Page 44 of 69 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU SDSU Football Game official info

Default Re: NDSU SDSU Football Game official info

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    ... Would have been nice if they'd envisioned the means to expand the capacity however.

If you do some research you will read about infrastructure in the ground and design features which permit expansion to as much as 30k if and when there's that kind of demand.
    Go Jackrabbits!

Quote Originally Posted by JackJD View Post
    If you do some research you will read about infrastructure in the ground and design features which permit expansion to as much as 30k if and when there's that kind of demand.
    In Brookings you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Personally, I enjoy the atmosphere at SDSU games, especially on beautiful falls days. Whether there is 9K or 15K or more in attendance. It's unique, and has things the Dome doesn't. Of course the reverse is true as well. I'd say SDSU has a more "football feel" than the Dome tho--at least to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cass you don't need to travel all the way down to Brookings, you can get that in Moorhead.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    The Dome was built at a time we really weren't "built for the playoffs" so ......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maybe I'm confused about what "built for the playoffs" means, but construction started in 1989 and we won national championships in '88 and '90. I'd say NDSU was not only used to getting into the playoffs when it was cold outside, but were used to winning titles as well.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by 13>1 View Post
    Maybe I'm confused about what "built for the playoffs" means, but construction started in 1989 and we won national championships in '88 and '90. I'd say NDSU was not only used to getting into the playoffs when it was cold outside, but were used to winning titles as well.
    '93 was the first year of football in the dome, and when Beachey went down we were done. we did not have a contender again until 2000.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

the idea of the Dome had nothing to do with needing to play indoor football in December. It was an opportune moment for the city and NDSU. Bob Johnson's vision was to replace the Civic Center on the Civic Center property with a larger arena if I remember correctly. NDSU seized on the chance to get the arena on their property.

It was a convergence of several factors, not the sole need to play indoors. I'm glad it happened and I like indoor football in December.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    '93 was the first year of football in the dome, and when Beachey went down we were done. we did not have a contender again until 2000.
    Yeah, I get what happened after we moved inside, and the string of years with no playoff appearances. I was simply addressing the comment CAS made about not being built for the playoffs when the Dome was being built. And like I said, maybe I'm confused about what he meant by that.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by JackJD View Post
    If you would read his post again you'd see he was talking about the Fargodome. Which does have that kind of demand today.

We had some great teams. Problem is the rest of the NCC got better with UNC winning a few National Championships and UND as well. With D2 scholarship drops they did a way better job with less. Whenever we were fully funded we were always a contender

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I still get sick thinking about that play.....they would have crushed everyone.