Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018 Verbal: Brendan Cook

Default Re: 2018 Verbal: Brendan Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Puetz View Post
    I thought the same thing about speed off the edge, but he is great at reading the play, and the play never develops behind him because he makes the tackle after he sheds the blocker. His eyes are always on the ball carrier and once he gets a hold of the ball carrier (at least on the plays on his tape), the ball carrier is down, either via a solo tackle or a gang tackle. I thought he looked solid as a football player.
    I'm not sure how much stock to put into this, but a coach's tweet two days agao said that NDSU picked up a DT verbal. That could have been a misprint or could be referring to another prospect, but do you think it's possible that they are looking at him as a DT prospect rather than a DE?

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I'm not sure how much stock to put into this, but a coach's tweet two days agao said that NDSU picked up a DT verbal. That could have been a misprint or could be referring to another prospect, but do you think it's possible that they are looking at him as a DT prospect rather than a DE?
    That would be my bet.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

NDSU on Scout confirmed with Brendan that he was recruited as a DT in a nice interview. A lot more good stuff in the article, of course.

Chicago Tribune story on Brendan Cook's verbal to NDSU:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburb...807-story.html