Thread: Every FCS Player on NFL training camp rosters

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Every FCS Player on NFL training camp rosters

Default Re: Every FCS Player on NFL training camp rosters

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    Not sure why that's particularly noteworthy.

Really, though... relative lack of NFL players is one of the arguments that FBS teams used to use against us. Obviously, NDSU alums have had a little more recent success in the NFL, but we did fine against some great competition without loads of NFL talent in the past. If you want to pick on GFCC, then it's probably more noteworthy how poorly they performed against us last time we played or how poorly they did in the playoffs.

So is Harvard that good or do they just have a small number of consistent standouts? Makes me wonder if they’d be a perennial FCS playoff contender. Whenever I watch them they look pretty darn good but they’re always playing other Ivy’s so it’s hard to know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    So is Harvard that good or do they just have a small number of consistent standouts? Makes me wonder if they’d be a perennial FCS playoff contender. Whenever I watch them they look pretty darn good but they’re always playing other Ivy’s so it’s hard to know for sure.
    I believe they get a few very talented players because they are an Ivy League school, however a few great players do not make a great team.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    they could be very good, unlimited money etc..they choose Academics over athletics. Great history in CFB
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    Not sure why that's particularly noteworthy.

Really, though... relative lack of NFL players is one of the arguments that FBS teams used to use against us. Obviously, NDSU alums have had a little more recent success in the NFL, but we did fine against some great competition without loads of NFL talent in the past. If you want to pick on GFCC, then it's probably more noteworthy how poorly they performed against us last time we played or how poorly they did in the playoffs.
    A rule for all Bison to live by: Take every opportunity available to bash the Sioux. And yes, they also performed poorly against us last time, and in the playoffs last year. But that is just piling it on.

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    A rule for all Bison to live by: Take every opportunity available to bash the Sioux. And yes, they also performed poorly against us last time, and in the playoffs last year. But that is just piling it on.
    but hockey !?!?!?!?!