Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm finally ready to watch the second half of the JMU game...anyone have a link?

Default Re: I'm finally ready to watch the second half of the JMU game...anyone have a link?

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Not to mention the boneheaded decision to try that field goal
    no shit! i was screaming... why the HELL are you trying the field goal. horrible offensive gameplan.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Default Re: I'm finally ready to watch the second half of the JMU game...anyone have a link?

I did watch shortly after the fact.

Got so mad after going frame-by-frame on the infamous JMU timeout against NDSU.
    IIRC the ball was hiked in shotgun formation and had almost reached the
    QB before the Sideline Ref even flinched, to start waving his arms to blow
    the play dead. The ESPN guys totally missed that aspect of the play......I'll always think that should have been a sack......

The next play, the neutral zone infraction against NDSU, was just as bad.
    The Bison DL was not lined up improperly, and he only rocked up in his stance.

Was, however, very impressed with JMU and their overall play, especially on
    D. They were successful with their 2 corners and their physical press style.
    On offense, JMU had to overcome losing their all-conference OT the
    previous game. I believe they were playing a FR there and that is the spot where the Bison generated so much pressure on the QB.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    I did watch shortly after the fact.

the play dead. The ESPN guys totally missed that aspect of the play......I'll always think that should have been a sack......

The next play, the neutral zone infraction against NDSU, was just as bad.
    The Bison DL was not lined up improperly, and he only rocked up in his stance.

Was, however, very impressed with JMU and their overall play, especially on
    D. They were successful with their 2 corners and their physical press style.
    On offense, JMU had to overcome losing their all-conference OT the
    previous game. I believe they were playing a FR there and that is the spot where the Bison generated so much pressure on the QB.
    Their QB and RB made some big plays when it counted too.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Their QB and RB made some big plays when it counted too.
    Agreed, the game was no fluke and they earned it. As previously mentioned, their coach is a dick and made me like Bo just a bit more. Anybody have the frame by frame of the timeout call?

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    No way I'm not watching this again. I prefer to retain my thoughts of the game when it was happening. JMU was a very good team and they made the plays when they needed to. After having 5 + years of almost everything going our way, we finally had some breaks go against us. JMU deserved that victory and they earned it. I do still think their coach is a gigantic dick and I can't stand him.
    He seems to have a very sarcastic looking smirk on his face almost every time he talks - like he thinks he's smarter than you- I tend to call people like that lots of different names - Dick head is one of them, so I agree with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Anyone listen to Hedberg the other day on the Insiders? If not here is a run down that I gathered ....the old constant power run game of NDSU is gone, New OC is implementing more of a pass speed option offense, times they are a changing

If anyone read it different please respond, but I feel we will not see anything different from TP
    https://m.soundcloud.com/user-744211...edberg-7-25-17

Will wait and see, said differences in passing scheme, fans won't see the difference, but players will.

Said more quick calls- I do miss some of the quick qb sneaks Brock would mix in after defense was lulled to sleep draining clock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone listen to Hedberg the other day on the Insiders? If not here is a run down that I gathered ....the old constant power run game of NDSU is gone, New OC is implementing more of a pass speed option offense, times they are a changing

If anyone read it different please respond, but I feel we will not see anything different from TP
    That's not what I took from the interview at all. Rest easy child

What??? I did not hear anything close to that.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post

Timeout is awarded (per ncaa rules) on when coach or player calls a timeout not when the ref indicates it. Pretty sure their coach called for it prior to the snap if I remember correctly.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    No way I'm not watching this again. I prefer to retain my thoughts of the game when it was happening. JMU was a very good team and they made the plays when they needed to. After having 5 + years of almost everything going our way, we finally had some breaks go against us. JMU deserved that victory and they earned it. I do still think their coach is a gigantic dick and I can't stand him.
    This is kinda how I felt about it but I’m glad I watched it.

First 3 quarters were pretty even but the 4th was JMU’s, although JMU didn’t look as formidable the second time. More like the Bison offense just looked flat in the 4th, although I thought TP called a decent 1-3. Schor and Abdullah both played out-of-their-minds and deserved to win that game.

The idea that we’re going to win a natty every year is insane and I’m glad that monkey is gone. One week at a time now.