Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Recruits

Default Re: 2018 Recruits

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    I'm torn...I love watching the guy compete...but his and his father's antics generally overshadow his accomplishments.

It would make the team a hell of a lot better, but also introduce a notorious bad seed to the room.

My hope for him, and I recognize this is a long shot, is that he never wrestles in college again and goes Greco and battles Gabe Dean for the 85 kg spot. He's tremendous at upper body and he is a world class talent.
    I would have to disagree on the making the team better. Yes, if he made it to the Nationals, he probably scores serious points and possibly becomes an All-American, but he's the type of an individual that can leave a team in ruins for years.

Judging by how he and his father react through social media, I'm guessing both are sociopaths in that they absolutely refuse to take blame for their actions. It's alway the "clowns" fault.

What he brings is the opposite of what being a Bison is suppose to be. I would call him the anti-Saxlund. Downey is about himself and would care less about the Bison culture and our fans.

What amazes me is how does he still have eligibility left? Initially after high school, he verbals to Clackamas CC since he can't get an offer elsewhere due to not wrestling his Senior year due to fighting and jail time. Never showed up there in favor of training at the USOTC, where he does win a Junior Silver World Medal. After the USOTC, he ends up Lincoln for a short time and gets kicked out by one of the best, caring people in wrestling, Mark Manning. After that, he ends up back at the JC-level for Iowa Central. After winning a JC Title, he's ends up Iowa State. From there, he burns a great opportunity by refusing to train or get therapy while injured (rumors have him enjoying life at a Colorado ski resort). Instead he posts drivel to his followers about how he's being mistreated and that he's only there for the championship part of the season. These posts (along with a non-discreet video featuring him and his girlfriend on social media) finally gets him booted from ISU.

The dude needs to forget wrestling altogether and grow up.
    Hail the BISON!!!

There are still some hurdles out there for any school looking a PDIII.

1) He still has to get himself academically eligible, even though I believe he has now been granted a full release from ISU.

2) To Christopher's point, he only has 1 semester of eligibility left from what I can gather, so with that being said a school would have to determine if a short term disruption is worth it or not.

3) If a team does take a risk on him, they would have to take all of the antics that have occurred over the last few years into consideration and determine if the Risk/Reward is worth it.

Let me try to keep this thread up-to-date:

Dylan Droegemueller, 133/141, Anoka, MN, Champlin Park
    2017, MSHSL 126AAA, 3rd
    2016, MSHSL 113AAA, 5th
    (Guillotine Article)

Chase Bittle, 133/141, Belleville, IL, Althoff Catholic
    2017, IHSA 126A, 1st
    2016, IHSA 120A, 1st
    2015, IHSA 113A, 2nd
    ND Wrestle Article

Austin Brenner, 165/174, St. Cloud, MN, St. Cloud Tech
    2017, MSHSL 152AAA, 3rd
    2016, MSHSL 145AAA, 4th
    2015, MSHSL 132AAA, 2nd
    2014, MSHSL 113AAA, 5th
    SC Times Article

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by RadioBison View Post
    Let me try to keep this thread up-to-date:

Dylan Droegemueller, 133/141, Anoka, MN, Champlin Park
    2017, MSHSL 126AAA, 3rd
    2016, MSHSL 113AAA, 5th
    (Guillotine Article)

Chase Bittle, 133/141, Belleville, IL, Althoff Catholic
    2017, IHSA 126A, 1st
    2016, IHSA 120A, 1st
    2015, IHSA 113A, 2nd
    ND Wrestle Article

Austin Brenner, 165/174, St. Cloud, MN, St. Cloud Tech
    2017, MSHSL 152AAA, 3rd
    2016, MSHSL 145AAA, 4th
    2015, MSHSL 132AAA, 2nd
    2014, MSHSL 113AAA, 5th
    SC Times Article
    Thanks for posting this.

It appears there are 2 junior light weights that I am sure we are recruiting for 2019. Ryan Ripplinger is rated 89 as a junior. The last couple of weekend Kyle Burwick has beaten him in tournaments. Maybe Burwick at 25 and Ripplinger at 33. These are the 2 best wrestlers in ND besides Franek who is a senior already committed to us. In the 2019 recruiting class we already have a 174 from Minnesota committed ( Habish). We need to keep upgrading our recruiting.

Sam Stuhl also flipped from SDSU to NDSU

Dylan Droegemueller (132 Anoka), Sam Stuhl (Ellsworth 138), and Jared Franek (West Fargo 160) all were runner up at the MN Christmas tournament. Droegemueller and Stuhl lost to a pair of Carlson's from Wilmar, who have a cousin and brother at SDSU, while Franek lost to Peyton Robb, a SDSU commit. Droegemueller did beat MN commit Jake Gliva. Austin Brenner (St Cloud Tech 160) took fourth, losing one to Robb too.

I'm still high on both Stuhl and Franek, but would love to add Burwick to them.

Looking to the future, we need to start identifying Eaton's replacement. He's only a rSo, but we don't have anybody on the roster to replace him. If we found his replacement in this class, he'd only sit for 1 year.

Franek won Rumble On the Red yesterday, while Sam Stuhl was 2-0 at the Clash.

Clay (12th, 132) and Cael Carlson (11th, 138) of Wilmar both won the Rumble too. Cael beat Sam Stuhl at the Chistmas tourney last week. They're related to SDSU's Colten Carlson, but I hope we're in on them and can sway them to come North.

The top non-Franek ND kids won the Rumble too. Kyle Burwick won at 120 and Ryan Ripplinger won at 126. They're both Juniors and would be great fits at NDSU. I feel like their profiles have really risen on the national scale in the past year too.

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    Franek won Rumble On the Red yesterday, while Sam Stuhl was 2-0 at the Clash.

Clay (12th, 132) and Cael Carlson (11th, 138) of Wilmar both won the Rumble too. Cael beat Sam Stuhl at the Chistmas tourney last week. They're related to SDSU's Colten Carlson, but I hope we're in on them and can sway them to come North.

The top non-Franek ND kids won the Rumble too. Kyle Burwick won at 120 and Ryan Ripplinger won at 126. They're both Juniors and would be great fits at NDSU. I feel like their profiles have really risen on the national scale in the past year too.
    Burwick was totally dominant. A pair of 10-0 majors was the closest anybody got to him. I’ve heard he’s an ever better person than wrestler too. Would be great if he became a Bison.

We had a Carlson from Minnesota that was a national champ for us around 2000. I don't know if he is related, Carlson is a common name in Minnesota. I like Burwick and Ripplinger as light weights as I indicated above.