Page 19 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU SDSU Football Game official info

GOB1SON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU SDSU Football Game official info

The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft-living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life...

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    North Dakotans kicks ass. Fargoans suck. Least favorite place I've lived by far.

Sioux Falls probably sucks too.
    Maybe it's just your shitty personality?

99.9% of the people who live in Fargo-Moorhead-West Fargo have been good to me.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

North Dakotans kicks ass. Fargoans suck. Least favorite place I've lived by far.

Sioux Falls probably sucks too.
    My bet is Fargo didnt like you either. I will make another bet that you and GF got along just fine.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Gross. Moorhead sucks too.
    Gross? I said I was technically a fargoan because i was born in fargo, lulz. Moorhead has it leadership flaws. But no fargo/wf traffic...can be anywhere I want to be in 10 min, it's in Minnesota, new schools, more of a community feel than city, tax abatements, don't have a 4.5 hr drive to the cities like grand forks, don't have you living here. So there's some pluses just to name a few

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    1. Brookings downtown is not more lively than Fargo, sorry. See also; more places to hang out than downtown or Applebee's.
    2. It's easier to find a drive thru open after midnight? You must be looking in the wrong places...or Fargo has a ton more opportunity so places have to close early when they can't get overnight fast food workers. LOL@"Most of the year"
    3. The worst part about Fargo? The people. There, I said it. North Dakota nice my ass...more like North Dakota/Minnesota CRAZY. Obviously, it's not everyone, but my god sometimes it feels like this place is removed from reality. Now, think about how we feel about Grand Forks. Avoid, avoid, avoid.
    1) Have you lived in both places? Going to guess no, so maybe your insight isn't that great. I've been stunned at how incredibly dead DT Fargo is a lot of nights I've gone down. Anything before Friday is completely dead a lot of the time.

2) So basically your retort is "I don't really know but I'll take a couple guesses at it". Hey whatever's clever man. I say most of the year since hours for businesses change when college is in session, which is most of the year. I wasn't typing that to be dishonest, that is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Downtown Fargo probably has half as many microbreweries as Brooking has total bars.
    Great. Love downtowns that don't have anyone there for 75% of the nights. What fun. I'll take less bars and more people activity any day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    Wow. That's your measure of livability.
    That's what you took from that eh? Solid work. It's just fairly astonishing to me that an area with at least 10x the people can't manage to have a couple places open past midnight/1am. When you get done with work at 12:30-2:30am it's something you notice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember Hunters Safety-Treat Every Hunter as if He Were Loaded

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Looks like there might have been about 1000 people there.
    Which would be about the same as your first home playoff game.

[img]https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/sdsucollegian.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/2/66/2662b11e-b9bf-11e6-8032-779acabaefd8/58436e3382daf.image.jpg?resize=760%2C507/img]

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Gross? I said I was technically a fargoan because i was born in fargo, lulz. Moorhead has it leadership flaws. But no fargo/wf traffic...can be anywhere I want to be in 10 min, it's in Minnesota, new schools, more of a community feel than city, tax abatements, don't have a 4.5 hr drive to the cities like grand forks, don't have you living here. So there's some pluses just to name a few
    You just described West Fargo too...But maybe it takes an extra five minutes to get somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 76 View Post
    1) Have you lived in both places? Going to guess no, so maybe your insight isn't that great. I've been stunned at how incredibly dead DT Fargo is a lot of nights I've gone down. Anything before Friday is completely dead a lot of the time.

2) So basically your retort is "I don't really know but I'll take a couple guesses at it". Hey whatever's clever man. I say most of the year since hours for businesses change when college is in session, which is most of the year. I wasn't typing that to be dishonest, that is what it is.

Great. Love downtowns that don't have anyone there for 75% of the nights. What fun. I'll take less bars and more people activity any day.

That's what you took from that eh? Solid work. It's just fairly astonishing to me that an area with at least 10x the people can't manage to have a couple places open past midnight/1am. When you get done with work at 12:30-2:30am it's something you notice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can name 7 places without thinking that have a drive thru open past midnight...I'm not sure how you may have missed them.

- McDonalds
    - Wendy's
    - Taco Bell
    - Hardees
    - Sonic
    - Burger King
    - Subway

Fargo is a different town in the summer, people out at the lakes and college kids not around changes the vibe a bit. Sioux Falls doesn't really have the college population that Fargo has nor is it by lakes country. SF is a nice town but it is like a more boring version of Fargo.

Brookings downtown being more lively is hilarious. I'm sure all five bars and restaurants are hopping every night.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Wait..thumper likes bars packed with people? Downtown Brookings over downtown fargo? Wal-Mart over target? Why do you do this to yourself?