Page 34 of 73 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Championship tickets

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2018 Championship tickets

Quote Originally Posted by GOB1SON View Post
    Just so everyone is on the same page, the first year they allowed accounts to request up to 25 tickets. After that debacle, they now allow accounts to request their allotment up to 12. I have 16 season tickets on my account, but I am only allowed to request 12 so I have to find tickets on the secondary market in order to get everyone in the door.

With the increase in allotment tickets I would think that the secondary market will cool off after JMU and NDSU folks get their tickets and they open up the 1000 or so seats in the end-zone. Might spike for a bit but patience is the key...

Will be interesting too see how deep into the points NDSU goes. More than a few folks got their tickets early and choose not to rely on the allotment process.
    I've always been an advocate for waiting since the demand doesn't outweigh supply by that much. This year may be the exception. I still don't think it's $250+ demand, but I think it will be harder to get face value late in the process. You are still probably fine to show up and find a ticket the day of the game because not many will do that. But our opponent has a similar fan base for the first time, and they were there last year so they aren't inexperienced with this. And there are fewer seats available to sell. They key is still to be patient. They won't likely go higher, only lower. It's just a matter of how quickly they will go down and how far down they go.

GOB1SON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I've always been an advocate for waiting since the demand doesn't outweigh supply by that much. This year may be the exception. I still don't think it's $250+ demand, but I think it will be harder to get face value late in the process. You are still probably fine to show up and find a ticket the day of the game because not many will do that. But our opponent has a similar fan base for the first time, and they were there last year so they aren't inexperienced with this. And there are fewer seats available to sell. They key is still to be patient. They won't likely go higher, only lower. It's just a matter of how quickly they will go down and how far down they go.
    I think you are spot on (and your track record proves it). If I were a single, I would just show up and buy a scalped ticket.

Obviously more folks will get tickets through the allotment that before and that will put more downward pressure on the secondary market (less buyers looking after the "sorry" letter from SU/JMU).

With that said, I'm thinking 125 will be a pretty good place to buy... and I'm looking for 10.
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft-living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life...

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think you are spot on (and your track record proves it). If I were a single, I would just show up and buy a scalped ticket.

Obviously more folks will get tickets through the allotment that before and that will put more downward pressure on the secondary market (less buyers looking after the "sorry" letter from SU/JMU).

With that said, I'm thinking 125 will be a pretty good place to buy... and I'm looking for 10.
    had a friend walk up right after kickoff and was handed a free ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    i am, with the added 1300 seats i have a good feeling I will get mine this year, been on the fringe before but had always bought in advance and skipped the NDSU lot all but 2012
    I'd like to think we'd have a shot as well. Stubhub '11 and '12. We put in and got drawn in '13 and '14 but weren't drawn '15 and that was before construction started. Unfortunately, I'm not sure an extra 1300 is enough to satisfy the demand for this game, so my guess is we don't get drawn but that's why we always buy early and use teammakers as the backup.

And requests like a group of 10 together, a specific section (i.e. 50-yard line, first row) will affect the market rate. That is true with any product. This still isn't a ticket where the market rate should be $300 for anyone unless they don't want to be patient or the cost of the ticket isn't critical to them. I don't fault anyone for listing their tickets at higher prices because it only takes one person to buy it at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    And requests like a group of 10 together, a specific section (i.e. 50-yard line, first row) will affect the market rate. That is true with any product. This still isn't a ticket where the market rate should be $300 for anyone unless they don't want to be patient or the cost of the ticket isn't critical to them. I don't fault anyone for listing their tickets at higher prices because it only takes one person to buy it at that price.
    There's definitely some noobs out there buying tickets right now for waaaay more than they'd need to. Flashseats shows recently sold tickets and I see 4 in section 132 (closest section to the stage) row 8 that sold for $400 a piece and 4 in section 110 (east goalline) row 19 that sold for $467 a piece.

I guess it's their money to spend how they want but I think each of those buyers threw away at least $800 each that they could've pocketed if they would've waited a week or two.

Why don't you two get a room?
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Why don't you two get a room?
    I thought you were my roommate!

NDSU and JMU with LESS SEATS will bring $200-250.tickets easily.

deal with it, its worth the money, you'll spend more than that looking at hoot's that weekend
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

As someone said, they are a TEAMMAKER & they have very few points, but rec'd a ticket two years ago. That $100. donation pays off!!!
    Heck, the young adults who are asking if I can help them find tickets, are getting the "101" about "joining teammakers."
    With 1,300 additional seats in the allotment, they may go down the "point" list farther than we think? Who knows...
    but it's an excellent time for Teammakers to make a "plug" for JOINING TM. CHRISTMAS gifts = TM membership!!!
    (I can't believe the number of ppl on facebook who are asking for tickets at face value... and they are not TMers.)