Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Defense: Potentially best ever?

Default Re: 2017 Defense: Potentially best ever?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Jalen Allison has the potential to be as good as any corner we've ever had. Tre Dempsey is a stud.

We need Grimsley to take his game to the next level and improve at the #2 and #3 corner.

If that happens we could be pretty darn good.

Love the front 7 though. Deeper than years past and feet talented. We need everyone to continue that upwards trajectory. Need one of the young linebackers to do well
    I thought Grimsley has gotten better in every game he has played. He was getting better by the end of last year at not getting sucked up into the wash on every play action. He isn't an all-world tackler, but he is getting better at it. I am not worried about his role on the team and feel he is getting a very good grasp of how he is supposed to fit in a team defense philosophy. It has been baby steps, but in my opinion they have all been mostly forward and the third season we should see that next level.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I thought Grimsley has gotten better in every game he has played. He was getting better by the end of last year at not getting sucked up into the wash on every play action. He isn't an all-world tackler, but he is getting better at it. I am not worried about his role on the team and feel he is getting a very good grasp of how he is supposed to fit in a team defense philosophy. It has been baby steps, but in my opinion they have all been mostly forward and the third season we should see that next level.
    Was listening to one of our coaches on the radio and they said he added some really good weigh which will help in run support. If he can get to that 200 lb range and keep his speed, he's got some big time potential. As a freshman he was 180 dripping wet. Different type of player than Colton Heagle who was a tackling machine (and one of my favorite players ever) but pretty meh in coverage. Robbie is a total stud in coverage but needs to work on his tackling skills. Overall I think he's a better athlete than Heags so the potential is there

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Great defenses get off the field quickly irregardless of what the offense does
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...m=irregardless

Also you're an idiot. Any defense will get completely gassed and not have enough time to make adjustments between series if the offense repeatedly goes three and out while chucking the pigskin and burning basically zero clock.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post

Also you're an idiot. Any defense will get completely gassed and not have enough time to make adjustments between series if the offense repeatedly goes three and out while chucking the pigskin and burning basically zero clock.
    Is this a quote from the Lombardi book ?

Considering UN_ has never been known to play defense, how would you know any of this???

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It's English and someday the dictionary will agree with me, irregardless don't throw so many hail marys then.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Did you read the last sentence?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    He probably did but posted it irregardlessly.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Let it go, he's an el forko grande fan where they don't see or understand good football and thus don't understand that a great defense tends to get off the field quickly which means that even if your offense is playing like garbage, that the other teams is as well thus keeping the game winnable...earregardles

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

That's why I posted it.