Page 5 of 73 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Championship tickets

Default Re: 2018 Championship tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    It was 45 and 55.
    Those greedy NCAA bastards. They realize that they have a couple really good teams with passionate fanbases so let's jack up the prices and milk as much money from them as we can.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I suppose they figure, why let the secondary market make money when they can too.

I got no issue with the price as this feels about right; it was under priced before, but they now know JMU and NDSU fans will snatch them up. I still will pick a bone on their secondary market practices which I found completely deplorable.

I don't have a problem with the prices. They are where they probably should be. I am just a little surprised as the NCAA is all over the secondary market. With the tickets half the cost, there would be a ton more movement and tickets getting sold two or three times and they get a cut every time. At these prices vs the old prices and a lot of reselling, it is probably a wash. Plus they were pretty much only guaranteed the payday if the bison were in it. Now they get it either way with a chance of still making money on secondary sales.

Looking over the past few years, this is way closer to market value than what it was without going overboard early.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

How much money has NDSU made the NCAA the last 6 years?? A LOT!!!!!!!
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I don't have a problem with the prices. They are where they probably should be. I am just a little surprised as the NCAA is all over the secondary market. With the tickets half the cost, there would be a ton more movement and tickets getting sold two or three times and they get a cut every time. At these prices vs the old prices and a lot of reselling, it is probably a wash. Plus they were pretty much only guaranteed the payday if the bison were in it. Now they get it either way with a chance of still making money on secondary sales.

Looking over the past few years, this is way closer to market value than what it was without going overboard early.

I respect the opinion, but not sure if folks noticed that they literally said you are not allowed to transfer your tickets to others if you sold them if the transaction did not take place in their system. That is completely deplorable behavior; I have no issue of them taking a cut if folks choose to use their system, but to say you can't sell them however you wish is just plain wrong. Made me even more happy I sold them on ebay.
    Last edited by THEsocalledfan; 08-24-2017 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    you are not allowed to transfer your tickets to others if you sold them if the transaction did not take place in their system. That is completely deplorable behavior; I have no issue of them taking a cut of folks choose to use their system, but to say you can't sell them however you wish is just plain wrong.
    I think it might be illegal too. I have no way to prove it but I thought at least in Minnesota that was illegal.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

I respect the opinion, but not sure if folks noticed that they literally said you are not allowed to transfer your tickets to others if you sold them if the transaction did not take place in their system. That is completely deplorable behavior; I have no issue of them taking a cut of folks choose to use their system, but to say you can't sell them however you wish is just plain wrong. Made me even more happy I sold them on ebay.
    It stems from a belief of who owns the tickets. With some organizations, there is the tacit approval the buyer owns the ticket and can do what they want to with it. The NCAA believes they still own the ticket and can dictate transfer rules. I don't know how our legal system has supported either belief.

I do know there are a lot of entities who put a lot of safeguards in place to reduce reselling, but I am of the belief once a person buys a ticket, they should be able to do what they want to with it within the legal parameters of the jurisdiction they are operating in. I know in some cases some people have created a false market value by controlling supply, but eventually true market value comes out. The NCAA employs people who have the responsibility to price tickets to maximize profit. They need to get out of the game of trying to control the market. Charge a nominal transfer fee. Otherwise you slow down availability of tickets, driving down supply, and screwing fans under the guise of protecting a product. Now we go full circle. Whose product is it?

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post

I do know there are a lot of entities who put a lot of safeguards in place to reduce reselling, but I am of the belief once a person buys a ticket, they should be able to do what they want to with it within the legal parameters of the jurisdiction they are operating in.
    Its called capitalism. Its like someone thinking they shouldnt be charged more for all the steps it takes to get the produce from the farm to the grocery stores. Everyone gets their cut.

I respect the opinion, but not sure if folks noticed that they literally said you are not allowed to transfer your tickets to others if you sold them if the transaction did not take place in their system. That is completely deplorable behavior; I have no issue of them taking a cut if folks choose to use their system, but to say you can't sell them however you wish is just plain wrong. Made me even more happy I sold them on ebay.
    How can they even enforce that? They gonna check everyones IDs on the way in???