Page 12 of 73 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Championship tickets

Default Re: 2018 Championship tickets

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    I would love Orlando. It would be a great trip for families.
    It would be ideal to be in a place that you could just plan a vacation for in early January regardless. If the Bison are playing for a natty there all the better but if not there's plenty of other attractions. I like Frisco just fine but DFW isn't a vacation destination in January. The benefit of that is Frisco rolls out the red carpet for it. I doubt a place like Orlando would give a rip outside of of the venue itself... just another event for them.

Thought this was interesting...
    Frisco temperatures the last 6 championship games, at least we missed this year.

Frisco2013.png
    Frisco2014.png
    Frisco2015.png
    Frisco2016.png
    Frisco2017.png

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    The benefit of that is Frisco rolls out the red carpet for it. .

To be honest though...like what? I mean they go hand out banners and what not to hotels. However, what is Frisco doing, aside from their Mayor tweeting about us, that make it this ultra red carpet experience? Maybe I've missed something over the years?

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    To be honest though...like what? I mean they go hand out banners and what not to hotels. However, what is Frisco doing, aside from their Mayor tweeting about us, that make it this ultra red carpet experience? Maybe I've missed something over the years?
    I'm talking about the local businesses moreso than the city of Frisco. They decorate specifically for NDSU. They throw block parties in an area a mile away from the stadium for NDSU fans. Some of them even contribute to NDSU's booster club.

But having said that the city/venue do enough by basically allowing us to have our fun without interference. Tailgating restrictions there are 10x more lax than the west lot of the Fargodome. They let us trample their field every year. Aside from the fire code issues a few places got in trouble for a few years back there's nothing I've heard of in terms of law enforcement unnecessarily terminating fun.

Overall, I've just been made to feel like a guest down there moreso than an outsider. I don't know what else you could expect.

yeah, i agree, i cant say the Texas Liquor cops are fun to deal with, randomly pulling people they think as "drunk" out to do sobriety tests.
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Obviously Frisco is Fargo South. Don't believe in expanding capacity of their venues. Should be easy at Friscos stadium since top of one sideline is pretty much ground level.
    The stadium is built for soccer which meets there needs. They arent going to expand a stadium for one game a year. Plus there is no guarantee they will be awarded the contract after this one expires.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I don't know what else you could expect.
    Probably literally any city after 5 years of pouring Millions into their economy.

Just sayin.

Probably literally any city after 5 years of pouring Millions into their economy.

Just sayin.
    I doubt you'd see it in places like Orlando, Vegas, San Diego, Phoenix, etc. This would be just another event for them. Then again they'd have to actually care enough to bid on it in the first place (which I doubt they do). Frisco wants it and they do a good job with it IMO so I don't see the need to fix something that isn't broken.

I ended up getting 7.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Are we really arguing if Frisco is a good spot? My goodness, we need the season to start already!!!!!