Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Verbal: Hunter Luepke

Default Re: 2018 Verbal: Hunter Luepke

I turned on the Cowboys-Eagles game and the first play was a Dallas punt and the announcers were saying that it was returnable... Luepke zoomed in and gator rolled the guy for a zero-yard return.

I had to turn off the TV soon after that because I found out I was rooting for Dallas, but I was really impressed by how fast those two teams were playing. Hell, "the Eagles aren't even recognizable as the same dropsy WR, 2nd and 2 run for -4 yards with stupid penalties on every other play" bunch I saw when Wentz was playing for them.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I turned on the Cowboys-Eagles game and the first play was a Dallas punt and the announcers were saying that it was returnable... Luepke zoomed in and gator rolled the guy for a zero-yard return.

I had to turn off the TV soon after that because I found out I was rooting for Dallas, but I was really impressed by how fast those two teams were playing. Hell, "the Eagles aren't even recognizable as the same dropsy WR, 2nd and 2 run for -4 yards with stupid penalties on every other play" bunch I saw when Wentz was playing for them.
    Saw it also...showed good speed
    In addition
    Dak threw to him on a short flat route, but with defender right there....threw it in dirt

Dallas run game going nowhere....at some point I think Hunter starts getting carries, especially in event of a injury

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

That's what you get for not using Luepke on teh goal line eh

Lardsin must go!

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisman View Post
    A story about Hunter Luepke in Bison Illustrated: https://www.bisonillustrated.com/fullback-luepke/
    They used him on that long run by Dowdle to get close to the goal line. You can’t use a fullback two times on the same drive.

Is Luepke playing today? Have not seen him on the field yet?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    They used him on that long run by Dowdle to get close to the goal line. You can’t use a fullback two times on the same drive.
    Say what???
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Say what???
    An unwritten rule, I think he means.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    I think it’s fair to say that Hunter is handling a lot of heavy lifting. He’s a great young player with a great attitude willing to take on whatever they ask of him. Can’t help but root for a young man like that. You could see that by how excited Dak Prescott was for Hunter running beside him in making sure Hunter got that football from his touchdown some weeks back.

Can’t find the article right now, but the enthusiastic devotion of his lovely and sweet wife Sadie to his career even while she works incredibly hard herself is telling as well, and seems to be particularly special and mutual. A lot of songs have been written along these lines in fact! (From Alan Jackson to Bon Jovi to name some! You may have already thought of one that you won’t be able to get out of your head for a while now! lol. ) This isn’t the article, but also shows a bit of that old maxim that “behind every good man is a great woman”: https://twitter.com/sadie_luepke

Prototypical Bison! GoHunter…GoBison!! Long may he run!
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 11-15-2023 at 05:37 AM.

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    An unwritten rule, I think he means.
    Thanks. I assumed this but with no purple font I was not sure if serious or sarcasm.
    Don't believe everything you think.

huge letdown this year so far for Hunter. We had visions of him rolling down the field on a wheel route or crushing a guy on a screen in the flat.

Dallas must be saving him for playoff run.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?