Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Recruits

Default Re: 2018 Recruits

Quote Originally Posted by harleycowboy View Post
    We had a Carlson from Minnesota that was a national champ for us around 2000. I don't know if he is related, Carlson is a common name in Minnesota. I like Burwick and Ripplinger as light weights as I indicated above.
    That would have been Paul Carlson. If I remember correctly, he was from St. Francis. One heck of a wrestler that was an immediate impact as a true Freshman and won an individual title in 2003.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Those Burwicks are all about North Dakota through and through...honestly, i don't think recruiting the son should be tough.

Jared Franek broke Jordan Schearer's ND HS wins record this past week as he won another EDC title.

Noah Cressell lost his first match of the year but advanced to next weeks Indiana State tournament.

Chase Bittle is the all time Illinois leader in pins, and improved to 47-3 on the year. He advanced to next weeks Illinois state championships.

Dylan Droegenmuller is ranked #2 behind Clay Carlson in MN AAA at 132. He was #7 in The Guillotine's last ranking of top MN HS seniors, ahead of MN commit Jake Gliva and SDSU commit Kenny O'Neil.

Austin Brenner is ranked #2 behind SDSU commit Peyton Robb in MN AAA at 160. He was #18 in The Guillotine's last ranking of top MN HS seniors.

Sam Stuhl is 33-1 and won districts this past week.

Noah Cressell lost in the semi finals of state and has a chance to wind up with 3rd place, and a 43-2 record.

Chase Bittle added 2 more falls to his state record advancing to the finals, has a chance to win a state title, and finish 51-3.

Jared Franek should win another ND Class A state title in 1-2 hours. Has three pins and has wrestled right around a minute in each match.

Sam Stuhl has state next week.

I'd like to add any of these guys wrestling this weekend in Iowa to this class:
    Tanner Sloan, 195 pound small school Iowa finalist (strong ag school would be a big draw for him)
    Jacob Dykes, 195 lb Iowa big school finalist
    Ben Sarasin would've been a great fit, but he chose D2 Chicago because he liked the school.
    Dykes' teammate Wilfred Kadohou is a finalist at 160 in Iowa big school (vs Nelson Brands), but he just started wrestling as a sophomore! Had a losing record on JV in that year and made it all the way to the title match as a senior in one of the toughest wrestling states. He's going to be really interesting to see how much better he can continue to get. Would love to give him a shot too.

My dream would be signing Frankie Gissendanner, but last I heard he was considering Ohio State, NC State, Cornell, Binghamton, Maryland, North Carolina, Rutgers and Edinboro.

MN guys get going with individual sections next week.

Franek did win another title.

Cressell got third.

Bittle blew a 5-0 3rd period lead by giving up 3 TDs and a stall point, to force in OT. Gave up another TD in OT to prevent him from winning a 3rd state title

Just looking at results it looks like Garrett Jangula could be a potential recruit in a couple of years. He won state at 152 and he was undefeated. He won state last year and took 2nd as an 8th grader. It appears he beat the class A state champ who was dominating at the state tournament. I have never seen him wrestle. Does anyone know if he is good enough to be a good division 1 wrestler.

Stuhl won state at 138 with a pin in the 3rd period.

Droegenmuller and Brenner are in the semi's with 2 wins and nothing short of a major in these 4 wins. Habish is also in the semi's who is a 2019 commitment at 160 the same bracket as Brenner. Also a 182 semifinalist is an undefeated Moorhead wrestler, Riley Schockey who is a junior.

Brenner beat Habish in overtime to get to the finals. Droegenmueller lost in the semi finals along with the Moorhead 82. Both are wrestling for 3rd. It sure seems like SDSU is beating us in recruiting Minnesota which in Bucky's time was not the case. It will be our recruit vs. theirs in the 160 AAA final with theirs probably being a huge favorite ( Robb).

As I remember, this years senior class was part of the #2 recruiting class in the nation. What happened? I think we need to Send Kish to Bono's coaches clinic in October with a pen and paper.

1). How to recruit top wrestlers- All the top HS wrestlers are in Fargo each July.
    2). Wrestler retention- All programs lose kids but there is no reason we should lose as many kids as we do.
    3). Why can't we fill the line up with division 1 starting quality wrestlers.
    4). Why is it that SDSU has more fans at our home meet when they come to town than we do? There are 200,000 people in the Fargo metro area and 20,000 people in Brookings.
    5). Why is it that SDSU wrestlers would run through a brick wall for Bono and NDSU wrestlers would all get together and push the wall on top of Kish!
    6). Why don't graduates stay with the program in various roles. Hayden Zillmer, Josh Rodriguez?