statistics on the website.

I never said anything about growth in attendance over the last ten years. I certainly hope you have grown attendance as these last four years have seen your best teams in program history, by far.

Even though this is something you could easily look up: dome capacity is reported as 19,000. Only games to reach that mark in the first 15 years were UND in 1998, 2000, and 2002, SDSU in 2006, and UC Davis in 2007. Good call on the UND and Walker years...

Not sure comparing NDSU D2/early D1 years with a wide range of team quality to the recent SDSU numbers is appropriate.

We actually don't reach full capacity that often, maybe because of the low number of standing room only? Only other times we hit 19,000 were YSU in 2012, Missouri State in 2013, Incarnate Word and SIU in 2014, and UND in 2015. Been pretty consistent lately though: only twice since 2011 have we had less than 18K (Lafayette and JMU in 2011, both over 17K).

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    As I said earlier, Brookings is a little shit town. SDSU is NOT in Sioux Falls. Quit trying to claim Sioux Falls. Watertown is closer than Sioux Falls
    LOL, you were the one who claimed Fargo was a BIG metropolitan area... which lead me to understand you must also believe Sioux Falls is a BIG metropolitan area. Must have hit a nerve since you went into a completely unrelated rant.

BTW, Brookings is larger than Watertown. Not sure why you brought a smaller city into the discussion.

Look at this bitchin view.

sadly its better than Moorheads DT.