Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Games from transition

Default Re: Games from transition

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    I would really like to see the Central Michigan game. I remember listening on the radio!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I only saw highlights of that game since it wasn't on TV. That was all Scott Miller...

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Have you seen highlights from the Cal Davis comeback? If not...here it is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4WecYDXWZg

There's also some 2007 Minnesota footage on my youtube channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4I...view=0&sort=dd
    I know the UC-Davis comeback was big, but why does it seem like every forgets the Cal-Poly 22 point 4th quarter? We were down 28-9 with 10 mins left in the fourth. We ended up winning with an 80 yard TD from Walker to Heckendorf with 0:38 left on the clock. This one held wayyy more water for me at that time and still does today, but it seems like no one talks about it. This preserved the, at the time, undefeated season.

Look at our final 3 scores. Quick strike because there was NO time left.
    4th 09:36 NDSU - J. Schultenover 67 yd pass from Steve Walker (Shawn Bibeau kick ) 2 plays, 67 yards, TOP 0:21
    4th 04:21 NDSU - Tyler Roehl 4 yd run (Shawn Bibeau kick ), 3 plays, 62 yards, TOP 0:31
    4th 00:38 NDSU - Kole Heckendorf 80 yd pass from Steve Walker (Gary Williams rush ) 3 plays, 92 yards, TOP 0:27
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Da Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    A friend of mine was officiating that game. He said the CMU players were joking before the game they had to play this lower level team.
    Was at this game, sat with Roadwarrior. The parking lot before the game was a giant drunken mess. We parked in the middle of this (with ND plates) Students standing on the roofs of cars & trucks, pretty wild.
    Got out and were immediately told "we're gonna kill your team". Da Wife was wondering if we were going to have a vehicle left after the game (to our surprise it was intact).
    The game started with the endzone bowl full of students. At half it emptied completely (thought they were going out to resume partying & would be back). It stayed that way and the rest of the stadium was pretty empty by the end of the game.
    When we got back to the parking lot it was easy to find our vehicle. It was the only one left. They were cleaning up the lot with 2 front end loaders and dump trucks. Wow what a mess. Driving down the highway afterwards we got flipped off a couple times but mostly thumbs up.

Overall a fun time.
    The original Da Bison.
    Not to be confused with imposters

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bison View Post
    Was at this game, sat with Roadwarrior. The parking lot before the game was a giant drunken mess. We parked in the middle of this (with ND plates) Students standing on the roofs of cars & trucks, pretty wild.
    Got out and were immediately told "we're gonna kill your team". Da Wife was wondering if we were going to have a vehicle left after the game (to our surprise it was intact).
    The game started with the endzone bowl full of students. At half it emptied completely (thought they were going out to resume partying & would be back). It stayed that way and the rest of the stadium was pretty empty by the end of the game.
    When we got back to the parking lot it was easy to find our vehicle. It was the only one left. They were cleaning up the lot with 2 front end loaders and dump trucks. Wow what a mess. Driving down the highway afterwards we got flipped off a couple times but mostly thumbs up.

Overall a fun time.
    Those UNDies fans were a long way from home...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Ball State was a fun one. Watched the game at Sidestreet and it was packed. One of the few places in town that had a live stream. They could only get one TV to work if I remember correctly. So the 100-200ish people that were there all huddled around the old big screen they had.

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Ball State was a fun one. Watched the game at Sidestreet and it was packed. One of the few places in town that had a live stream. They could only get one TV to work if I remember correctly. So the 100-200ish people that were there all huddled around the old big screen they had.
    That was a fun experience...best spot I could get was leaned up against the pool table. Good times.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    A friend of mine was officiating that game. He said the CMU players were joking before the game they had to play this lower level team.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I'm picturing Jangula catching a pass and completely obliterating the guy who tried to tackle him.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    I know the UC-Davis comeback was big, but why does it seem like every forgets the Cal-Poly 22 point 4th quarter? We were down 28-9 with 10 mins left in the fourth. We ended up winning with an 80 yard TD from Walker to Heckendorf with 0:38 left on the clock. This one held wayyy more water for me at that time and still does today, but it seems like no one talks about it. This preserved the, at the time, undefeated season.

Look at our final 3 scores. Quick strike because there was NO time left.
    4th 09:36 NDSU - J. Schultenover 67 yd pass from Steve Walker (Shawn Bibeau kick ) 2 plays, 67 yards, TOP 0:21
    4th 04:21 NDSU - Tyler Roehl 4 yd run (Shawn Bibeau kick ), 3 plays, 62 yards, TOP 0:31
    4th 00:38 NDSU - Kole Heckendorf 80 yd pass from Steve Walker (Gary Williams rush ) 3 plays, 92 yards, TOP 0:27
    I agree that the Cal Poly comeback was huge. I was at that game. Not sure why I don't have more footage of it. Maybe it wasn't on TV so I couldn't tape it.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    I agree that the Cal Poly comeback was huge. I was at that game. Not sure why I don't have more footage of it. Maybe it wasn't on TV so I couldn't tape it.
    I can't remember, but I remember hearing the final TD on the radio in the car as I had given up on the game. Whoops.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    I can't remember, but I remember hearing the final TD on the radio in the car as I had given up on the game. Whoops.
    Yeah...it looked hopeless, especially after CP intercepted in our own end zone for a touchdown.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.