Page 26 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU SDSU Football Game official info

Default Re: NDSU SDSU Football Game official info

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    Not true. We've helped them sell out the Dakota Marker game in Brookings several years now.
    They were never sellouts, they had SRO tickets if I remember right

But shut up man that was a good line
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

I give them props for selling it out.

I laugh that they sold it out on the premise of keeping the tickets out of our hands and not on the premise of people wanting to watch the Rabbits play.

Congrats to the Wascally Wabbits.
    A perfect storm of a high-rated team plus NFL talent plus maybe, just maybe, this is the year the plucky underdog breaks through and wins it all......
    ......plus perhaps some corporate sponsors to buy up tickets plus season ticket holders who bought up extra bundles of tickets.....

Will be interesting to see if the money is really there......
    Gotta pay for that shiny new stadium. (65M?)
    6154 butts in the seats for a December 3rd playoff game ain't doin it......
    Were all the tickets really bought? Or were some given away? (students etc.)
    Does the money show up for local business? - e.g. I can't stop at Subway for lunch like we did 2 years ago and buy gas for the trip home if I stay in Fargo. On the other hand, we can host a fine house watch party here in Fargo for the money otherwise spent in Brookings & SD. So SDSU is definitely kissing some out-of-state money goodbye. Will they fully replace it with the money of SDSU fans?

http://gojacks.com/news/2017/9/17/fo...-sold-out.aspx

Dakota Marker Game Sold Out
    And if they do lose some $$ doing this, well, chalk it up as a cost of building a brand.
    I can understand it, but as a football fan am disappointed I may not be there.
    Last edited by bruinbison; 09-18-2017 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    A perfect storm of a high-rated team plus NFL talent plus maybe, just maybe, this is the year the plucky underdog breaks through and wins it all......
    ......plus perhaps some corporate sponsors to buy up tickets plus season ticket holders who bought up extra bundles of tickets.....

Does the money show up for local business? - e.g. I can't stop at Subway for lunch like we did 2 years ago and buy gas for the trip home if I stay in Fargo. On the other hand, we can host a fine house watch party here in Fargo for the money otherwise spent in Brookings & SD. So SDSU is definitely kissing some out-of-state money goodbye. Will they fully replace it with the money of SDSU fans?

My question are we going to still get our own tailgating area? I do have tickets. And, as an FYI, there is a very, very small chance I'll have 2 extras.

Curious how my fans will be disguised as empty seats. Last I checked with folks on SDSU's board, they had quite a few corners to sell; suspect someone bought the rest of the seats.

If I catch wind of any giveaways in Sioux Falls, I'll see if there is a way to tap into those for folks.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    My question are we going to still get our own tailgating area? I do have tickets. And, as an FYI, there is a very, very small chance I'll have 2 extras.

Curious how my fans will be disguised as empty seats. Last I checked with folks on SDSU's board, they had quite a few corners to sell; suspect someone bought the rest of the seats.

If I catch wind of any giveaways in Sioux Falls, I'll see if there is a way to tap into those for folks.
    Is there a SDSU version of Ralph Engelstad? You know, minus the whole Hitler obsession.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

I think what makes me the most upset about this whole thing is their fans/staff would try to spin this in that its equally as hard for them to buy NDSU/SDSU tickets when its in Fargo. Sure, its hard...but its not the same thing.

The thing that annoys me about this is this is some shitty attempt to give them as much of an 'advantage' as possible. When we sell out games, we sell out ALL of our games at 8:05 am August 1st. Not September 17th after we block out any attempt for the general public to buy tickets and, presumably, spam season ticket holders/alumni begging them to please buy up any remaining tickets so the mean NDSU fans can't come and show their fan base is better than ours. QQ.

Maybe I'm butthurt about it, but I think this is a pretty piss poor president set by the SDSU facility and staff. Id expect it from SDSU fans, but not from an actual organization.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post

And if they do lose some $$ doing this, well, chalk it up as a cost of building a brand.
    I can understand it, but as a football fan am disappointed I may not be there.
    Appreciate your concern for the South Dakota economy and how SDSU is going to pay off the bonds for the new stadium without your few measly dollars every other year. FWIW the revenue from the suites is easily enough to make the bond payments, please, tell me about the suites in the fargo dome.

It's a shame the stadium will only be half full. Most of those SDSU tickets will go unused.

Quote Originally Posted by jrd View Post
    Appreciate your concern for the South Dakota economy and how SDSU is going to pay off the bonds for the new stadium without your few measly dollars every other year. FWIW the revenue from the suites is easily enough to make the bond payments, please, tell me about the suites in the fargo dome.
    Enjoy them because by the time you all get something new down there we'll probably have motorized suites levitating over the field in Fargo.

That is if the delapidated state of the old SDSU stadium is any indication of how out-dated things need to get before they decide it's time to upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by jrd View Post
    Thank you for inquiring about the FargoDome suites.
    The suites are full for the home FCS playoff games in November and December, as are most of the other seats......