Thread: Updated the Bisonville Fan Guide

Default Updated the Bisonville Fan Guide

Noticed that NDSU has never had more than 6 consecutive double-digit win seasons so there's a chance to do something new.

Default Re: Updated the Bisonville Fan Guide

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Noticed that NDSU has never had more than 6 consecutive double-digit win seasons so there's a chance to do something new.
    During those 6 seasons: (2011, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16)

-92 wins against 12 losses.
    -Were not shut out one time.
    -Outscored opponents 3361-1475.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Just took a quick look at some other football "dynasty" results in this regard.

Alabama is currently on a 9-season run..............so we need to keep pace with them until they falter!
    Oklahoma's high mark is only 5 straight seasons (back in the 50's, I believe).
    USC had a run of 7 straight seasons back in the Pete Carroll years, but one entire season (2005?) of wins was vacated during the middle of that stretch, so I'm not sure if that should count.
    Notre Dame.............forget about it. Surprisingly, 3 seasons is their high. (To be fair........most of their great season runs were during earlier times when shorter seasons didn't allow for double digit wins as easily.)
    Oregon had their high 7-season run just recently end in 2014.
    Michigan's all-time high is 5 straight seasons.
    Ohio State's high was 6 straight, but one of those was vacated (2010). They are currently on a 5 season streak as we speak, however.
    Nebraska had a 5 season run back in the 90's.
    Miami had an 8 season run back in the late 80's-early 90's.
    Florida's high is 6 straight years during the Spurrier 90's.
    Penn State's high run is 4 seasons.
    Clemson is currently on their all-time high 6 season run.
    LSU's high water 4 season streak ended in 2013.
    Florida State had an astounding 14 year run under Bobby Bowden!

That's all I checked for now. Nor did I spot check any other divisions.
    Last edited by Bison Loaf; 07-27-2017 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Corrected Florida vs. Florida State.

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    Just took a quick look at some other football "dynasty" results in this regard.

Alabama is currently on a 9-season run..............so we need to keep pace with them until they falter!
    Oklahoma's high mark is only 5 straight seasons (back in the 50's, I believe).
    USC had a run of 7 straight seasons back in the Pete Carroll years, but one entire season (2005?) of wins was vacated during the middle of that stretch, so I'm not sure if that should count.
    Notre Dame.............forget about it. Surprisingly, 3 seasons is their high. (To be fair........most of their great season runs were during earlier times when shorter seasons didn't allow for double digit wins as easily.)
    Oregon had their high 7-season run just recently end in 2014.
    Michigan's all-time high is 5 straight seasons.
    Ohio State's high was 6 straight, but one of those was vacated (2010). They are currently on a 5 season streak as we speak, however.
    Nebraska had a 5 season run back in the 90's.
    Miami had an 8 season run back in the late 80's-early 90's.
    Florida State's high is 6 straight years during the Spurrier 90's.
    Penn State's high run is 4 seasons.
    Clemson is currently on their all-time high 6 season run.
    LSU's high water 4 season streak ended in 2013.

That's all I checked for now. Nor did I spot check any other divisions.
    Spurrier was not the coach at FSU...Bowden.

Quote Originally Posted by totoinfl View Post
    Spurrier was not the coach at FSU...Bowden.
    Yep, my bad. See correction above.

Here's a few more double-digit win season streaks of possible interest to Bison Fans:

Appalachian State had a high run of 6 straight years of double-digit wins, of which their 3 straight titles started the run.
    Georgia Southern's high mark was 6 straight years also.
    Youngstown State had a program-high 5 year streak during the Tressel era.
    Montana's high streak is only 4 years.
    Northern Iowa's best streak is 2 years in a row.
    The Jacks? Well, talk about moving to a better neighborhood with no money down - the Jacks have NEVER had a 10-win or more season!

The Fhawkers longest streak? 5 years - the final 5 of their seasons in D2, 4 of which came AFTER (not surprisingly) the Bison left for Division 1.
    (The Bison had back-to-back double-digit winning seasons in their 3rd & 4th seasons of D1, and in 8 of their 13 D1 seasons so far. The Fhawkers have yet to have such a season in their 9 D1 seasons to date.)

Our old nemesis Pittsburg State had a program-high run of 7 straight seasons back in the day.

Just down the road, Division 3 power St John's high mark is 6 straight seasons of 10 wins or more.

And................I'm almost afraid to pass it on, because it makes the rest of these streaks seem meaningless................
    ..........Division 3 Superpower Mount Union is currently on 25 straight seasons of double-digit winning........and counting! That's impressive no matter what the division!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    Here's a few more double-digit win season streaks of possible interest to Bison Fans:

Appalachian State had a high run of 6 straight years of double-digit wins, of which their 3 straight titles started the run.
    Georgia Southern's high mark was 6 straight years also.
    Youngstown State had a program-high 5 year streak during the Tressel era.
    Montana's high streak is only 4 years.
    Northern Iowa's best streak is 2 years in a row.
    The Jacks? Well, talk about moving to a better neighborhood with no money down - the Jacks have NEVER had a 10-win or more season!

The Fhawkers longest streak? 5 years - the final 5 of their seasons in D2, 4 of which came AFTER (not surprisingly) the Bison left for Division 1.
    (The Bison had back-to-back double-digit winning seasons in their 3rd & 4th seasons of D1, and in 8 of their 13 D1 seasons so far. The Fhawkers have yet to have such a season in their 9 D1 seasons to date.)

Our old nemesis Pittsburg State had a program-high run of 7 straight seasons back in the day.

Just down the road, Division 3 power St John's high mark is 6 straight seasons of 10 wins or more.

And................I'm almost afraid to pass it on, because it makes the rest of these streaks seem meaningless................
    ..........Division 3 Superpower Mount Union is currently on 25 straight seasons of double-digit winning........and counting! That's impressive no matter what the division!
    Grand Valley State and Northwest Missouri State have some really long streaks too.

http://www.bisonville.com/fanguide/team000041.html
    http://www.bisonville.com/fanguide/team000031.html

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    During those 6 seasons: (2011, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16)

-92 wins against 12 losses.
    -Were not shut out one time.
    -Outscored opponents 3361-1475.
    I believe you counted the 2010 season in your wins and losses totals. I counted 83 wins and 7 losses.