Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Games from transition

Default Games from transition

Wow, just watching some Bison highlights from the transition. Hard to believe we had Roehl, Jangula, and Paschall in the backfield on the same team. Those 2006 and 2007 teams were really good when healthy (didn't have the depth of the later teams, imo.)

Are the Ball State and Central Michigan games anywhere? How about a Tyler Roehl highlight tape?

Default Re: Games from transition

I would really like to see the Central Michigan game. I remember listening on the radio!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    I would really like to see the Central Michigan game. I remember listening on the radio!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think that was their homecoming.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-to-craig-bohl

BR article from after the CMU game.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Wow, just watching some Bison highlights from the transition. Hard to believe we had Roehl, Jangula, and Paschall in the backfield on the same team. Those 2006 and 2007 teams were really good when healthy (didn't have the depth of the later teams, imo.)

Are the Ball State and Central Michigan games anywhere? How about a Tyler Roehl highlight tape?
    Have you seen highlights from the Cal Davis comeback? If not...here it is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4WecYDXWZg

There's also some 2007 Minnesota footage on my youtube channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4I...view=0&sort=dd

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

IndyBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    I think that was their homecoming.
    A friend of mine was officiating that game. He said the CMU players were joking before the game they had to play this lower level team.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    A friend of mine was officiating that game. He said the CMU players were joking before the game they had to play this lower level team.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    A close friend of mine who went to CMU sent me an article printed the week before the game where a starting LB said it was an embarrassment that they were playing a team like NDSU. I forwarded it to Bohl. He referenced that article in his post-game presser, stating that it was apparent that some Chippewa's thought it was beneath them to play the Bison. And then we go to MSP where a dumbass HC basically does the same thing in his weekly presser even after the CMU game. If ignorance is bliss, than stupidity must be sublime.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    A close friend of mine who went to CMU sent me an article printed the week before the game where a starting LB said it was an embarrassment that they were playing a team like NDSU. I forwarded it to Bohl. He referenced that article in his post-game presser, stating that it was apparent that some Chippewa's thought it was beneath them to play the Bison. And then we go to MSP where a dumbass HC basically does the same thing in his weekly presser even after the CMU game. If ignorance is bliss, than stupidity must be sublime.
    Read this today and really want to see NDSU play Marshall: http://www.wvgazettemail.com/sports/...0-years-in-fbs (what I'm talking about is at the very end - the whole thing is an interesting read though.)

You can see Marshall's time in FBS in the link below. Despite some good seasons, NDSU has played and beaten more P5 teams. Heck, I bet half of Marshall's P5 games have been against West Virginia.

http://www.bisonville.com/fanguide/team000499.html

Note: I just did some database magic and it looks like Marshall is 7-34 against P5 teams (I'm showing one game in 1979, and then about 1.5 P5 games a year since 1991.) The last three years they've played 3 P5 teams.

Since NDSU started "watering down" the FCS, NDSU has gone 6-2 v the P5, while mighty Marshall has gone 3-19.
    Last edited by tony; 07-25-2017 at 04:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-to-craig-bohl

BR article from after the CMU game.
    I know I've mentioned this numerous times before, but what needs to be remember that game involved two future NFL Superstars for CMU - J.J. Watt (as a TE) and Antonio Brown.
    Hail the BISON!!!

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    I think that was their ass-kicking.
    Fixed it for you.